Display driver failed to start

Who's having this problem? When I play a game either immediately upon loading up or a few moments later the screen goes black. The audio and all the processes in the background still run but the screen goes black and stays black. The monitors are still on but they say no signal. After a while I get a notification and when I restart to see what it says. It reads "Display driver failed to start..."

I have a GTX1060 and a 750w power supply. I am also running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I had this problem a week or so ago but I reinstalled Windows 10 and it went away for a while. I even disabled updates.

Attached: download.jpg (388x130, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/138697/en-us
reviversoft.com/blog/2013/09/using-driver-verifier-to-fix-a-blue-screen-of-death/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have no Nvidia driver

Install Gentoo

Try installing the proper drivers and not using Microsoft's generic driver which gets installed by default if you haven't bothered to install the correct Nvidia driver.

nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/138697/en-us

I do and I have it installed.

bump

Download latest driver
download and run DDU (use clean and restart)
disconnect your internet before reboot.

install new driver

>winblows 10
fucking retard

Mcfucking kill yourself
Not your tech support
Sageru
Reporteru
A thread died for this
>>>/STUPIDFUCKINGQUESTIONSGENERAL/
>>>/WANGBLOWS10GENERAL/
>>>/REDDIT.CUM/NOVIDEO
Please make this your last post on this board.

Attached: 1541296950644.png (1098x1066, 673K)

fuck you

I did that.

Attached: 1540920263862.gif (382x554, 2.57M)

I am a gamer and proud of it, and I won't stand for this discrimination

Lately pretty much every Windows 10 update has given errors like this for me. Windows has zero quality control and updates can just break everything. Once it even made both my displays flicker like crazy until I rebooted and it gave an error like yours. Good thing I have dualboot so the computer itself can stay usable. When I stop needing Windows I will wipe it and never look back.

It sucks. My problem is affecting a number of computers but not a large amount. It's effectively rendered my GPU useless.

I have something to tell you.

You don't have a 1060, you just think that you do.
Card bios is corrupted.

What do you mean? Are you taking the piss.

I bought it from a well known computer parts store.

this is the only reasonable response in this thread

works on my machineā„¢

Have you tried installing Gentoo?

Then it's time to run driver verifier
reviversoft.com/blog/2013/09/using-driver-verifier-to-fix-a-blue-screen-of-death/

Even if you buy a card from a brand name store you can still corrupt the fucking bios you dipshit, reflash the fucking firmware or fucking RMA the POS.

Tbh I don't think it's a GPU problem but I guess that's my only choice.

> you can still corrupt the fucking bios you dipshit,
How?

If you did that and you are still getting this error, then it might actually be defective hardware.

Can you try your gpu in another PC and see if happens again?

I'm not having this problem because i use GNU/Linux

Your PSU or GPU are toast.