Why haven't you moved to a Mac Jow Forums? You ARE a programmer right?

Why haven't you moved to a Mac Jow Forums? You ARE a programmer right?
youtu.be/C5lO-_G-on8

Attached: images (9).png (233x216, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/to-Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only thing I could see Mac having as for programmers is the Unix, but then windows has had that for years. And now it has Linux Subsystem for Windows, which is MS supported.

I'd rather die than use a Mac as my main computer desu

Look. Nobody uses wangblows for development. It is either GNU/Linux or Mac OS. Windows is garbage, a definite contender for worst OS ever.

>tech illiterate macfaggot thinks an outdated GNU toolchain and piss poor driver support is good for development
Ahahahaha, and don't even suggest using real Applol hardware that thermal throttles down to 1GHz. And let's not forget about those shitty keyboards wuth zero travel that break from dust. Fucking dust! Ahahahaha go back to your containment board >he thinks half assed POSIX compliance and a slow as fuck syscall translation layer for Bash strapped on top of an ugly mixture of DOS and VMS is a substitute for Linux and Unix
Wintoddler subhumans are so ignorant and delusional. Go back to your containment board.

I don't ever use my mac outside of IOS dev at work. Shit sucks, faggot.

The best teachers in terms of knowledge and skill at my skill use windows. All the new, shitty teachers use Mac.

Your skill probably doesn't matter, then.

School I mean

Point stands.

Because I cant play any games on a mac. Im a PC toddler

Attached: 1540807781309.png (971x546, 63K)

what community college do you go to?

Eastern European computer scientists > diversity hires and basedboys

Definitely not much of a computer scientist if they're using Windows. That is just consumer trash, not fit for software developers at all.

But apple computers are designer products, and Windows is for productivity. Are you living under a rock?

>Never compile fresh from source
>what is macports?
>clang
>never experimented with gnustep/aqua cross building
>uses bash not tcsh/zsh
>built in vim

It’s like you aren’t even trying

GNU/Linux exists. As does Unix. It isn't a dichotomy. Windows is only for productivity if that means punching numbers into a spreadsheet application.

>windows is for productivity
>cant run any programs of importance with viable stability
>optimised almost exclusively for video games and the toddlers who play them

I have not scene anyone running software on a Mac or Windows that doesn't run on the other.

my hardware doesn't support it and Macs are too pricey for their specs
I might consider making a custom macos pc with compatible hardware, but putting linux would be more reasonable to me

>windows
>optimized
it hogs resources a lot, what are you talking about?

Linux is a kernel.

when you're doing creative its enough that it should run. it has to be stable. no creative programs are stable on pc. im on a fucking pc right now because i fell for the meme and it cant run a single daw without burning out the cpu. meanwhile my macbook pro 15 inch that i dropped with way worse hardware could run any daw perfectly. never had an issue with it.

the irony is i bought this pic with the idea i would get more power for a cheaper price yet its done the exact opposite. now i have to buy a whole new fucking laptop just because i fell for the pc meme. this piece of shit pc is worth nothing as far im concerned. only little dude toddlers who play video games want pcs. they are fucking dog shit

dont fall for the pc meme

>buy a $600 brand new pc laptop 5 years ago
>works just fine for software engineering

Name a $600 Mac from 2013 that would work just as well.

the GNU website states that you can add any essential programs to 'GNU/Linux' like X11, systemd or whatever you want. i don't feel like giving credit to any of these and i'm free to name it 'linux' because it's the most essential part of the os. also it sounds a tad nicer and less complicated than 'gnoo plus linux'

install gentoo

mac is not a 'personal computer'? weird, whose is it then?

You can replace Linux with any other kernel with enough work.
PC has traditionally referred to IBM compatibles (DOS based machines) because of, naturally, the IBM PC. For some reason it has stuck, probably due in part to Apple's advertising. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's just the way it is.

i can do that with any other GNU component too, see Alpine and musl libc
i know that, it's just plain dumb to call anything other than a mac 'PC' and macs 'Mac'

fucking millenial enjoy getting throttled and utilising half the advertised power

really makes you think

Attached: ss.png (1303x503, 443K)

>i can do that with any other GNU component too
So why call it Linux? Why not use the name of the project when it began it 1984, GNU, rather than the name of the kernel from 1991?

