Mathlet CS Degree

What does Jow Forums think of a CS degree where the only math courses you take are Calculus I, Linear Algebra, and Discrete Math. Where Calculus I is limits, continuity, differentiation, and simple polynomial integrals.

Attached: 1534087770763.gif (500x471, 1.14M)

I'm gonna do a CS minor where I only take business calc and thats it.

Even pajeet can do better than you user
how about you try harder

>implying
I would never do a garbage CS degree. EE or CE is the only thing anyone should do, wanting to get into this industry. Learn programming and any theoretical CS shit you may need yourself if it wasn't already taught in your ECE degree.

Attached: Rin.png (1024x576, 609K)

A little light on the math. Calculus 2 is tedious and hellish, but 3 is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Look for an advanced discrete math elective. Rings, groups, fields.

School posters begone

Most CS teach at least the following:
-Discrete math
-Calc I
-Lineage Algebra & Matrices
-Calculus-based Statistics
-Calculus II
-Computer Architecture (Has a lot of math/logic)
-Calculus III (some places optional not required)

>discrete math
>rings, groups, fields
excuse me?

The term you're looking for there is abstract/modern algebra. Also not really useful unless you are specifically interested in theoretical computer science.
>t. CS/Math double major

I don't know who you are and I didnt read your post, but thank you for posting Illya.

I am having to take Calc 1 through 3, linear alg, discrete math 1 and 2, differential equations, and statistics for my undergrad.

>Calculus I, Linear Algebra, and Discrete Math
Sounds like my IT undergrad requirements.

CS is a meme anyway for the most part, hell all IT degrees are, too many idiots graduate anyway, degrees are barely worth shit these days, you are better off blowing professors for recommendations.

No problem user, here's some more.
You probably go to a school that offers a decent CS program, unlike the one I posted.

Attached: 1530478322887.jpg (1000x1429, 694K)

Attached: 53f9d8e57d417e55f824e4e3d98dd560.png (489x438, 112K)

Why is Illya so cute?

engineering is just applied physics

Engineers are too busy doing shit in the background to worry about purity tests.

Attached: x k c d.png (945x261, 166K)

CS majors are too busy explaining to you and your friends why CAD runs like shit on a macbook air to care.

This.
Add to that the ridiculously low bar of testing in US colleges (online quizzes, open book everything, stupidly lenient grading, etc.) and the amount of literal retards you get graduating with full A's is just mind blowing.

You won't believe the type of shit I've heard from CS peers in my campus, and most of them are sitting on A's on all their classes.
They're the exact type of retards that graduate and complain there are no jobs because no one wants to hire their retarded ass.

>t. user cs major who hates the other cs majors

>-Computer Architecture (Has a lot of math/logic)
>(Has a lot of math/logic)
Yeah no

The vast majority of CS students at lower tier universities, are kids who knew how to flash pajeets custom rom on their android and fix dad's google chrome from not opening. They are told by teachers and media in high school that Computer Science is a great field with so many jobs, programming is easy, and you don't have to know math to be good at programming. I don't blame user for hating his peers.

>Every CS student has to become a programmer
Retard.

t. Sys Engineer

i get it a low tier university is where i go. you might not need the math for everyday programming but as esr says you must be able to do mathematics to be better than your average pooslinger

Attached: 1200px-Arguelles_Alexander.jpg (1200x1092, 222K)

>CS major knowing shit about hardware

lel, no.

What kind of job can I get out of college with a Information Systems degree?

Fuck guys, I'm going back to school for CS. I've taken calc and dif eqs, so I'm not a mathlet. I'm gonna make it with CS, but should I do EE or CE instead? I just don't wanna get meme'd.

Tell that to the retard teachers and parents peddling the idea to kids who don't know any better. Doesn't help that American colleges seem to have zero standards with naming their programs either. It just seems like any school can have a "CS" program that teaches webdev or some unrelated shit and nothing is done about it.

This

FYI I work as a security solutions developer and all I have is a degree in English from a community college.

Looks like you fell for them stem meme.

Attached: Lain Dance.gif (800x533, 3.69M)

Attached: CS comparison.png (1050x1657, 125K)

Attached: 1541126283062 -.gif (500x471, 479K)

illya a slut

I'm graduating from a top 50 university with only calc I, linear algebra for life sciences (easier version of the other one), discrete math and babby-tier statistics (everything is done in R and you don't even remember the formulas).

In all my senior level CS courses like operating systems, algorithms, AI, etc, I didn't feel like I was any worse off than people who did the harder stuff. Still haven't used any calculus yet.

Are universities that bad in the US? I have seen IT diplomas in some countries have some topics in the CE section.