I'm really tired of buying a cartridge with $1 of ink for more than $40. I'm fucking tired of Jewish printers

I'm really tired of buying a cartridge with $1 of ink for more than $40. I'm fucking tired of Jewish printers.

An HP update even broke the compatibility with third-party cartridges. Instead of a printer, this is a cage.

Has any of you bought a dot matrix printer? I have heard that they are more free, and cheaper in the long run, if you can tolerate their noise.

Would a dot matrix printer be usable in 2018?

Attached: 71L71EnqKVL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1271, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pG8RAbWs1yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Has any of you bought a dot matrix printer?
Yes
>I have heard that they are more free, and cheaper in the long run, if you can tolerate their noise.
True and true. You can use a sound dampener or put it in a different room with wires running through walls if the noise bothers you.
>Would a dot matrix printer be usable in 2018?
Yes, and for the foreseeable future.

where do you get a color one?

Aren't there any cheap chink printers you can buy? With some sort of open standard for ink cartridges. Would be cool to be able to buy ink dirt cheap from china. I'd be surprised if chinks weren't trying to get into that market either.

Can't help you there, I only use b&w. Maybe look on ebay?

the printers are always cheap
its the ink they rape you with. and some have a built in self destruct

Get a laser jet.

Just buy a 2nd hand office laser printer.
I bought one with duplexer, scanner (both flatbed and feed), two paper trays and 2 spare cartridges for 50 euro's.
You can probably get one for free if you ask around.

Buy continous ink system
Or reset chips on old cartridges and fill them up with new ink you bought online and a syringe

Also if printer keeps giving shit like fucked up memory issues or glitches just factory reset the firmware

Dum dum

Do yourself a favor, get a color laser printer. They are built like tanks, designed to be serviced for years over hundreds of thousands of pages. If you want to be cheap there's plenty of office surplus to go around.

The toner may look expensive, but they yield thousands of pages, and it also doesn't dry out like ink cartridges do. Also the drum/fuser are less likely to get damaged than a printhead.

I have a fondness for BROTHER printers, but HP LaserJets are easy to come by, and I've had reasonably good luck with Dell printers (though their parts seem expensive.)

The problem with color laser is you need 4 toners.
Together they cost a lot even if you buy a cheaper 3rd party brand.

The "demo" toners that come with the printer will be nearly empty, you are always required to buy a set even if the real toners will last you decades.

>I'm really tired of buying a cartridge with $1 of ink for more than $40.
More like $0.01 of ink.

yeah, except the toners are so expensive you might as well buy a new printer when they run out

youtube.com/watch?v=pG8RAbWs1yo

Use thermal printers instead.

This but Brother

I got an 12 yrs old Samsung laser printer (black / white). Have replaced the cartridge a few times but the printer (cost: some $90) is fine.

You don't need a fucking color printer. The colors get smudged if someone openes the letter and b/w is totally sufficient.

>It's an ML-1610, btw.

What do the Jews have to do with this?

Buy a cheap printer and mod it to work with an ink tank (CIS). Those kits are fairly cheap on AliExpress.

Get a laser printer.
Brother HL-1202 (dunno how it is called in other countries) is pretty bullet-proof machine, that wasn't changed since early 2000's. Toner and drum are separate units. I found it in the dumpster with ripped power cable, soldered it back in.
Also I have Brother inkjet, pretty good DRM-free machine. You can refill cartridges and printer will detect actual level of ink. Same goes for their laser/led printers.
My parents Samsung SCX-4200, pretty decent printer, but as far as I know they sold their printer business to HP, so you can't get based printers.

Anyway, Brother is based Japanese company, Toyota of printers, they just work.

found the jew shill who's about to deny he's a jew shill

>The "demo" toners that come with the printer will be nearly empty, you are always required to buy a set even if the real toners will last you decades.
They are not empty, they still can print decent number of pages.
But they are more difficult to refill usually.

>You can refill cartridges and printer will detect actual level of ink. Same goes for their laser/led printers.
But I have to warn you, chink ink might clog print head, and print head is expensive, and you can't get used. So I buy new cartridges, they last quite long, not like HP 50 page meme.
On laser printer it is not a big deal, chink powder will not ruin anything.

Whether or not I'm a Jew is irrelevant. What do Jews have to do with the OP?

OP is an idiot and thinks the nazi scapegoat is at fault when really it's capitalism.

Buying used printer from office is a sketchy deal, they usually beat the fuck out of them. They sell it just because it is going to fail soon.
Getting one for free is oy-wei deal, extremely kosher.

Wonder, if it is possible to reverse-engineer HP $15 printer, and make it work forever? Mechanically they are pretty good, but electronically - fuck DRM

More like $0 of ink, considering that it is basically a water, and it has milligrams of it.

Absolutely based

This. Bought a HL-3140CW two years ago for uni. Still have 3/4 of the demo toner left after printing ~400 pages. Between that and the £35 3rd party toner I didn't need to buy, I've probably enough to last me a lifetime now.

