>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

>Last thread

Attached: actuallygoodOPimage.jpg (500x389, 26K)

are there adapters that allow you to plug DDR3 ram into new motherboards that take DDR4 ram?

Kill yourself pedo.

>no lewd loli op

Attached: 24f5a4a2.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

What's a good reliable laptop with a great screen under $2000 USD? [spoiler]reddit[/spoiler] recommends Huawei MateBook but I dislike the fact that it looks like a MacBook

teacher asked me to program something that counts how many vowels in a word in a python

i made this
from math import *

userinput = raw_input("Enter a string and I will count how many vowels")
vowels = "AEIOUaeiou"
x = 0
for i in range(10):
x += userinput.count(vowels[i])
print x

is this the most retarded way to do it or is there a better way

Is gsync actually worth the 100$ markup? i want to get a 144hz 1440p ips monitor and will be getting a 1070ti paired with an 8600k. compared to non gsync or freesync, gsync is all ~$600+

Attached: 1540950567898.png (426x588, 157K)

You can spec out a thinkpad T480 with just about the same specs as the matebook and still stay well within your price limit

Is there a way to activate the item inspector in Firefox for android, or an extension that does that?

cute > lewd
shotas > lolis

Attached: 1538603863003.jpg (729x1032, 84K)

I'm partial towards Thinkpads because I am coming from a 2013 T440s. Is there any major difference between T480 and X1?

X1 Carbon is like the macbook of thinkpads. It's a bit slimmer and lighter, but unlike the other X models, it's a 14-inch. As for the "X1 Extreme", I have no idea what that is. From the looks of it, it's better, but pricier. You can get a GTX 1050 Ti on it instead of a "mobile" MX150, if you care about GPU power.

im scrolling through a folder of 130k images. any way to delete all files above a certain point in windows explorer?

I need something portable because I travel a lot. Which would you recommend? I'm willing to spend around 2k and the only thing I really want is a beautiful screen.

click where you want to start
scroll to the top
hold shift and click the top item
it should select those two items and everything in between.

Hard drive failed in my desktop and it's been a long time since I backed it up. I have other hard drives lying around, but would I be able to just get a usb to sata/power to get files off the hard drive? It had win7 installed, I mainly just want my notes and my browser logins.
iirc I've heard you can refrigerate or freeze the hard drive and it'll work for a short while.I'm overall just sort of unsure what to do.

nice, thanks lad. i was gonna click and hold and drag the mouse to the top, but that might have taken a while

You'll probably want the X1 Extreme then. If screen is your priority, X1 Extreme has the highest resolution of the bunch (can be specced to 3840x2160)

Are Microsoft Surfaces good? I'm looking for a Two in one deal for work

they're okay, they wont last forever like more durable laptops, they make okay emulators for ds and lower spec systems but will get hot if you play too long.
All you should expect to use it for is email, social media and casual streaming, better with a chromecast. Typing isn't that great and keyboard shortcuts may be affected, but they're handy to read docs and scroll by touch.

Resolution is only 1 factor of screen "goodness" though.

Would 1080p anime look the same or worse on a 2k or 4k screen versus a 1080p screen? (I know that most 1080p anime is upscaled 720p)

Gets the job done and is easy enough to understand, but it makes 10 full passes through the string

so what's the better solution?

Since no one bothered answering my question from the last thread:

When troubleshooting inability to boot issues, do I need to unplug the sata cables from the motherboard, or is just unplugging at the drive itself good enough? Also, should I unplug all drives or just the boot drive?

