Why is seemingly all non-commercial Japanese software closed-source and Wangblows-only?

Why is seemingly all non-commercial Japanese software closed-source and Wangblows-only?

Attached: 1515970240349.png (1024x768, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/mlterm/
github.com/Alliance-Network/Amoeba
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gooks often still use windows xp/vista. that's your answer.

Japan cannot into freedom

Japan is largely technologically illiterate

There's some examples of things that are open source
mlterm comes to mind
sourceforge.net/projects/mlterm/

Japan is a place of weird extremes
like very nice material culture and awful conformism

because for them purpose of os is erotic games

Someone post the screencap. You know. That screencap.

Attached: 1461642339259.png (1239x712, 173K)

anyone feel like translating the moonrunes in the second to last poat?

>Thinking Linux or any Unix has good support for Shift-JIS
WEW
E
W

Japan loves the notion of the corporation, and nothing is more corporate than Windows/Microsoft.

They have a meaning? I've always thought this stuff is decorative

Because only cucks give away their code for pink hairs telling them to respect their pronouns.

wagey faggot

Attached: guide-decker.gif (700x525, 841K)

Because Japan is a high-tech, rich country. They have no use for poorfag shit like FOSS.

Because they worship the rights of the author and hate the idea that anyone could do whatever they want with their code.

Same reason why jap artists will do stuff like freak out over westerners seeing their work and make their accounts private. It's some sort of OCD that we aren't equipped to understand

the reason why it's closed source is because they don't want people finding exploits.

>hate the idea that anyone could do whatever they want
Japan has a fucking massive fan made event and culture of creating things with others work. The real reason is they are technically illiterate and can barely screenshot things properly.

Could you imagine the shame if they had to submit to a code review? You'd have mass suicides.

Attached: 1539563440619.jpg (1232x1226, 374K)

What about Sylpheed?

Attached: Boomer_Banjo.png (800x500, 816K)

GPL3 sounds perfect for them

>shift-jis
>not Unicode

w3m

You cant just throw away legacy. Thats half the reason microsoft is still alive.

because Japanese aren't cucks who like to work for free

Computer on japan are for freaks even PC gamer market is very tiny over consoles nintendo or sony, make most software begins for hobbis artist.

Open Source from japaneses mostly begin university students on international/research projects.

>2018
>perfect dark
XDDDDDDDDDD

They're getting better at it. In fact, there are many JP developed or major contributed FLOSS projects. However, they're still kinda "getting" computers overall as general purpose boxes. Remember despite all their games, they didn't support equal releases on PC and their consoles until the West showed them it was a better idea more or less.

As others have said, they have somewhat shitty, conformist, IP culture. Where the artists aren't really respected, but corporations own fucking everything. So even if some developer thinks he'd like to make something open to the world, he ';s been trained to think its really not his choice and at best its everyone in the department/club/company or more likely his superior's choice...which is then their superior's choice etc... up to the old farts who make it to their positions pretty much by seniority more than anything else and are highly regimented and conservative. As others have said, they used to use relatively few, low powered by comparison Windows machines etc... for browsing and eroge.

Thankfully this is changing however, but its still pretty entrenched.

japs are tech illiterates who can't into piracy. good thing chinks exist.

The Japanese aren't creators, they're followers. This has been true for their entire modern history. They follow the market leader and copy it, make it better than original by refining the original concept, but at the end they haven't made actually anything new.

From music, art, cars, technology, etc etc, it all follows the same pattern.

Open source is incompatible with daoism.
>"Let your workings remain a mystery. Just show people the results."

like at least three of the vim plugins i use are made by japanese people

the repos are on github

the retards doing race science and cultural comparisons in this thread are the least qualified to comment on this topic

github.com/Alliance-Network/Amoeba
They tried

ooga booga where the s󠀀oyboy chink toy at

>gooks

Elevens don't care about freedoms, only editor games

Creator of Ruby is Japanese. Many such cases.

A friend of mine who works in game development in Japan, says that most Japanese can't into english and most documentation in Japanese is written for Windows by MS or other software corporations, they usually know very few programming languages and systems because of this. Don't know if this is the whole truth, but it's a big part of it apparently.

You can say this is true of every country and every idea, it even happens in front of our eyes every year with tech companies reiterating their smartphone every year. No person, country , or company has an original idea that hasn't been done before

The japanese really love bending over for big corporations
They also hate any sort of freedom
Literally not a single libre project has been made or has had in its team a nip, other than a westernized university one.

Because they prioritize getting shit done and privacy over open sores and fake operating systems

Have you ever been to the Japanese internet?

This
Shougo is based

And that's why MS gets fucked every time they update their OS and apps break or get exploited.
Too many legacy code and security bugs left inside for "muh backwards compatibility" bullshit.
If they just dropped compatibility just like Apple did with OS9->OSX nothing of this would happened

Technology means more than just ricing your Linux and circle-jerking over open source code that you don't even know how to make use of.

Artists have strong rights in Japan, and people continuously bring up and exaggerate the conformity of Japan as a way of reassuring themselves that their own culture is not conformist at all.

>The Japanese aren't creators, they're followers.
Then explain their media industries (anime, manga, games etc.). Explain doujin culture. Explain why Westerners are constantly shocked and outraged and puzzled by Japanese media.

