Hey fags anybody know how much it would cost to run ethernet through my apartment...

Hey fags anybody know how much it would cost to run ethernet through my apartment? 50m2 and it would be from one end to the other (two WAPs).

Sparkies charge a fortune just for a quote here

Attached: Australia.png (472x230, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kogan.com/au/buy/krone-compatible-idc-punch-down-tool/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Running it yourself? Like $60 dude, and that includes the cost of the tools, cable and RJ45 ends

yeah, all you really need to do is cut out the holes for the faceplates in the drywall, run cat6 though it using a wall drop tool and crimp on some connectors. a little time consuming for a whole house but easily doable in an apartment

don't worry about getting a sparky. grab some yellow tongue (the yellow stuff on chipboard flooring, you can buy these online too) to run your cat6 down walls. grab a krone tool (kogan.com/au/buy/krone-compatible-idc-punch-down-tool/) and get some rj45 wall jacks.

The problem is that my apartment is quite long so its not like I can just run it down the wall. How do I get it right through the ceiling in pic related?

Attached: help.png (800x800, 34K)

Attached: images (1).jpg (235x182, 4K)

you keep using the word 'apartment' which concerns me.
If you're renting you can't make such modifications.
If you own the apartment there's still a good chance you still cant make such modifications without the approval of the body corporate.

Run it along the baseboards around the apt

You're right and its in melbourne no less. But how will they know? ;))

good luck

This user is a dork, mclovin'

i just want to point out quickly australia has some of the most retarded laws in the world, so its illegal to run ethernet cable in your roof or walls unless you get a licensed cabler to do it. i got some quotes on it and its `$200 per faceplate installed. the cable also has to be a certain grade because our roofs get so hot

also nigger, why ethernet? your appartment is smaller than my shed

And? Who the fuck is going to know if you run some data? It's most likely illegal to stop fuck wits from trying to charge people to do it when they're unlicensed

This

>>nigger free zone
>>melbourne

lmaoing at your limp vic life

no its illegal because of some bs about crossing electric wires. your insurer will care if something ever goes wrong. they request those sort of documents

How well do these work?

So then run the data under the house? Piece of piss.
It just sends data over copper of the power lines.

>So then run the data under the house? Piece of piss.
nah you cant do that either, it counts as permanent installation, Thats why data centers tend to have fake floors

I know how they work. I wanted to know what the speed and reliability is like compared to straight ethernet.

Worse then good quality 5ghz wifi.

Look up sketchy brad sparky in St Kilda, he'll wire your shit up for a mad discount. He's a good cunt and pretty reliable apart from that time he robbed me.

For some reason my mind just dropped the "well" from your sentence. I honestly don't know if they're good or not, and I have a feeling it depends on how your house is wired and where you put them (e.g. across different circuits). The power lines are inherently noisy, but they must work otherwise they wouldn't be so common.

>mfw did this in my house

Attached: bob-carr-listens-to-julia-gillard-data.jpg (3000x1996, 519K)

>mfw I looked this up
>mfw you can't run your own ethernet, speaker or security cables in Australia

What the fuck man, the protectionist motherfuckers who dream these laws up should be shot.

yeah i didnt find out until way after. its one of our most bs laws

ha you think thats bad. cant install a shower head or tap washer in WA and i think other states as well. cant hook up your own solar panels if youre off grid. cant do any of your own plumbing period. cant do anything electrical (this includes light fittings and replacing wall plates, fucking wall plates man..)

and dont get me started on weapon laws. fucking crossbows man

>your insurer will care if something ever goes wrong
That's why you don't tell them.

they check that stuff when your house burns down / floods / robbed. literally anything to get out of paying, even if your not the cause

it'll be pretty obvious once you start hacking at the walls

just run cables along the top of the wall using command hooks like the rental pleb you are