Why do stores never have any programs on their PCs?

Each time i go to an electronic store like Best Buy or Microcenter, They will literally have at least a dozen of gaming PCs with RGB shit and their water cooled GPUs. But not a single one of them Will have a single program you can try out to test the PC. No games, no rendering software. Nothing. Just a fucking link a web page on how to buy the PC or something. Why do stores do this shit?

Attached: 102213-futureshop-microsoft-swas.jpg (1024x577, 307K)

Retail is getting assraped by online shopping for a reason.

Why would they want you to figure out what's the best bang for your buck? They want you to just buy it right then and there.

>>>/sqt/

Maybe it's to prevent greasy-fingered customers from hogging the display items.

These Gaming PC makers like MSI or ibuypower can have the demo PC pre-installed with stuff though

Worse are piano/organ sellers that wont let you play before you buy.

My electronics store has a pc "gayming" section with mech keyboards and all that stuff. Obviously there are always little kids around there.
But they also have some of these 21:9 gaming monitors there on display, with disco lighting gaming pcs and everything.
Maybe I should bring a usb drive with Doom 2, Quake or something with me and play it there, just to piss them off.

>go into piano store
>press one key
>"ding"
>store owner storms to you
>"You gotta buy that know buddy!"

Back in the day I used to go in and play SC2K for hours

I've tried that before, virtually of them require like Visual C++ installed which need admin rights.
besides who wants to risk getting kicked out for that or have some store worker constantly orbit you?

We have a non chain computer store, that specializes in ordered builds, but do sell both their own pre-configured and some pre-built. All of them can be tested with loads of steam games for 5 minutes. It's build on a linux system, they designed themself, it apparently closing any application that is run after five minutes, beside steam. And has the active user account completely shut out of anything else, but you can ask them to do other stuff, and they might boot that on a USB i've seen.

cool guys, they have a significant succes.

you really expect minimum wage employees to care?

I don't knkw where you live, but at my local Fry's, you can play everything from Doom 2016 to Skyrim or test out Premiere Pro.

This is pretty much right. Most people who think about buying prebuilt pc at their local best buy are children or adults who know little to nothing about pcs and only care to play the FOTM video gayme out right now so companies know they can easily get money from dumb consumers who dont research.

How difficult would it be to wake into target/best buy and set all the laptops to mine shitcoins?

no internet connection?

Also, laptops suck for mining. Maybe you get $5 a year.

most of them have locked down privileges, so you can't run apps outside of what's installed already.

Maybe not best buy but back then when Tiger Direct was a thing they had a rig with 3 monitors running BF3 multiplayer when it launched so that is not always the case. Then again retail is dead.

Wow literally every post is wrong

At least for best buy, Microsoft pays for every single thing on that showfloor and requires anything on display to run their demo software. Works like a snapshot so retards like you can't fuck up the PC. Also best buy is an assisted sales environment, the point is for the employees to know what to suggest (which is never the case, bunch of dumb niggers run the store now) but that's the idea. Why the fuck are you too dumb to do your own research then complain when best buy tries to coddle your peabrain?

t. Worked at best buy when I was 17

the only people who care about computer use beyond checking email and reading listicles dont care about 3d rendering power and the people who do are smart enough to interpret benchmarks anyway

Really lmao?

Best buy is full of morons, that's why.
Why exactly are their computers placed down at the height of a 5 year old with little placards that give the most basic specs written in font size 8?
Because, morons.
People who run companies this bad deserve to be put in prison.

I was at Sam's Club not too long ago and saw a kid playing Fortnite.

I knew I couldn't be the only one see these dumb kids try so hard to play Fortnite. I went down to my local BJ's seeing some kid trying to download fortnite. Same thing at a Jamaican resort I went to when a family member was having wedding. Luckily most of these places require a admin password so dumb kids don't download dumb shit

>that laptop in the left corner

Attached: we need to go wider.jpg (10000x231, 148K)