Im a math major but i want to be a software engineer! :D do you guys like software engineering :D

im a math major but i want to be a software engineer! :D do you guys like software engineering :D

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Software engineering isn't real engineeeing, codemonkey

dilbert.com

That's a trap.

No, asians are just naturally ugly.

giv qt software gf

Attached: 27459266_10155498370459856_6954329068937711050_n.jpg (711x810, 72K)

tfw no software dev asian qt waifu

Attached: Asian GF.webm (960x712, 2.99M)

pls just end my life
How bad is the software industry in China and how long does it take to learn mandarin?

Nice quads.

>how long does it take to learn mandarin
If you're motivated you can learn any language in 6 months.

You don't actually want to talk about anything related to computers, you just want to stir shit up by posting a picture of a girl. Admit it faggot. If only the mods can see the blatant baiting for what it is.

fuck off tranny

/thread

>tfw no software dev asian qt waifu
why even live?

well? what are the reasons?

>well? what are the reasons?
because i cannot find a job haha. i want to make al ot of money

no :D

Don't mathematicians engineer software? Why do you want to be labeled "software engineer"? Are you just trolling? All maths is software nowadays. Where it was written out functions in books, it's now software code. What are you even asking? Are you even a mathematician? What do you mean "Software engineer"?

It's a nightmare.

I worked as software engineer during 2 years in college remotely for a large company. joined after graduating, but probably leaving soon for better offer. It's a pretty nice job. people who are high in creativity find it bland i think. but it's really nothing special. I've burnt most of my day today with business and IT planning.

fpbp

>All maths is software nowadays. Where it was written out functions in books, it's now software code
This is misinformed and highly incorrect, cslet

>tfw will never experience this
END ME NOW PLS AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

No it's not brainlet. Please read a book or something.

t.csfreshman
You obviously don't have a math degree faggot if you think that

I have a degree in Dunning Kruger you moron! What's your excuse?

math graduate here
go back to /sci/ and stay in academia
at least you can live cozy in your ivory tower
it's just mud and pitchforks down here

>I want to Software Engineer
No you fukken don't. The field is stupidly flooded. The tech churn with frameworks, AI, and other memeshit has become the ride that never ends. Working for a shit employer will suck the life out of you. The pay isn't even that great anymore due to said body spam.

Been at this for 10 years and I want out.

Attached: 1427760021350.jpg (1024x1024, 221K)

>How bad is
>China
Someone post that pic

kek you mean the one where user warns you to never learn mandarin because your company will make you deal with chinese people?

I double majored in applied mathematics and EE and I work as a PHP developer.
>my friends and brother ask why but thry don't understand that web dev has been a hobby of mine for a while

don't EEs get paid better unless you have big name clients?
even then I would consider it more stable in the long term
what do people mean by applied anyway
like, not necessarily discrete/operations but more towards applications of linear algebra or what

Attached: something happened.png (845x475, 158K)

Don't fucking do it. Just stick with math. CS is absolute garbage and you'll be doing janitorial-tier shit. Just stick with math... it's the best.

So true
A summer or two ago I interned with a bunch of software engineer students (I'm CE), they all pretty much treated it as code monkey + better pay.

>major in math
>become a programmer anyway because it's the only job I can get

Applied Math
>statistics/probability, differential equations, numerical modeling
>real-world use
>qts
"""Pure""" Mathematics
>proofs/theory
>chalkboard science
>autismal

pure math is the way to go if you are trying to go really far into education though I will concede to that. Applied math made the transition into programming (inb4 'web dev isnt real programming') very easy. EE pays more but there are more pajeets and you have to dress professionally or at least wear a button shirt. As a developer I can show up in track pants and sandals, which I do on most days.

Attached: 1534823566582.jpg (500x375, 62K)

>qts
shit you're right, the cutest white girls in math were in discrete courses
pure maths had some qt asians though, but obviously other faculties have those in droves

>EE has more pajeets
damn, had no idea considering programming is even cheaper for someone to get started with

>>qts
>shit you're right, the cutest white girls in math were in discrete courses
pure maths had some qt asians though, but obviously other faculties have those in droves

in my classes there are literally only chinese girls and i'd say about 85% of them dont say a word of english for the entirety of the class. They usually ask the prof/ta questions in chinese (since they are also chinese, shocker i know)

>you have to dress professionally or at least wear a button shirt
OH NOES

>I can show up in track pants and sandals
Congratulations?

Why did OP create so many shill threads about this chink?

Don't forget to sage too.

tfw no sobu noodles