And the follow up information for laughing at my stupidity/bad luck:

Should have mentioned this. Getting no video output, off of both gpu and motherboard. Also tried hdmi and dp on both. Appears to not boot since a single tap of the power button nearly instantly turns it off while on Windows it would put it to sleep.
Worked earlier. But went to use it now plugged in my usb drive before powering on and I the above issues. Pretty sure the usb drive is cursed since it caused issues on my laptop when I tried to boot from it, but I've since formatted it. Caused my laptop to hang at the motherboard splash screen and could only be fixed by booting after disconnecting the internal hard drive so I'm trying to do that here.
I already tried reseating the gpu and removing the cmos battery but that hasn't fixed anything

I installed Helvetica Neue onto my PC and now Chrome forces it into any webpage it can. This isn't so much the problem as, for whatever reason, Chrome displays the "c" and "o" characters the same in this font (or at least with this "bug" it does)
Is there a good way to either improve Chrome's displaying of Helvetica or to disable it without uninstalling the font?
All of google's solutions are outdated and no longer work

Attached: hell_vetica.png (311x96, 16K)

I need the SIMPLEST POSSIBLE combinational logic circuit to take a 7 bit word a,b,c,d,e,f,g and output a 7 bit word s,m1,m2,m3,m4,m5,m6 such that where the input is a 6 bit binary integer in 7 bit two's complement, the output will be that number in 7 bit sign-magnitude form. i.e,
1010110 -> 1101010 (-42)
0101010 -> 0101010 (42)
1110011 -> 1001101 (-13)

Attached: 1343281778807.png (500x512, 276K)

OP is a faggot.

my sdcard is locked during use on a phone, (corrupted message) but is readable on my laptop. its write protected, and attempte to unlock via sdcard adapter is not working. what do i do?

Attached: __iori_rinko_gundam_and_gundam_build_fighters_drawn_by_zonda_solid_air__2b5660f8e3a096edd0b9a9167f29 (1567x2333, 1.09M)

I bought CCleaner, and I now know I bought something I don't know why people use it.
>Me = compulsive & stupid

A friend of mine is giving me an ex-mining motherboard as a gift that I want to put together with spare computer parts laying around to turn it into a TV box.

Its a TB-250 Btc pro, the one with 5 pci-e 1 lanes.

I can't tell if it can hold an NVME drive or just a regular sata m2 drive. Can it hold an NVME?

Attached: 189798.jpg (200x150, 6K)

Would a Thinkpad T400 with out a screen work still? I will be setting up a screen reader so I can be used by blind. Would doing this save battery life.

what course r u taking?

Attached: ooh.png (918x956, 992K)

?

actually it isn't a course i just need it......
¿

y tho

Attached: n-no.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

what if she gave me a handjob

Ok I'm not a CS student, but what you say doesn't make sense
>a 7 bit word a,b,c,d,e,f,g
fair enough. ASCII.
>output a 7 bit word s,m1,m2,m3,m4,m5,m6
those mx outputs can't happen in 7 bits, assuming ASCII.
>the input is a 6 bit binary integer
Wait I thought you said it was 7 bits?

Has any free encyption software replaced truecrypt in the past 4 years ?

it's for a game ok
>those mx outputs can't happen in 7 bits
yes they can. the only exception is input 1000000 which is twos comp for -64 which would be 8 bit in sign mag. I guess i dont really care about -64.
>Wait I thought you said it was 7 bits
the input is 7 bits but those 7 bits represent a 6 bit number because one of the bits is a sign bit because its in twos complement

Attached: __nagatsuki_kantai_collection_drawn_by_kanon_kurogane_knights__sample-1776e6c30f2141c7d0199660051859 (850x1108, 171K)

Anyone have any idea about telephone exchanger?
I have few questions.

Attached: 1420026124758.jpg (1024x752, 49K)

>truecrypt boomer
install veracrypt

is it possible to refinish a laptop screen? i havbe a w541 with a 3k screen, but it has a few blemishes on the surface, can I polish and reseal it or something?

I'm now also wondering this.

can someone implement my great idea for a theme switcher based on xresources colors
the idea is all your colors match up
like say your i3 config has border color set to !!!_{background}_!!! it would be the background as defined in your xresources

Attached: ideasguy.png (546x958, 69K)

I want to completely fuck my neighbours out of wifi, if i purchased a shit load of access points would i be able to oversaturate every band eith just my own network? If i hid the ssid would it matter?

