Face Recognition_state of

so are we being identified everywhere or not? The british police allegedly needed six whole month to match two russians who took a fucking direct flight from Moscow to London, arriving two days before the event and leaving one day after. They were specificly looking for russians, thus limiting the size of data immensly. Britain has thousands of cameras everywhere. The restaurant where the Skripals ate has 12 cameras, the town has hundreds.
Wouldn't even a stupid facebook algorithm have matched the two russians within a minute of access to camera data? Six month, hundreds of investigators... is face recognition overhyped?

Attached: Face recognition.jpg (1200x630, 141K)

They needed the time to falsify their information

I could not find any reliable information on this anywhere, just ramblings or very generic statements. Does anyone have a link to serious information about face recognition in public space?

Depends, nobody can deny that facebook, snapchat and the like already collected pretty much everybody's face and can match it easily, airports with actual tight security will bust anybody within minutes at most, it's just that not all places are well equipped and not all police have access to everything available.

>They needed the time to falsify their information
> falsify
did you mean veriffy? I don't quite follow.

Are you retarded? Do you actually think they were looking for them for six months? The whole thing is a political mind game where you have an ace and just wait to use it

>it's just that not all places are well equipped and not all police have access to everything available.
you mean the police had no access to all airport and immigration cameras? Not to the train station cameras? Not to the city's cameras? You mean somebody would deny police and MI6 access? That sounds dubious to me.

They probably knew after a few days. But they had to put together a complete timeline, gather footage from all over the place, figure out who they were, make sure no mistakes were made, let all the agencies censor what they don't want known, THEN finally release the info publically.

>The whole thing is a political mind game
You are saying MI6 knew all along about the two russians and information is just being released at opportune moments? Could very well be. But there are hundreds of police investigators who would know about these tactical games. Would not someone blow the whistle eventually?

He's implying they werent criminals and needed time to make some fake charges.

>But they had to put together a complete timeline
Well they did not do a good job on that. Actually they shot themselves in the foot. According to official timeline the two russians arrived at 11:48 and the Skripals had left their house at 9:15. So no door knobbing was possible. The two russians could not know where the Skripals went, so no further contact was possible (unless they actually had an appointment with them).
So your claim they worked for six month on the timeline sounds unlikely to me. Because the police now has to prove an impossibility.

>Would not someone blow the whistle eventually?
Like Snowden? Or Assange?

You have to get a warrant for the information and if a private company owns it, they have to find the footage, decide wether it's okay to release it, and fill out a mountain of paperwork. It's not simple.

>leaving the EU
>go through automated passport control
>reader tries for good 5 minutes
>fails
>officer comes up to me and asks me to take off my glasses
>software red flagged me because it could not match my face to one in my passport
>I literally got a new passport the day before
>wasn't wearing glasses

>Like Snowden? Or Assange?
You are saying they all shut their mouth out of fear? They are all afraid for their career, their reputation? Their freedom?
I don't know, information usually gets out one way or the other...

Not every place has good security cameras and they're not magically connected to the same place, getting video records from a restaurant can take some time on its own, that is if they make backups at all, also monitoring the whole grid of the city highly depends on its resources, most of the time they're just having people look into cameras and follow things manually which takes a huge amount of time.
They're just being cheap and are cutting costs down, mixed with impotence and ignorance.

I never said the timeline we got is the actual one they put together. In fact I'm sure it's full of shit.

Considering my face gets "recognized" like once in 100 times i think there is something with slav faces. Probably programs dont even see us as humans so they just ignore us.

>not magically connected
no, but the area and the timeframe in question are both small. It would not take more than a day to collect all the stored files and ingest them into the system. And then matching it with the immigration data, which I assume already is automatically in the system. Two days the most if you include private cameras.
Don't forget this is a huge operation.

Face detection works EXTREMELY well from photos like OP - facing head on, well lit etc.

Well most CCTV pics are nothing but.

t. worked in security, developing gait detection to match people walking from CCTV feeds

so you are saying, they probably matched them manually not by algorithm?
When we walk through the city the cameras are not able to match us with our ID fotos even if they are connected to a database? Because in the media it often sounds as if that were indeed the case.