I've even done glossy photo prints on it. Just gotta make sure you use laser friendly photo paper, and give it a blast with the heat gun to improve its glossiness. Quality's not as good as inkjet of course, but it does the job.

From my experience, this LED/laser printer had better quality, than cheap inkjet.

i went laser because i rarely print stuff and i didnt want ink drying out and fucking up the expensive little cartridges

Agree. Lasers are faster, they are good when you don't use them, and they are good when you use them a lot.

This is stupid, buy a Brother laser printer and refill your powder cartridges.

that only applies to cheapshit lasers sold for home use

office ones usually cost a lot more than a full set of toners

>it's not the jews
>it's capitalism
But capitalism is literally a Jewish ideology.

Attached: jew-22.jpg (402x482, 114K)

oath, was also not that expensive because i bought an outgoing model brand new

fuck it’s a beast though, weighs like 30kg

Inkjet printers are a scam with highly inefficient and DRM-filled ink cartridge softwares. Go with laser printers of today.

>trys to move the conversation from him being a jew to something else
yeps. thats a jew.

The fault is from people that are really retarded and eat buzzwords on the breakfast.
If i was blizzard, i would call this game "heartstone adventures" and make it heartstone themed, as well, its the thing my mobile audience knows.

based and redpilled

This.
Only normans complain about ink prices.

For a cheap AIO inkjet, get an Epson WF-2631, if you need auto duplex printing, get an Epson WF-2651. If you need A3+ it even has a big brother the WF-7711.

The WF-2651 has full duplex auto feeder scanning and copying coupled with full duplex printing, fax, USB, ethernet and wifi direct, which is a god send when you have a stack of double sided documents that need copying, the WF-2631 is the basically the same thing minus the full duplex

You can buy individual refillable carts for the T193 if you don't print much, if you print a lot, there are ink tank kits.

Laser printers take a fuck ton of power when warming up, you're breathing toxic shit when it does, toners are fucking expensive even if you try to DIY, they also are shit at color and high resolutions. They don't even make a good AIO Laser with Scanner and Fax unless you get business floor standing units.

Attached: WF2651.jpg (720x540, 259K)

Laser printers fingerprint every page with an invisible code. Inkjets on the other hand haven't been demonstrated to do so.

using cheap ink from amazon. so far works fine. printer even accepts them as genuine and the one that was marked as non-genuine was accepted anyways (with the acceptance that if the printer fails its not epsons fault).

Attached: 1541263416402.jpg (1165x740, 183K)

To the extent that that is true, it is only true for color lasers.

B/W don't do this.
Color inkjets do this, as well as decent laser.

I've never heard about inkjets doing it. Every single article only covers color lasers.

I will try find some photos I made, same yellow points.
Btw, not all lasers and inkjets do this

Thats probably due to color printing false bank notes.

The lasers that don't do the yellow dots are still advertised as containing a tracking system. So they probably sneak in something else into the paper.

>Quality's not as good as inkjet of course, but it does the job.

Why is it that the photos I print with my Canon inkjet AIO look like utter shit then?

You have some explanation to do

Paper, DPI settings, and trying to print shitty phone camera photos are factors

REMOVE AYN'S PICTURE IMMEDIATELY

Everything is set to maximum, and the photo paper came from Epson

The photos looks terrible compared to those from the traditional film camera

fucking HP, sure the H is for hebrew. they are the worse. their software is juat there to make you pay.

the thing i hate the most is how they force you to have color and black ink to work but so they can waste color while print black even iv you can disable that option in older drivers. now is not even there.

buy laser, not inkjet

inkjet you'll be spending 80 bucks every 3 months replacing a cartridge, or maybe both cartridges. and they jam, and they smear. and if you don't use it for a long time it dries up.

laser. toner is expensive (maybe 80 or 120 bucks), but it lasts you 5 years, 3 years with high usage. my last paper jam was maybe 4 years ago? it was the only time the thing ever jammed (bought in 2013). only replaced toner once. also it can't dry because toner is a powder.

buy a laser printer, they only print monochromatically but a single cartridge can do like a thousand or two pages. literally still on the cartridge that came with mine, 2 years later.

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbrain-images.cdn.dixons.com%2F1%2F8%2F10026081%2Fu_10026081.jpg&f=1.jpg (1000x887, 35K)

>Using a ink printer
mfw

Attached: 1273941621486.jpg (363x310, 31K)

Just get a black and white laser printer you dipstick

I bought a brother b&w laser printer/scanner for like $120 I don't know how many years ago. I've never replaced the toner. Never replaced the drum. Never restarted it. Never ever done anything except plug it in and connect it to the wifi, once.

Doesn't matter if the last print job was 3 minutes ago or 6 months. It prints the first time, every time.

Fuck HP up and down. And fuck inkjets. They are useless toys bought by mindless consumer NPCs.

Attached: 1486430325440.png (5000x2571, 124K)

In Asia you buy printers that you can refill from ink bottles. Buy one of them and do it yourself.

Lol, astroturfer #rekt.

Bans for astroturfers when?