>clearly enabled shared clipboard in virtualbox

so this is the power of free software... huh... really blows my mind what this stuff can do

Attached: file.png (460x276, 26K)

I forgot to say, I turned it on but it doesn't share the clipboard

Is there a way to make Brave browser use VLC instead of whatever shit it has as the default player?

did you install the virtualbox guest additions in your virtual system?

why doesnt webms on here support sound? not sure if its ON at other boards but specifically /b/

>install ubuntu on new machine
>apparently wifi adapter doesn't work
>drivers need to be compiled from source
>can't compile because don't have basic utilities
>don't have ethernet to get said utilities
>have to install utilities and their dependencies manually and it's a whole thing that probably won't even work in the end
surely there is a better way

Most certainly is. What WiFi are you using? Its an issue with debian based distros. Solution is to use fedora or manjaro

Trolling most likely. Gif supports it

>Gif supports it
fuck off faggot

>/b/ allows sound on webm
>all webm become screamers

bump

Attached: __iori_rinko_gundam_and_gundam_build_fighters_drawn_by_tonbo__7ad91bb7d08f4b59b4b92b872fd6b335.jpg (595x842, 104K)

What are simple projects I could do with Haskell?

Attached: 1528486143032.jpg (1920x1200, 736K)

Winfag here, I'm going to buy my first ssd. I'm gonna put windows, Photoshop and opera there. Is there anything I should know?(like changing cache directory for opera from ssd to hdd)

When you install Windows, the ssd should be the only drive plugged into the system. Windows loves placing the bootloader on random drives instead of the one you're installing to, which will slow down startup and prevent it altogether if you decide to remove the drive the bootloader is on.
Also if your ssd is small you can sacrifice some boot time to gain your ram's worth of disk space by removing hiberfil.sys and disabling the feature that writes it.

>hello world
>odd or even
>display random sized squares of random colors
probably boring but those are the first three i learned in basic years ago

I'm making a simple static website for a family member's business for free, but I have zero knowledge of web development outside of baby's first CSS class/bootstrap.

I want to have a "Contact Us" button that opens a mailto URL but I heard that spammers scrape websites to collect emails. Would it be enough to do something like:

Or will I have to learn how to use recaptcha or something?

i have ubuntu (latest LTS)
and its so bloated (UI/UX-wise).
What should i replace it instead if i dont want to go full command line only, but something in between?

I'm trying to get xterm to use the tewi font but it seems to just not want to no matter what I do. I've fixed errors it initially gave me and the stuff it complained about in the log, but it just doesn't use the font. I set FontPath and wrote "xterm +fp /font/path/" in .xinitrc, converted the bdf files to pcf, I don't know what it wants me to do at this point.

well, you can hide it as you wish, but think about a11y - if its not readable by the legit searching bot, your family member wont show up in the indexes properly and its bad for seo

Thanks, those are good points. I hadnt thought about the impact on accessibility or SEO. How do most people let customers contact them while avoiding spam then?

I'm considering upgrading GPU.

Does the GTX 1080 mini ITX have the same performance as a full sized one?

also for the sake of asking I may aswell ask
I could get a GTX 1070TI for about $660 AUD, or a GTX 1080 mini ITX for $770 AUD, is the $100 difference worth it?

Not gonna bother asking if gaming laptops are worth it because I know they aren’t but are there any laptops out there that I can play a game like dark souls 3 comfortably on? I just want it to run decently (slightly better than a PS4 or xb1, doesn’t have to be crazy good).

>Not gonna bother asking if gaming laptops are worth it because I know they aren’t
The 10XX GPUs in laptops are the same as the desktop variant. They aren't gimped anymore.

How do I make captachas in Clover turn back to normal so instead of marking tiny checkboxes at the bottom right of images I can just tap on the entire image like you used to?

