System76 unveils thelio

system76.com/desktops

> Smallboi - Up to 32GB RAM, 24TB storage, Ryzen/Intel. Basically a desktop PC,starts at $1.1K
Midboi - Up to 128GB RAM, 46TB storage, Assripper/Intel. More workstation/creativeshit. Starts at $2.3K
Bigboi - (Makes macfags look like poorfags) Up to 768GB of ECC Memory, 86TB storage,Dual Xeons. Starts at $2.8K.For a full setup it costs a good $75K

Attached: image.jpg (1814x1248, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAD7H6MS9053
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>$1,100 for a Ryzen 5 2400G, 8GBs DDR4-2933, 250gb SSD, Integrated Graphics, and limited 2 year warranty.
Literally over half the cost of the machine is the fucking wooden case. I'll just pay some 76-year old carpenter $200 and a case of beer to make me one over a weekend. $150 if I have to sit down and talk to him about his shitty politics for an hour when I meet with him.

I want the case.
The rest of the system is shit

>Out-of-this-world handcrafted systems
>handcrafted
meaning they put in the parts you pick or do they handcraft the case itself?
if its the former its a big as scam.

Yeah they build the case by hand from rough timber.

Isn't timber a shit-tier material for cases though? I thought you wanted something as thermally conductive aspossible

that's just for laptops, in desktops airflow is more important

>$349 for a Radeon RX 580 8GB

Wait, why? I can get one off Newegg for $100 less.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAD7H6MS9053

system76 is the apple of linux

superior case coming thru.

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (991x899, 334K)

Oh look...an ad.

Attached: 4f0.png (147x228, 40K)

It's fine.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1259x880, 153K)

So which one do I need for TempleOS?

>a fucking 1080 ti on such small space
I mean it's impressive to have so much power in such a small case but jesus christ the heat must be awful

Why don't they sell the case without their shitty logo? Maybe I'd buy that.

Alright, I watched the "easily expandable" vidya on their site, the case is basically your standard metal shit case with a little wood trimming from the looks of it. Why is this so expensive again?

Nigga, it has all the air to breathe.
There is a fuckhuge vent right above the fans, and probably also round the GPU.

I'm sick of seeing this autistic shit posted all the time. At least post more photos so it doesn't look like a box of random parts crammed into an off the shelf hobby electronics project box.

Problem with the super small sandwich cases like that is the heat from the GPU saturates everything when you have something like a RTX 2080 in there, and the already very limited CPU cooling is even more strained by it.

I'd buy that case by itself.

kys appletard

I had a system76 laptop (pangolin performance) back in the day. Must've been a decade ago. Build quality was shit (like, mechanically and electrically). Won't buy again.

>thermally conductive
for heatsinks yes
>for cases
laptops are made out of plastic and do just fine for all brands but two.

it turns out that exchanging hot air for cold air is more effective than just having a bigger heatsink. which is why we use fans, which can replace all of the air in a case in less than a second.

>that cost
>no thunderbolt 3 or full featured (data, power, display) usb c
why

Those are features that need to be supported by the motherboard
These are complete systems, but clearly built with off the shelf parts (aside from the case and SATA drive doohickey)

Are you dumb? Just look at pictures of the case. The motherboard and GPU sit opposite of each other, separated by a mounting plate and both sides of the case are completely perforated for open airflow. It's probably better for cooling than most of these tempered glass meme cases out on the market, the only limiting factor for CPU is cooler height.

Not him but wouldn't wood also be subject to warping due to heat? "Engineering" plastics like ABS are actually pretty heat stable. Up to 100-110C it's rigid. But wood would start warping wouldn't it?

Wood-grain 8-track player comeback!

Attached: Allied_TR-808_Stereo_8-Track_web.jpg (648x357, 139K)

You don't seem to fully appreciate the extent to which the heat from a high-end GPU will saturate the case. The tophat with exhaust fans will be practically mandatory for high TDP hardware.

Except it's not. The case isn't new, people already tried sticking 8700k nuclear furnaces and 1080TIs in there and had no complaints

No one besides the creator and a couple of youtubers have built anything in the case.

I give it 4 months before that shitty wood starts cupping and won't sit flush with the metal anymore. Cupping isn't reversible.

Attached: wood-floor-cupping.jpg (360x235, 25K)