This

> broken support for 3rd party cartridge.
That's illegal in Australia

Continuing this post, and those trips, my last printer was an hp deskjet whateverthefuck.

That fucking immense piece of shit would not print correctly probably 80 or 90% of the time. It wouldn't connect to wifi, or the print heads """""needed to be cleaned"""""" (aka jew HP wanted to fuck me out of even more money for their shit that's already more expensive than human blood even though it costs fractions of a penny to produce gallons of ink), or it would fuck up the print and I'd have to try again, and the list goes on and fucking on.

I will never buy another inkjet, and I sure as fuck will never buy another printer from HP.

OP. Get a Brother laser printer. Black and white, unless you're literally printing in color every day it's a massive waste of money to get a color laser printer. See:
Like one of them said, Brother is the toyota of printers. It's just going to work, forever. Unlike fucking HP garbage, god fuck that piece of shit "let's fuck over consumers as hard as possible" faggot cunt company

Attached: 1491891645293.jpg (480x405, 32K)

>Work wants to get rid of 30+ desk laser printers, recyclers pay by pound.
Me: No problem! I'll get them all recycled, just give me all the spare toners so we can free up all that shelf space.
>Printers are all HP and most with NW following model #s, so wireless and networking
>Sold to friends for $30 each. $50 with extra toner. Colors went for $100 and $150 with extra toner.
Made over $2400 in the space of 3 months.

The Apple ImageWriter II is a good printer. So are the Citizen GX models. Yes they are more free.

honestly what the fuck is this picture. it always cracks me up

I have a printer that you fill eiyh ink into 4 little tanks. It cost $400 but included a full bottle of ink in each color. They claim its enough for a pretty high number of prints, and each ink think is really cheap

They sell 1L bottles of ink for like 9 bux.
Think of how much fucking pages you can print with 4L (1L per color) for less than $40

Literally who cares? That shit only matters if you’re sending “bombs” in the mail or sending threatening letters to important people, user you wouldn’t do something like that would you?
Stop recommending inkjet, they’re more expensive and shit to deal with in every significant way, from printing itself to cost of operation. Laser is significantly better than jet. I want to get a dot matrix for “forever” printing abilities.
>can’t print color on dot matrix
Again who gives a fuck about color printing? Why do you need color?

This.
I got one in monochrome and its pretty bulletproof.

Brothers get their heads stuck meaning a color stops working after a while. Use Canon which has expendable/removable heads.
If you recharge cartridges or use a continuous system, inkjet becomes cheaper both in the fixed costs and expendables.

>it’s cheaper trust me

Let’s assume that costs are equal to laser, which they could be, they’d never be cheaper
>why?
Number of reasons, one of which is printer life expectancy page limit, which HP, Epson and Lexmark are notorious for, I have seen office AIO inkjets way upwards of $500 simply stop working for no reason at all.
But assuming costs are the same, you still got to deal with inkjet bullshit like waiting a minute to actually print something, having it make all kinds of noises and not produce anything and other general inkjet bullshit, that you don’t have with laser.
>brother lasers clog up
Literally the first time I have ever read that anywhere, assuming it’s true, all printers would eventually at some point clog unless they’re dot matrix, so not really a good reason.

Brother printers

>Laser printers fingerprint every page with an invisible code.
It is an antifeature, but does it actually matter in the end? Unless you bought the printer directly from a retailer who required you to give them your name, can anyone actually do anything meaningfully with the code? I bought my laser printer from an office surplus auction, so it's quite difficult to imagine anyone would be able to track me down from the code.

Hi folks,
im using Brother Ink jet devices foer more then 8 yrs now.
Never bought original ink only the cheapest found on ebay or amazon.
Never had a problem with them even my decade old DCP 110 is working fine at a friends home.
Ink Cardrige is under 60 cnet.
Give it a try.
Never buy HP thats suizid on costs...

I thought you meant an inkjet Brother, sorry. The lasers don't clog up.
Yeah, lasers are faster, but the toner cartridges are hard to refill. If you can do that, then I guess it would be a good option (ignoring the cost of the printer itself). Otherwise I'm not convinced. You can buy an (new) inkjet for 30 bucks and print a couple thousand pages using 15 dollars worth of ink.
I've had one of those cheap Canon inkjets for years and it still works, so I don't think they have a self destruct switch. But I admit it has some issues like sometimes spitting out extra blank pages among the printed ones, ink smears and so on.

Get an Epson EcoTank and just refill it.

>Inkjet printers are a scam with highly inefficient and DRM-filled ink cartridge softwares.
Stop with your generalizations.

most people don't need color printing anyway
b&w laser printer is the way to go

>inkjet becomes cheaper both in the fixed costs and expendables.
Absolutely not, no.

You are wrong.

Attached: 1486696484377.png (649x611, 639K)

Prove it.

>implying 2018 Toyota is Kaizen 80s Toyota
Get your head out of your ass, their engines are getting recalls regularly.

If you need images, use a laser printer. They're expensive up front but a million times cheaper than shitty inkjets over time.