Really? Didn’t know that. You’ll have to excuse me for being as IT illiterate as I am but are there any you would recommend? Can spend around £800-£900

Hey I want to ask probably a stupidest question possible.
I want to compile a program on C# using VS 2017, put it with source on github and I know for sure that someone will look inside it.
My stuff compiles into default /users/ folder.
Is there any possible way for that someone to know what was the release folder path with user name and stuff?
I.e. can someone learn the user name from a compiled program? If yes, are there any ways to hide that user name?

Dick > pussy, you nasty incel faggot.

Attached: 1491075481734.jpg (556x769, 74K)

based shotaposter

Just recently made the switch to ubuntu, i was fucking sick and tired of w10's bullshit.
I have a good library of games on steam and most of that shit is playing fine.
From time to time i enjoyed a bit of pirating games on windows. Can i try new games on linux too ? Any recommandations how i would proceed?

Back to the roast you go

Don't know what they go for in your market, but currency adjusted, you can get a 1070, or 1080 equiped laptop for that currency in America. Most of them have good displays, and mech keyboards too.
The 'gaymen laptop' meme is dead.

I'm trying to use the Sushi subtitle shifter and I keep getting this error.
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'NoneType' and 'float'
What do?

Depends on how sensitive you are to screen tearing. If you have the money then go for it.

Worse

It won't do NVMe

The mini will run louder and hotter than the full sized cards but the performance will be similar to the Founders Edition 1080.
The 1080 will definitely handle 1440p better but if you are planning on using 1080p then go for the 1070Ti.

change userinput to lowercase (.lower() method)
don't use "for i in range(10):", instead use "for letter in vowels:"

This, I didn't sign on for gayshit

Well being gay boosts your programming cred, deal with it

Can local .html files send anything to the internet?

No, being a virgin boosts your programming cred.

Yes

Can virtual machine use a device host has no drivers for?
I have three of pic related, but no drivers for my system. I was wondering if i could use it by running a vm with system that supports it.

Attached: QLE2462.jpg (640x480, 21K)

>networking question
->modem->unmanaged switch->router

My desktop connects to the switch with a 100ft cord. Recently I get no Internet connection and instead have a "unidentified network, no Internet" status.

If I connect the cord directly to the modem it works but to the switch = no deal.

I managed to get it working for a minute by "priming" the cord first to the modem then connecting it to the switch. During the time it worked the router no longer did. When I unplugged/plugged stuff to get the router to work it resolved it but now the desktop won't work. It seems it is either one or the other at the moment. Same results on a different computer.

Wtf is going on? Is cord borked or a conflict going on?

Attached: 1536530710620.jpg (1024x1023, 69K)

Followup question: will actidentally opening one bundeled with a movie torrent make my isp lay an egg?

What are chiplets and whats the recent craze about them being the future? And how is AMD tied to that?

yes

Can anyone please point me to a notes app that have sync and can works offline and have folders/notebooks with pin feature and available on Windows and android ??
Standard notes doesn't have folders
Turtl doesn't work offline

Attached: 1539150442019.png (482x427, 79K)

Precision Boost or manual all core OC on a Ryzen 2600X?

very unlikely, your ISP really doesn't care what websites you surf/send data to.

qownnotes if you run an owncloud server.

im using ubuntu but i feel like a noob because of it
what to do?

Move to Manjaro, the thinking man's baby distro.

Operator, it’s me again. The problem with my pc becoming choppy, cpu spikes, what looks like cursor fps dropping in videos (no fucking clue). Even after fresh install. Well, my patience has ran out, I’m replacing motherboard, cpu and buying new ram cause the old one was ddr3. It did the problem when running games from both the HDD and the brand new SSD so I figured it’s not these.

So, the only thing untouched is the psu. Do you think it can be the culrpit? How does it sound? With my ooga googa knowledge my guess is it’s the cpu.

My friend, how are your temperature when these choppy happen?

Was the Nvidia driver update enabling freesync support true?

Pretty normal.