Why would nvidia think this was a good idea? yes, people are buying it...

why would nvidia think this was a good idea? yes, people are buying it, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are stupid, just that they have money. all rtx has done is hurt the brand; the 1080 ti shits on practically all of the RTX cards, and not even the dumbest person would be suckered into ray tracing.

Attached: geforce-rtx-20-series-social-2048x1024[1].jpg (2048x1024, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebuyer.com/784948-gigabyte-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-oc-11gb-graphics-card-gv-n108tgaming-oc-11gd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's not like there's any competition any more

>1080 ti shits on practically all of the RTX cards
True but here (Europe) pre-ordering an RTX 2070 (from EVGA, MSI, ...) is cheaper than a 1080 ti.
And if DLSS really kicks in, your 1080 will be left in the dust.
Nobody cares about raytracing nor does anybody actually buys an RTX card for it.

It just werks

Every NVidiot shill will blindly defend their religious doctrine

>all these retarded proprietary technologies
>consoles (all running AMD) cant use it
>developers ignore them

Making a DX12-centric card when half your userbase refuses to upgrade to 10 is a horrible bet when MS has no intention of removing the shit people hate about 10

I thought thats why ms bought all those game dev studios

my gtx670 shit the bed last week and I need a replacement. might as well replace my entire 6 year old pc.
I paid 400 for the 670 6 years ago and would still be using it if it didn't die. if i can get 5 years out of the 2070 like all my previous gpus/builds I'll be happy. I don't care about all this political bullshit I just want a good pc. if 100-150 bucks over what you think it should cost is causing you distress then maybe PC gaming isn't for you.

There is when your shiny new Ngreedia card dies after a week or two of moderate gaming use.

no you just get it replaced

The only people that refuse to upgrade are autistic faggots like you.

Attached: image.jpg (640x374, 114K)

RTX 2070 is also slower than a 1080 Ti by a good chunk.

DLSS is a downgrade in image quality for extra FPS, hardly anything to write home about or be very impressed by. DLSS 2x is basically an AA method, supposedly a high quality one with very little performance impact, but we haven't actually seen it in action in order to tell.

>but that doesn't necessarily mean they are stupid, just that they have money
>all rtx has done is hurt the brand
The people who are complaining about the price are the people who would end up buying amd regardless, because of the price

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.02.43 PM.png (3360x2100, 1.86M)

what the fuck happened to the 1080 Ti stock? i want to replace mine because i think it is the source of the coil whine in my room, but i refuse to buy some used shit off eBay

>what happened to the stock of a card which was discontinued and replaced with a newer model
you fell for the rtx is priced as it is because they want to clear out old stock meme

i can't even buy a 2080 Ti because the GDDR6 memory is supposedly fucked

>yes, people are buying it,
Sounds like a successful product, then.

>Yes people are buying it.

People are only buying the 2080Ti because it's current topdog.

2080 and 2070 sales are horrible.

We've started hitting walls with visual fidelity in rasterization, but taking the time and resources off to fundamentally change the frequently ugly workarounds is a gigantic undertaking that would put whoever makes the first move at a tremendous disadvantage in terms of cost/benefit. That is, unless they could do so without concern for their competition catching up. Then, there is a significant upside, as they can carry the market and have greater input in shaping it.

Nvidia has found that moment. AMD products are barely competitive, and in many respects have fallen behind Nvidia's offerings. Nvidia has seen a chance to drag the market forward in graphics beyond what rasterization alone can provide.
Given the relative ease of implementing raytracing (no learning of numerous specific tricks to make the fake look real), and especially DLSS (which Nvidia does the heavy-lifting for), and the huge influence Nvidia has across the graphics market, I think there's a good chance it's going to see at least some significant adoption beyond what games we've already heard about, but how much isn't clear. But it's not a phase. It's unthinkable for RTX to disappear. It's all in and devs probably know it.

>GDDR6 memory is supposedly fucked
works fine for me

Attached: IMG_20181103_2117366.jpg (3996x2664, 3.36M)

From what i've seen it mostly on cards with shitty cooling... but who knows... i'm still waiting for mine to kick it randomly.

>Watched footage of ray tracing:ON
>Every surface looked like gta 4 during rainfall ffs.

Attached: 1526605840086.png (680x623, 246K)

Windows 10 has been out since 2015, and 61% of Steam using it by the end of 2018 is hardly an endorsement when 7 started dominating about a year after launch

Maybe you'll start to see proper DX12 games when that 61% becomes an 80% or higher, like what 7 enjoyed for years

Win7 is easily pirated

>But it's not a phase. It's unthinkable for RTX to disappear. It's all in and devs probably know it.
Just like Nvidia 3D vision

>not having Nvidia 3D vision

Attached: IMG_20181103_2209357.jpg (3996x2664, 2.07M)

RTX is a massive winner as far as Nvidia is concerned.

Their shareholders are laughing to the bank, despite what AMD-fags will tell you. RTX is Nvidia first real DX12-tier GPU not pseudo-DX12 crap that were effectively a evolved Fermi.

Windows 7 is going EOL next year. Windows 10 has already surpassed Windows 7 in adoption rate.

The only reason to stick with 7 is for legacy support on aging platforms (2010 and older).

Game developers are going to be requiring DX12 and Windows 10 for 2019-2020 releases.

>why would nvidia think this was a good idea?
They sold shit at a high price and people bought it, how is it not a good idea business wise?

>Game developers are going to be requiring DX12 and Windows 10 for 2019-2020 releases.
Yeah sure, just look at DX9.

