How does someone deal with toxic people in the workplace?

How does someone deal with toxic people in the workplace?
I'm talking classical toxic of over inflated ego and asshole sperg attacks that don't into logic.

Attached: 91A86BF6-C80D-435D-B94F-836AE29EAAC9.jpg (600x787, 92K)

Hmmmh

It seems you can’t find a reliable pair of hands wherever you go

Maybe this is the normal

I've watch a guy sperg out on someone for calling his mistake only to spend the next week fixing it while breaking more shit.

>toxic
you need to go back

Let's try talking like an adult
"How does someone deal with assholes in the workplace?"

What you said
I feel like I want to fight the asshole but muh sheckles stop me

remind yourself that arguments are a two way street
an autist (such as yourself) often doesn't realize that they may be being autistic
the way you point out people's mistakes probably sounds insensitive or condescending and thus people with thinner skin (such as yourself) handle it poorly and become emotional (such as yourself)

I know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but it's probably the truth considering you gave us no real information and just want us to take your word for it :^)

Actually this guy chimped out on several people. Everyone is cool but he thinks he's better than everyone. I simply gave minor input and he lashed out on me only for him to get bodied by ignoring the team.

the chad conflict resolver:
he's being egoistic because you haven't proven that you're better than him, and thus far no one has taught him what it means to be humbled.
you show him how much of a programming GOD you are by creating solutions that everyone including him are forced to agree is better using the metrics that you and your team wholly consider valuable, which may include a combination of performance and readability
once this is done, demand respect for your obviously superior solution

the virgin passive aggressive route:
If he sucks as much as you claim he does and generally makes the environment stressful for you and your cozy clique then just record the meetings and conversations (the whole thing) and lodge a complaint with HR, you wimp.
Unhireable autists that nobody gets along with were supposed to be weeded out at the first interview.
That way you can stay hidden in your shell and never have to experience managing conflict like a mature adult.

Attached: 1510157663890.png (1280x1942, 517K)

>ask senior technician his opinion on a few methods of resolving an issue
>Replies "user you need to resolve this issue ASAP it's business critical"

Dude's a fucking meme. Getting some fucking junior hockey to resolve a junior ticket gone senior to resolve it for him... Fucking right off

After a reasonable amount of time, seek a new project away from that senior because you are not receiving meaningful mentorship.

>Getting some fucking junior hockey to resolve a junior ticket gone senior to resolve it for him... Fucking right off
what did he mean by this?

Just subtly bully him and goad other people into doing so if he's not popular. It doesn't really work if it's just you doing it, you need to convince other people to do it and do it when there's an audience.

You can just call him out for being a faggot if he's not in a position to make trouble for you; if he is then the first option is better.

>not just going to HR

Attached: D2E4F19D-6FD9-4B60-8863-E101467046A1.png (225x170, 36K)

>toxic
You know how I know it is you that is the problem, snowflake?

>toxic
OP is a SJW, don't give the mentally ill retard any advice.

Keylogger followed by blackmailing

Grow a pair and ignore it.

Try suicide

based

Take it up the ass like a real man.

This. No one cares about anyone and just want the best for themselves. Don't take anything personally and never get invested in a business that you don't own.

Toxic? What constitutes as toxic in your book?
Don't you have an HR department?

There are two types of people like this
>Actual autist
Prove your technical competence and he will shut up. If you can't do that you are pretty much fucked. Reporting him to HR will lead to you getting in shit for bullying someone with autism.
>Stressed out senior employee
Bright eyed employee who always wanted to help or be useful, and the company exploited the fuck out of that. People like this haven't had a vacation in forever and everyone comes to them with trivial shit that takes up their time, and because of this they develops this attitude that everyone is useless. These types become better once they get some actual time off.

The ticket was a simple hardware swap on a failed drive, the replacement coming from the server manufacturer, simple enough even if the raid did not rebuild right away I can troubleshoot that. But the certified server drive recommended from the manufacturer would not detect

Now I'm stuck resolving an issue appearently that no one wants to touch or help with. The manufacturer insists it's the right drive and only want to send the same drive back to us as replacement

Maybe if you can't replace components properly you shouldn't be doing it. Replacing a hard drive isn't a senior task user.

Meme me as you like, the server does not detect the """"certified"""" drive.

Does the drive spin? Did you attach it using a SAS cable or connection? The odds of them sending you a dud drive are way, way, way lower than you making a mistake.

>not just assaulting the guy in the darkness while he's leaving work

No external sas kit available to me, the drive does get a hardware light response then the software and raid card stays at disconnected.

Is this what autism looks like?

I've watched a guy yell at a qa who could easily end his life. I feel like a lot of people look down on them for no reason.
The dev was wrong but was butthurt that the qa caught his mistake

Have you tried another enclosure? I assume it has slots for sas drives rather than cables leading off it, try another bay.

Does it appear in the server bios? Has the bios been updated recently? What size is the drive?

The size is 300gb, and yes the back plane goes directly into the drive, no other bays available on the server.

The bios is definitely old this server is from 2010/2011

No drive status from the bios

So the drive lights up and spins but you get nothing from the bios?

I would try updating the bios as a starting point and try another bay. Just for reference is it a Windows server?

Just respond in metrics, add more reviewers etc. Act professionally, and not like a nigger.

If it goes through it goes through. It isn't your codebase so stop balding over it

Attached: 1537856065759.png (569x569, 560K)

you're talking about a woman, right?

This guy is maximum based and redcapsuled

mail him cp

>not getting jiu-jitsued while trying to assaulting him on in the darkness.

also loosing your job and getting arrested after being beaten.

if this happens in your work environment your work is shit bro. i cant imagine this sort of thing happening in my workplace. Everyone is civil and once a boss came to me and said : "im sorry for being rude the other day" and i didnt even remember what was the occasion. If they are not paying you a shitload of money move on bro. PS : i work as an intern in brazil and im payed peanuts.

If "everyone" is having that problem with said individual, then it's a problem to be escalated to HR. End of story.
Consider however, that if you asked other people about how they feel about said person, they may not tell you what they will tell HR. People's claims of their opinion of other people are often biased based on who they share it with, if that makes sense. And that could make HR believe that you are the problem.

You should never live with the assumption that you need your job. No matter your skillset, always operate under the presumption that your workplace actually needs you, not the other way around - because else you're their bitch, will never get a meaningful raise, may be replaced easily etc.

Take those trips somewhere else SIR

Crucial Conversations

>nothin personal kid
>just personal kid