>The japanese really love bending over for big corporations
Good thing Americans would never bend over for Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Twitter and Microsoft.

The stories people tell each other about Japan are just a way of denying their own problems.

What software is this?

Filesharing.

Japan is very concerned with productivity, so wasting time on Jewish operating systems such as Linux is not an option.

based jap lover

> The Japanese aren't creators, they're followers

Look at all the anime they made, entire worlds with unique stories. They make the vast majority of the worlds video games. They're rated as one of the highest innovative countries. They have the most bizzare commercials in the world. They invented hentai. The world was taken over for a brief moment based on pokemon go, Jow Forums and a huge part of internet culture was influenced by Japan.

What other country has done that bro?

Attached: srsly hope.jpg (200x200, 12K)

2/10 fuckk off weeb

Except he's right.

Baby steps, user. They already had to sacrifice the still-beating hearts of their families to the mountain and river gods to be some of the few Japanese who can code. They still have to journey the world(island) until they find a master to apprentice under, and years after that, might be ready to share their skills with the everyone else.

Because free software is an SJW bullshit that mainly affects the west only.

Attached: free software botnet.png (715x499, 53K)

no one uses that shit chinese trash
at least, no one that matters

if I'm going to use proprietary shit, I might as well just use real MS Office instead

partial
ただいまJow Forumsのテクノ_ヅ

wait i use WPS office should i be worried

I use free software almost exclusively but a few days ago I realized that foss is indeed a scam. Just think about that for a moment, why would I allow everybody to modify, resell my software which I put effort in? Why would I allow big companies to use my software for free?

>"Deepin doesn't have its Source Code available"

You're looking for word "weeb"

I said or implied nothing to suggest I'm a weeb.

You know too much. No other word can describe you better.

Knowing "too much" about Japan doesn't make someone a weeb.

Saw thread,
Came to post this

Are you Japanese?

Unless you're Japanese there's no other reason to know this much about Japan. Weeb.

It's used to make smiley faces on old school forums and ASCII art.
Deprecated, however. Replaced by memes and emoticons.

That's illogical, and you don't know what weeb means. Just like nobody else on Jow Forums does (besides me and maybe one or two other people).

Why did the pedo advertisement get deleted, and so quickly? We had a thread up for literally 2-3 days here that was openly for pedos. The moderation on Jow Forums makes no fucking sense.

Shut up, weeb.

I get called a weeb a hundred times a day, yet not a single person has ever proven I am one. So why do you keep bothering? You cannot win, no matter how many times you do this. You don't even know what a weeb is.

>numerous of people calls him weeb every day
>it must be they at wrong, not me

Attached: 1541202973957.jpg (798x770, 195K)

google image translate says:
I'm back from the technology board of Jow Forums now I'm sorry about the vandalism that made it so much trouble Sorry, I'm sorry It seems that I want to interact with Mr. Nanashi of this site anyhow. If there is any comment or good story, I will tell it to you so please.

If you are so sure that you're all correct, then why can't you prove it? It's rare that you even try. 99% of the time you just keep spamming weeb weeb weeb, and that's it.

weeb desu

Prove it.

at least upgrade your argumentation from "prove it" to "I know you are but what am I", weebtron

Prove that I'm a weeb. Go on. What's the problem? You're so sure I am one, so you must have reasons.

>parrots "weeb" over and over
>frogposter
This checks out.

nobody who isn't a weeb would ever get into an extended pointless argument about it
QED

Its a system that works out for them so they keep it that way.
Nothing intrinsically wrong with having closed source software

I am only getting into arguments about it because you people keep hounding me and constantly calling me a weeb. So how am I a weeb? Where is your evidence?

>nobody who isn't a weeb would ever get into an extended pointless argument about it
Okay, so he's a weeb. What does this make you though?

>go on anime based imageboard
>'wtf why are there so many weebs'
>'maybe if i post this frog meme they'll go away'

It's always funny when they think this actually works. It's even funnier when you find out they're actually just pic related.

Attached: 1530817545620.png (500x394, 194K)

The important point for OS is EROTIC Games. We don't care about Freedom.

>people keep hounding me and constantly calling me a weeb
how do you even get into a situation like this as a non-weeb?
I dunno, I only joined in a couple posts ago cause weebanon seemed triggered

>it was someone else!
Doubtful, Ironicweeb-kun.

Where's your proof that I'm a weeb? It's a simple question.

Yeah thats right because ms doesn't has any exploits

Attached: 1539255246679.png (1080x1071, 1.65M)

>implying I'm only a weeb ironically
believe what you like I guess
all the proof you need is in your heart

There are some. Sylpheed, the FOSS email client Claws Mail was forked from, was written by a Japanese guy. I use it, it's quite comfy.
Although I agree that Japan in general doesn't seem to care much about FOSS.

It just occured no me, but you can't spell RMS without MS.

he's not fuck off weeb

Where's your proof? Answer the question.

weeb weeb weeb

>believe what you like I guess
Oh, so you're just a weeb then? No irony about it? Well, that's good. At least you're honest about who you are. A lot of people can't say the same.

Attached: 1528014181273.png (663x655, 536K)

He is right. Prove that I'm a weeb.

Prove that I'm a weeb.

Not that user, but for some reason you try to hard to not be called weeb.
Sounds very weeb-like behavior.
Trust me, I'm psychologist. And I identify weebs on daily basis.