>yes, people are buying it
Actually, they aren't really. 2080s aren't selling particularly well creating an over-abundance of stock, and the manufacturing yields on 2080ti are absolutely pathetic creating a stock shortage everywhere. 2080ti' being out of stock isn't because they're selling well.

>People actually buying the RTX 2070 / 2080 / 2080 Ti
>Not waiting for the 2070 Ti
>Not waiting for the 2090 + 2090 Ti when AMD releases their cards
It's like most of the 2080 + 2080 Ti buyers are retarded

DX9 is completely dead at this point. Current and future titles require DX11-era GPUs in order to work.

DX12 is going be required for future titles once Windows 7 reaches its official EOL.

Sure, just like Vulkan will be the standard by then.

2080ti massively shits on the beefiest 1080ti.

check the benchmarks, I have one. If you take the RTX its still on a different level.

you are all dumb

>people are buying it
answered your own question there

>answered your own question there
By lying/misinformation?

>RTX 2070 is also slower than a 1080 Ti by a good chunk.
Not true if you get a 400A chip ($550+ AIB cards)

its crazy how much people are hating on 2080ti and trying to find a reason to say its crap.

if every one had brought 980ti's in bulk you would be doing the same to the 1080ti.

there is just alot of butthurt recent 1080ti owners. thats the only reason this hate exists and why people are literally trying to find proof they are failing and dying and stuff

its sad. bunch of poor cunts who overspend and regret it on last gen hardware crying about the new shit.

t.justifying a bad buy

This.

Most games wroth playing wont have ray tracing because they are deved for consoles and consoles use AMD gpu's

>its crazy how much people are hating on 2080ti and trying to find a reason to say its crap
The only reason people are "hating" on the new Turing cards is because they're grossly overpriced. The fact they're not selling a hell of a lot of them is proof.

Nvidia is not your friend.

>implying AMD will have something competitive.
Current RX 590 numbers are pretty shit.
Vega 20 numbers are laughable at best.

A) the RX590 is a refresh of a still competitive midrange card
B) Vega 20 is an enterprise card
C) you're a retard

They had shit ton of 1080's returned to them. So by releasing the expensive meme card while there is no real competition makes the old 1080's seem much better value.

Just you wait until Titan RTX gets released with 50% more powerful than 1080 Ti.

And 100% price increase. Oh wait, the 2080ti was already 100% increase.

>numerous specific tricks to make the fake look real

Unless you're shooting out millions of rays, you're 'faking' shit.

at two thousand american dollars

Management bugpeople whose perception of reality is based solely on spreadsheets full of numbers, projecting their recent Pascal experience of increasing prices 50% and still having people buy 12 GPUs each forward into the next generation.

you have to launch the shit at some point

might as well do it while you have a significat market lead

>sure are a lot of RTX and DLSS enabled games out there right now.

the RTX 2080 has killed the GTX 1080ti dead. people gettin butthurt

>RTX 2080ti is equal to two GTX 1080s in performance
>RTX 2080ti costs the same as two GTX 1080s
>"grossly overpriced"
nope. twice the performance means twice the price.

>This.
>Most games wroth playing wont have ray tracing because they are deved for consoles and consoles use AMD gpu's
Amd has had ray tracing for awhile now. Before nvidias meme release. They just don't put it on consumer cards

>nope. twice the performance means twice the price.
By that logic we'd be buying $20,000 since all the advancements made since Tesla

The only reason RTX is getting any sort of irate is because of price points.

If Nvidia had launched them at 9 series price points. Almost nobody would have bitch about RTX series.

Nvidia isn't a charity. They have obligation to satisfy their shareholders. There's no real compention in the performance gayming market. They are going to milk the market for all its worth. The crypto-currency craze proved that there's enough of market was willing to tolerate the new price points (mine-fags buying 1080Tis at $1,000+).

Nvidia intentionally price them as they keep retaining launch prices for their massive overstock of Pascal stock. The rumored "1060Ti" refresh is looking like an intentionally crippled 1080 SKU (1/4 of it disabled, including memory bus which means 6GiB of VRAM).

The GTX 1080 Ti is running low on stock. Better hurry.

2080 is just as fast at 1080Ti at DX11-era stuff but outpaces it by a decent margin in DX12 stuff (the future) for less power consumption.

2080's problem it is kinda overpriced and only makes sense if you want to hop on the HDR bandwagon.

>The only reason people are "hating" on the new Turing cards is because they're grossly overpriced.
But they're not. Not at MSRP.
The 2070 costs as much as a 1080, and performs about as well (sometimes better, depending on the res thanks to GDDR6)
The 2080 costs as much as a 1080ti, and also performs about as well.
The 2080ti is a halo product, and naturally provides bad value. You want the best, you pay for it.

Now, a more cogent argument would be that they should provide *better* value, since Pascal is 2 years old, rather than relying, for the most part, on promises of features that are on the horizon but aren't yet implemented. That's a fair critique. But they aren't any worse in performance overall.
People are spoiled for choices thanks to Pascal overstock. That, however, is a limited-time offer, and it's soon going to end, and the GPU market will steady itself.

is the RTX 2080 really equivalent to the 1080 Ti? i've been ignoring it because reviewers were calling it the worst RTX card to buy. i guess because you could just get the pascal equivalent for cheaper?

>i guess because you could just get the pascal equivalent for cheaper?
Yes. 1080tis are at fire sale prices now.
They are no longer in production. It's just inventory clearing at this point.

I just checked, and they're basically all gone. They used to be like $600, or less.

Any number of rays is still more than zero.

Is this a good card to do render work and stuff?

Heads up UK bros
ebuyer.com/784948-gigabyte-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-oc-11gb-graphics-card-gv-n108tgaming-oc-11gd