I love this mouse, but it's starting to die and needs a replacement...

I love this mouse, but it's starting to die and needs a replacement. Do you have any suggestions for a similarly shaped mouse with onboard memory?

I like it short and wide, and definitely not long. I'd buy the same mouse (for the third time) but I don't think they make them anymore.

Attached: g9x.jpg (1500x736, 97K)

trump

you can get replacement cords on eBay or amazon. I got like half a dozen just in case.

The main problem is with mouse1. It's starting to double click. Also the wheel doesn't work (but I can probably fix that I bought new feet for it)

havn't had that problem. you might be able to fix it by cleaning it out real well, squirt alcohol through the button and blast it with duster and let it dry for a few hours.

I haven't seen any mice in the last couple of years with decent build quality and high DPI sensor from logitech. Everyone has basically been starting to jsut sell rebadged china whatever and marking it up 10,000% to make you think you might get something nice by paying more.

I knew this mouse was ahead of it's time the first time I used my friend's

>tfw short, wide hands
>tfw always had trouble with normal mice
>tfw forced to claw grip most of the time or drag fingers on the mousepad
>see this
Where can I get this mouse???

Attached: 2eb79c6f785b73f5eb45ca3f44305115402103ddb185ecb4f3ff557104334175.jpg (600x450, 32K)

claw grip is the only grip

but it hurts after hours of doing it, user

exercise only makes you stronger

I know that feel, my G9 started to do the dreaded double click and had to replace it, G502 is comparable replacement but this feels like it has doupleclick/misclick problem also, though otherwise it's been really good. So half recommend for G502 for G9 replacement.

I really don't want to have carpal tunnel or permanent witch hands before 30, just tell me where this mouse can be found

Attached: 1400962821902.png (1131x1154, 596K)

It only wears out your hand muslces, pinky and thumb. carpal comes from your wrist, so really you are avoiding carpal tunnel

Why was Logitech making so many based mice 10 years ago?

I think my buddy has that one. Nice feel but I don't like the length.

you can fix the double clicking by opening the switch and tensioning the metal blade inside, look for tutorials on YouTube

Buy new switches and solder them on. I've replaced the wheel, shell, and feet multiple times.

There is no real successor.

Fingertip, you spaz.

Attached: 03070001.jpg (5472x3648, 1.37M)

I will do that.

can you link me please??

It is too long and doesn't have that comfy wide ass like G9 has, adjustable weight also doesn't give the same balance and heft as G9.

idgaf about weights. i always take them out

I understand, but I have a strong arm/wrist so I need a bit more weight ;)

marketing, i guess. make amazing mice so everyone earns their trust and then start producing shit.

Man I climbed for years and years and have permanently large forearms because of it. I still claw grip.

So does anybody have some comparable suggestion?

That doesn't work for long in my experience. You should just replace the switch, it's cheap and work is comparable or less than fiddling with a broken switch.

Can you link me to instructions?

Should I?

Attached: Logitech-MX518-Legendary-2.jpg (980x730, 37K)

re-hash of an already great mouse

Well, no. You open the mouse, find the switch, desolder it, and solder the new switch in place (just don't mess up the direction, it should be marked). If you need soldering 101 you can surely find it yourself. If you want instructions how to disassemble the mouse, it might be actually difficult to find one but it should be pretty straightforward.

Do you need? Do you want?

Yet you still can't handle a hefty mouse, sad.

Where do I find the switch tho? What's it called on ebay?

why would I? its kind of the purpose of any mouse to be able to move. why make that more difficult?

No. Yes. I only had the shittier G7 a decade ago, so I don't really know what to expect.

Guess what, you could find them by searching for "mouse switches". The ones you want are Omron (these are the most commonly used and the difference is just in quality, they aren't special otherwise). Heck user, will you be able to live on your own?

No, actually i need a wife to constantly berate me to do things.

Can't speak for that MX518 re-hash, but similar G400 is simply a solid mouse. Werks until switches break, you replace them and it werks further. The shape fits most people, the sensor is good. That's about it. I suggest you go somewhere you can touch it (or buy online with return option) and see if you like the shape because that's what it boils down to.