Are we reaching a new era of accelspammer with all these Mac threads?

because Linux sounds better to my ear than 'gnoo plus linux', i've already written that. moreso, there are other huge projects running on my system aside from GNU like KDE, systemd and X11 - they deserve credit too! but if I'd call my system GNU/X11/systemd/KDE/linux or something like that - that'd be just plain stupid, so all or nothing i guess

GNU started the project, why not credit them? Everything else is just an addition to GNU.

they did, but they'd be nothing without Linux (as a kernel), X11 and multiple DEs
everything else might be an addition to GNU but I won't say that GNU runs the whole system anymore, GNU's percentage of overall code on a typical linux system decreases every year

>but they'd be nothing without Linux (as a kernel), X11 and multiple DEs
Hurd would have continued to be developed if not for Linux. You don't need X. GNOME is GNU.

Stop false flagging you niggers

Creating more of these fucking threads ain't gonna make it look like an advertising campaign to anyone that's not completely retarded

What's a computer?

>Hurd
fair point, but non-applicable since it's basically dead now
>X
wayland still doesn't work on NVidia so nah, I still need X
>GNOME is GNU
GNU has almost no power in the present GNOME project. hell, even the most popular free distro out there - Trisquel - doesn't use GNOME by default
i also doubt that you use a fully free distribution, you have no rights to advocate GNU if you don't accept GNU's philosophy

There are basement dwellers so deep down, so disconnected from life on the surface, so ignorant of the real world way, way above them, that they actually, for one second, are capable of believing such an illogical poppycock as this. Honestly user(s), I feel sorry for you.

I found the community college coder

>but non-applicable since it's basically dead now
Only because the GNU project adopted Linux. That is why Hurd development slowed so much.
>wayland still doesn't work on NVidia so nah, I still need X
Ok, but that isn't actually a need.
>GNU has almost no power in the present GNOME project. hell, even the most popular free distro out there - Trisquel - doesn't use GNOME by default
It's still a GNU project, like any other.
>i also doubt that you use a fully free distribution
Actually I do. Parabola. Though I may switch to GuixSD once it come a bit further along in development.

oh hey, very nice then
why do you use non-free software by using proprietary google recaptcha OR supporting non-free software by buying a Jow Forums Pass then?

The projection is utterly delicious.

>Buy a Mac
>Install boot camp after a short while because I need certain programs to work
>Windows 10 is actually faster than the latest MacOS
Don't boot up Mac anymore

No issue here.
stallman.org/to-Jow Forums.html

>Gentoo is a GNU/Linux distribution, but its developers don't recognize this; they call it "Gentoo Linux". That means they are treating ME and the GNU Project disresepectfully.
what a fucking prick

>windows 10 is faster than latest macOS
in what aspects? booting? that's normal since it'd probably have to start up from a filevault drive if you're on mac.

install gentoo

Filevault is turned off after a problem when booting up occured and apple just plain suggested I deactivated ion general performance
Although it does boot faster, I'm taking about anything really
Web browsing, office, games (even the ones that run natively and have metal 2)
I can't really compare anybody my work software because it doesn't run on mac

Doing this level of damage control

Attached: 19fucckinthreads.jpg (1672x5528, 3.18M)

>web browsing
Did you use Chrome?
>office
This one is obvious, Microsoft's Office for Mac sucks. Personally I prefer iWork.
>games
Yeah, macOS isn't great for games. I use a Windows To Go install on an external SSD for when I want to game on the go with my Mac.

>You ARE a programmer right?
I am, so I use Linux.

Firefox on both

>my code is worthless
For everything else, there's Visual Studio. Accepted all over the Internet.

>Less than 7 seconds in
>He cant form a coherent opening sentence
This man's opinion is worthless.

>what is cross compilation
clueless idiot