2019-(2*(1/12))

>2019-(2*(1/12))
>Management still has fetish for putting IT in a sweatshop

Attached: LetMyPeopleGo.jpg (794x1481, 200K)

i don't have self discipline so going to office regulates my working hours and my day, which is good for me.

also if i don't go out more than a few days, i feel depressed.

>I'm undisciplined and won't leave the house unless someone is paying me to.

No offense. Fair and understandable. Commuting to the sweatshop should be a choice, not a collective punishment.

We used to allow some of our IT people to work from home. They always got way less done than the people who actually came into the office.
People who have never actually been high up in a business like to whine about how needing to go to the office is so unnecessary and hindering, but if you've ever actually managed a bunch of at-home employees, you know that being at home destroys their efficiency.
The real reason you want to work from home is so you can be lazy and slack off without anybody seeing you. Everyone knows it.

>you know that being at home destroys their efficiency.
My other coworkers and I almost deliver double when at home. I can't get anything done in the office.
>The real reason you want to work from home is so you can be lazy and slack off without anybody seeing you.
I'm starting to think the anti-remote people are just projecting their own lack of integrity on to other people.

Just ask for a week/month trial, I asked my boss and he accepted, now I work from home.

Yeah can confirm, I do jack shit when at home. Quit after a few months because IT is boring as shit. The pay is also close to nothing in my country (25K a year) so I quit.

>My anecdote is right and yours is wrong!
Ok nigger

>Work isn't meant to be fun
>We had to suffer so you have to suffer too
General conservatism and muh protestant work ethic. Plus it's hard to act like a boss when your office is empty of fearful worker drones

Attached: f3342030376.jpg (800x600, 128K)

Everyone will have a different anecdote, so there should be a choice.

You want the real reason? I want to smoke weed and work, I'm sorry, but that's what I like. I'm probably bipolar and self medicating and I like weed more than meds.
None the less, my company is agile with a point system that tracks our work. I get as many points done as anyone else. Now fuck off and let me do what I want while I work faggot.

Pros: don’t have to waste your life driving to and from work, reducing your carbon footprint

Cons: you are more lazy, depressed, and unproductive.

>t. Angry Indian IT Manager

>have had my own office for years
>suddenly they want to move to a new building with an open-plan

Attached: 1534985394500.jpg (636x431, 35K)

>You want the real reason? I want to smoke weed and work
And this is exactly why you fags aren't allowed to work from home

it's an abusive psychological tactic
you will work harder if you are in their territory where you have no control and you are being watched

it does that anyway regardless of being at home or work

Wdat's open plan?

Because I'll smoke weed and get the same amount of work done as everyone else? The horror! (I already work from home btw, I'm not a shit eating pajeet in a shitty country.)

Attached: you-are-retarded.jpg (528x565, 76K)

where i live it's quite common and acceptable to smoke at all but the largest and most established companies
ive been to startups where you can smell the weed right when entering the place
and it's not even legal

Programmer. If I'm working from home it's because I don't feel like working. I just work harder the next day and make up for it

I hope you are being productive user! Don't do anything you shouldn't be or ill report you to management for a raise!

>Open floor plan
You got caught smiling at work. They have to keep morale down.

>Punishing good workers because one is a druggie

The opposite is true.

Imagine being at a cafeteria table shoulder to shoulder, except that's your desk for 4 hours a week.

Attached: 1536334173087.png (971x546, 55K)

*40+ hours

Attached: trade-floor-for-airwatch-by-vmware[1].jpg (1000x354, 85K)

The difference is that you were trying to project your anecdote to be evidence. He was using his anecdote to disprove your 'rule'.

Every remote worker at my company is a fucking waste of space, wish they'd drop the lot of them

I work helpdesk and write many of our support documents working with our devs.
I haven't been in the office in 1 1/2 years with no option to since I now live 400+ miles away from it. I get more done remote then I ever did in the office. I love it.

-(2*(1/12))
>>Management still has fetish for putting IT in a sweatshop
Then have a shower before you go in. Fuck