UNIRONICALLY what is this thing for?

UNIRONICALLY what is this thing for?

I forget it like every time I build a new PC and end up having to take the motherboard out to put it in.

Attached: 6ioshield.jpg (800x600, 109K)

It's an shield for the MB ports. Supposedly it removes EMI from the ports, although it's not much useful beyond that.

Its to draw blood and complete the ritual. It only thing that coaxes the demon inside of a processor to work.

>goes to plugin headphones
>misses and jumps two connections on the motherboard, frying your entire rig
nah who gives a shit those plates are useless

Honestly the last two builds I've done I forgot it until I got to a point where I just said fuck it. My main PC didn't have an IO shield for literally 4 years and the one I just built for my roommate doesn't either.

I did just get a new mobo with one already attached, which is fucking rad.

I don't think you have ever seen a mobo without an IO shield because all of the 9.5mm jacks are on a single plate and it is pretty much impossible to stick anything in the mobo if you are aiming for them. A USB device MAYBE

>Honestly the last two builds I've done I forgot it until I got to a point where I just said fuck it. My main PC didn't have an IO shield for literally 4 years and the one I just built for my roommate doesn't either.
Neither does my main Xeon machine (X5450), and I haven't noticed anything off.

it takes like 10 seconds to change it, who gives a shit

These things are literally weapons.
Possibly the sharpest weapon anyone could ever handle with their bare hands.

apparently it helps with airflow

Prevent your PC from some creature.

rub some veggies against it. people usually use it for cooking

lmao

Protect your mobo from attacks

>UNIRONICALLY what is this thing for?
Retard check. You fail it every time.

You think I can't hack through your I/O shield kiddo? Think again. I hope your McAfee subscription is up to date.

That is the motherboard brace

Attached: x1080-Bze.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

>forgetting I/O shield
Such a noobie mistake.

It connects the cables you stick into your mainboard to ground. It also protects the mainboard from retards like yourself.

>every power supply is gonna come with a big bag of cables
>swiss army knife that hopefully has a screwdriver
>static bracelet not connected to anything
>installs radiator without fans
>installs psu backwards
>installs ram incorrectly
>fucks up thermal paste
>spends $2000 on a $1,250 build
>can't cable manage whatsoever
and he STILL didn't forget the I/O shield

Ive cut myself deeply on the case since parts of it is sharp as a knife but not the port shield

>not putting your IO shield on
shit nigga what are you doing

Attached: macbook.jpg (2073x2701, 713K)

I can one up that. My case requires me to take out my mobo if I want to install a new SSD. Well I didn't want to do that when I bought a 250g boot drive so I jury rigged it to a stand and screwed the stand into one of the HDD ports sideways.

When I get some cash I'm gonna buy 2 1tb SSDs and do them the right way but I really cannot be assed to take my mobo out.
>le 9 screws
but
>le 10,000,000 cables
is more of my issue

How do you even forget this shit? Do you not notice something looks weird when putting your mobo in? Does your retard brain not have that moment where you contemplate why does the port area of your computer look much different than every other one you’ve used?

Never understood this shitpost meme.

>put mobo in
>plug shit in
>install cpu heatsink
>install gpu
>stand computer up
>notice you forgot the I/O shield
this is pretty much how it goes for me

Yeah well at least you noticed it immediately, I’m talking about retards who just leave their PCs without an I/O shield completely oblivious.

what shitty case do you have ? I need to make sure i never buy that

I noticed it, I just didn't fix it. They should make them so that you can just attach them from the back at the end or just include them on the mobo like many of the high end models are doing now

Fractal R2 iirc, I bought it in like 2014 though. It had something like 10 HDD bays and 5 SSD slots but the SSD slots are on the back of the PC, and the only way to screw them in is by taking the motherboard out and driving screws through other holes near the standoffs into the back panel where you cable manage.

It was like $100 too but I was new and didn't realize how bad it was that the SSD mounts were like that. Once I get 2-3 SSDs installed though I'll most likely never change them or add more unless they die.