Serious question:

Serious question:
What's more efficient, microwaving two things together or microwaving two things separately?

Attached: microwave-your-artichoke-slash-cooking-time.w1456.jpg (800x560, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nqTDCkuVADw?t=143
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one microwave. half the power consumption of two microwaves.

Attached: w3eum9x2kxez.jpg (939x1163, 278K)

No, because since you have to microwave two things you need twice the microwaves.

Try it.. microwave a cup of water for 1 minute and microwave 2 cups of water for 1 minute, you will notice the 2 cups are not as hot as 1 single cup

are you talking about efficiency in terms of time or power you are using, or (You)'s you get from making shitty threads?

The majority of the waves is missing the target anyways, so you should maximize packing density. Also it's not like the entirety of the energy within the waves will be picked up by a single food item, so you may as well have another one in there to pick up what's left.

Microwave two things together is what I assume to be better just on face value.

>actual protip: Never put things in the middle of the platform, always put them as far to the side as possible, so you avoid the food standing in the valley of a standing wave and also heat it more uniformly.
That's assuming your rotating platform works, of course.

Actually serious
Thanks, but then, why microwaving two things takes longer? I assume the few hitting waves have to hit twice more

>put tray of bagel bites in microwave
>center one always hard as a rock, surrounding fine
>tyson chicken tendies
>same shit, started to make a ring of tendies along the plate instead

Because with every additional atom a wave hits and excites, the wave becomes a little weaker, so more means it takes longer. Doesn't mean twice the mass takes twice as long.

Use a stove.

that really depends on how much you try to heat up at once. if you try to put as much food on the rotating plate as possible, then using two microwaves will almost certainly be faster

What'll really nuke your noodle is when you find out that most microwaves work fine if you enter 99 seconds or less directly.

Don't confuse people unless you're fishing for retards

What's actually happening is that you put the plate in the middle of the rotating platform and the center one isn't moved in and out of the literal cold- and hotspots of the waves, but instead stays in a coldspot.

Pic related is what happens inside your microwave and if your food happens to stand at the red dots, it's not getting heated. Now this is also true for three dimensions. The farther the distance your food travels is, the more evenly it is getting warmed up. That's why I recommended putting your food off center earlier.

Here electroBOOM guy put a cardboard into a microwave without the rotating plate and looks at it through a thermal camera to visualize the hot and coldspots. Pic related, also here: youtu.be/nqTDCkuVADw?t=143

Attached: heat.png (785x441, 310K)

Woops, the second paragraph only makes sense with this pic related.

Attached: giphy.gif (750x250, 292K)

I believe is a serious question and the problem is working with range 0:59 or 0:60, but who knows

literally seconds % 60, seconds // 60

only reason for confusion is because you can type in 60-99 in the seconds part in a microwave, at least my microwave works like that. so 5:99 would be 5min&99 secs not 599 seconds

LET'S FIND OUT!

Attached: 1510263048124.png (1052x637, 529K)

speaking of microwaves, why does every recycler charge to take them?

i bet you can't fizzbuzz, either