Newegg has sapphire reference 64's for $430... i bought one... did i fuck up getting a reference card...

newegg has sapphire reference 64's for $430... i bought one... did i fuck up getting a reference card? even for the price of a 1070 / vega 56?

also i hate how newegg does the bundle of the "free games." you i noticed looking at the invoice I PAID FOR IT and also paid tax for it. they "took" $119 off but i still got charged $10 in tax for it -_-

Attached: Capture1.jpg (1013x698, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150767
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kek anyway blower cards are bad and vega is a HUGE heater so i wouldnt recommend.

true this OP, but just undervolt it and you'll be fine, there's lots of tutorials on that on youtube

even in balance mode? i see vega has two power profiles. quiet and normal. and both of those bioses have three power profiles in the control panel.. power mode, balance, and performance. if i keep it in balance will it be a monster heater?

i'm coming from a rx 480.

Went from RX 480 to GTX 1070 at some point i considered the Vega 64 but most games are Nvidia Optimized and i hate my games that are Nvidia stutters with AMD.

i've never had stutter issue and most of my games are goyim works. my 480 has been terrific.

I guess they fixed eventually, i had my 480 nitro + since they launched, and Just Cause 3 and Far Cry 4 frame times were terrible, sold it when they inflated in price and got a Strix 1070, never looked bad and all my games even AMD biased run like a dream.

>AMD
>Blower
>.$430

Just return it and join the crowd. 1070ti B-stock for $300

sorry but nvidia is for children

Then why are most people who do scientific computing using nvidia graphics cards? I mean there are no significant, useful scientific computing packages for AMD which is aimed at gaymurrs.

they're brainwashed man children and psyco women

I don't know how the vega cards are with blower coolers but friend gave me an r9 290x blower cooler since my gtx 670 died. It runs hot with stock fan settings (92-94c under load) and i have to run fan at 50-60% to keep it at low 80s under load, at which point it sounds like a hair dryer. Runs well but hot and loud. Without good sound deadening headphones I wouldn't recommend the cooler type for AMD. My 670 was a blower but worlds cooler, 62 under full load at 60% fan and a good bit quieter.

Good buy. Make sure to undervolt it tho. In my country it cost almost 800$.

It's fine if you water cool it

from googling amd uses the same cooler nvidia uses on their founders edition cards with vega. vapor chambers with a quiet double ball bearing blower fan. toms says it maxes out at 5000rpm. they actually talk about it compared to the 290 series and the 290 series maxed out at 10000rpm. they also stated amd targets 40% fan speed for max. so vega reference coolers will operate around 2000rpm mark.

so amd has made long strides with its reference card. either way i think op should be more concered at how well the cooler will operate on vega 64 as vega 64 with default bios and power profile will chomp down up to 280 watts of power. a card like the vega 56 the cooler is more than adequate. you will be more power limited than cooler. but the 64 really will bring it to the limit. from seeing reviews the cooler will keep the card within spec, but it will throttle, a lot. ambiet temperature will mater a lot. tom maintained around 1500mhz but the fan ran consitently at 2000rpm range and a few occasions spiked 50%. at those speeds you can hear it outside the case. compared to the 290 its night and day but if you want absolute silence yeah its not great. and that was toms chiling in a low ambient room. god help those living in phoenix az.

>t. gaymurr

>t. manlet

not gonna water. hate water. i just want to know i won't run into thermal issues using it in default, stock settings. like the 290/290x did. man those cards where awful with its cooler.

Undervolt it and run the fan at 100% then

>retard /v/ kid resorts to random insults that have nothing to do with the quality of the card
Next time don't bother posting your shitty purchases as a coping mechanism.

100% fan speed really or troll? and undervolting? i don't want to mess with the card at all. i just want a set it and forget it like my rx 480 has been.

>complains about insults when he first started the insults
>t. cuck-a-doo-a-doo

>insults
>when he's actually buying a GPU for gayman
fucking kek

> did i fuck up
AFAIK overclocked Vega 56 isn't worse.

Then why didn't you buy one with a good cooler?

>Fell for the HBM hype
Pajeets won another against the gaymen

I went from a strix 480 to a strix 1070ti and I'm very pleased. The 480 is now in my gf's rig and I'm using the 1070ti for 1440p 144hz gaming.

At least I actually had sex with a woman. Can you say the same /v/irgin?

And I've had sex with two. And you're still a retarded manchild.

Your waifu and hand don't count manlet.

Neither does yours.

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE
This pretty much describes my experience with this
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150767
Noise aside i'd rather stick with AyyMD GPUs, because of nvidia's stutters and shitty drivers causing latency and cpu usage spikes

power profiles don't do much, they let you choose between a heater and industrial heater. The problem is Vega draws so much power and makes so much heat, and that's the result of AMD panicking because they couldn't compete with nvidia at the time and they chose to overclock/overvolt their gpus in the factory, and the envelope is catastrophic

Just undervolt it manually

it's unfortunate but yeah, you fucked up, but not by a lot.

The card is fine, it's good and dandy, its the cooling that blows (get it?) you can just undervolt, maybe scale back clock by 100mhz or something and it'll run without being obnoxious sound or stuttering as it hits thermal max and needs to downclock to 300mhz for 5 seconds while the useless cooling system kicks in.

you'll probably want to drop like 80$ on an aftermarket heat-sink when you're ready to push it's limits. this card draws up to 300W.

oh god not this. HOW DO THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS