Have to write a paper for an English class about a monster (simplified explanation)...

Have to write a paper for an English class about a monster (simplified explanation). What Jow Forums related thing could be called a monster? I don't want to choose some faggoty topic like how vampires are monsters but mite b kewl to write about how Steve Jobs, systemd, or social media might be monsters.

Post tech monsters ITT

Attached: skelly hackin.gif (458x286, 529K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition
orderinchoas.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/mathematical-monsters/
calresco.org/fractal.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vim

It can be frightening to a newcomer, certainly.

Enterprise software:

github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition

vim the codebase

systemd

Holy fuck I wish I was an English student

> opened this funny program called vim
> looks like a nice text editor
> finished editing a file and that's when I realized it had me
> there was no escape
> everything I did to escape the clutches of the program was no good
> in the end I took it upon myself to kill the session
Could be fun writing about vim

write about an AI botnet monster cock that cucks the entire human race

This

I'm kind of liking the idea, just might be a challenge to explain it to my normie liberal retard professor who doesn't even own a cell phone.

Might do vim though, could be a lot of fun

Write about a monster which downloads all the rams from the computers, slowing down the entire worlds connected computers

Proprietary software.

they probably want you to write about Trump

He mentioned Trump and Hitler

I have no mouth, and I must scream.

in the same sentence?

I don't think so I didn't really pay attention. I zone out when he talks about politics or movies/actors because I give zero fux about those things

No, you dont.
t. technical writer

>get to spend 4 years reading cool books and get a degree out of it

Sounds good to me. I had to basically put all reading on pause to read awful CS books. It's not like a cs degree matters or gets jobs an English can't. But English can get jobs CS can't

Rokos basilisk

literally this community (specially when they try to create a linux distro)

Spiderman Elsa recommendation algorithm stuff.

Hoarding data to brainwash people with targeted ads, search results, related links...

This is a terrible topic; it isn't serious. No one will understand the inside jokes. Don't do this, but if you do, post it here for us. ;)

This and how youtube's autoplay is feeding toddlers with unlimited bright loud content that will fuck up their attention span

that gif makes no sense whatsoever, the robot would just have some way of interfacing with the computer through a wired/wireless port of some kind and signal all those keystrokes through that input.

Look up I have no mouth and I must scream. there's your Jow Forums monster

That's not a robot. It's a human who decided typing speed was more important than his hands.

(you are right though, since brain interface devices do exist in GitS)

Human over consumption could be considered monstrous. For each single human to live its natural life, 16,000 animals must die to feed us. That's not even including the deaths caused by industrialization of machines/etc, just the food itself.

We've wiped >60% of all animal life on earth in the last 50 years.

fuck yea we did. who the needs animals in this day and age?

Any superintelligent machine or Google itself, but that might depend on how exactly your prof is trying to get you to define "monster". You'll probably get points off for daring to impede the bastion of morality and truth that is google though, no matter how much they track everyone, manipulate search results, shadowban people, edit your comments, or enlist heavily biased organizations to moderate their sites. No, google is true neutrality, the absolute center of the political spectrum (which is only a spectrum don't you dare think in terms other than left and right) and the image results for "American inventors" and "white man with white woman" reflect the common thoughts of the people today and general historical data. If you don't believe google is neutral, just google it, you'll find out why you're wrong.

They actually say something like that during that scene. The reason they do the many fingered hands is to avoid the damage that could be caused by someone hacking into a cyborgs brain. Cybersecurity is a bit more nebulous in that show than in real life.

>that might depend on how exactly your prof is trying to get you to define "monster".
part of the paper is that I must define what a monster is and also relate it to some definitions he gave us as well as compare it to Frankenstein in some way

I might not do vim, in light of what says. I don't think a short paper would be enough to really explain what vim means to nerds. I'm about to read I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream to see if it will work. I don't necessarily want to do AI because he mentioned the killer AI in class and I need to get an A. Copying his idea is B work.

Surprised Jow Forums is actually trying to give some nice answers, expected just a bunch of shitposts.

Attached: dont trust people in the cyber world.jpg (640x480, 67K)

Something to do with fractals and how the term monster was applied to them
orderinchoas.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/mathematical-monsters/
calresco.org/fractal.htm

Uhh AI you fucking tard. Could write endless stories of AI destroying the human race.

There are roughly 30.000 days in 80 years. If every human being consumed on average half an animal a day, you could be speaking the truth. That's only possible if people only ate chicken (or rabbits), and EVERYBODY got to eat chicken every day. You are full of shit.

That is unless you count stuff like shrimps, which would add something like 30 to a person's kill count in one portion, in which case you're an idiot to virtue signal over shrimp lives.

don't forget the spiders you eat in your sleep m8

Nah, the calculation are purely food animals. Birds(chicken/turkey), Seafood, Cows, Pigs, etc.

Not accidental animals like spiders or etc.

>english can get jobs cs can't
like teacher and fucking lawyer
stfu

>>that might depend on how exactly your prof is trying to get you to define "monster".
>part of the paper is that I must define what a monster is and also relate it to some definitions he gave us as well as compare it to Frankenstein in some way
Genetic engineering, then. Gene selection/splicing/CRISPR in the search for the pinnacle of human evolution, China not really giving much of a shit about the ethical standards of the West in this area of research as applied to humans and are set to pull ahead as a result, and how it could easily backfire.

OP here, AM in I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream will be perfect for me, very easy to tie into what my professor wants.

Sageing since the thread died but in case any anons were still lurking I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks guys

>thought this
>tried out an english course since it was covered by my scholarships
>expected to read 10 full length books in a month and have a 5 page report on each by the end of the month
>this is on top of a class that wants me to write a one page essay every day and a class that wants me to read 3 articles and write an article similar to the views of the authors of those articles a week

It was fucking hell for a meme degree you will never get a good job with, don't do it.

Attached: 1512599019962.jpg (808x805, 38K)

underage get out

I'm 31, kiddo