I thought nanobots were the next big thing is tech. Whatever happened to that?

I thought nanobots were the next big thing is tech. Whatever happened to that?

Attached: nanobots.jpg (1600x900, 76K)

too evil

Power to make them work,design and programming too hard

That's a simple solve. Just give them the chemical mechanisms necessary to convert their environment into power. That way they'd be able to fuel themselves while solving the really important problems in our body with negligible side effects. I see nothing that could go wrong with this.

>implying they aren't in the water supply already
also
>headlights

Yeah, there's no light in the body so they need to see somehow

but where are their eyes

It's so the blood cells and stuff can see them

Turns out we're already full of martian nanites and they don't like it when we try to add our own

if you had enough nanobots with lights could you make your body glow

What was the last "big thing in tech?"

Turns out manipulating DNA is easier and does the same thing.

Probably not but I bet they would increase the temperature which would cause issues

Turns out that cellular biology was nanobots all along

Nanotechnology is a big thing but it's application has been a lot more mundane than nanobot swarms. MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) are used in compass sensors, tiny laser projectors, accelerometers, printers, blood analysis equipment, etc. There's several of them in most smartphones.

We can barely get toaster sized robots to intelligently work together in teams so nanobots aren't exactly feasible at this point.

Attached: MEMS-with-rotary-bearing-surfaces-and-interlocking-gears-Sandia-National-Laboratories.png (454x354, 89K)

Too soon, check back in 20 years.

my vision is augmented

not enough billion-dollar shitheads are interested in it

Programming language that complies to DNA when?

Sorry, the West is too busy engaging in identity politics, worrying about people's feefees, censoring the Internet and importing sub-80 IQ shitskins by the millions to care about scientific advancement right now.

Nanotech engineer here: too early. There's plenty of nanotech around, but we'll need a few more decades before nanobots can boom. Even when they do, they won't be like what you see in Hollywood movies.

Grey Goo.

We aren't at that level yet. Unlike the singularity freaks think real advancement requires time and step by step development.

this desu. We are too busy being cucks to have shit like this. Maybe in a generation or two an ethnically pure country like china or japan will have it

>nanobots
>size in nanometers
>you can put like 50 atoms of silicone into a square nm
We can't even make a transistor of that size, let alone a programmable machine that can affect it's enviroment with ways to communicate with surrounding cells or the master unit.