Nearly 10% of Alexa Top 100,000 websites blocked

>nearly 10% of Alexa Top 100,000 websites blocked
What's going on in Bongland? Seems like they have a hard-on for surveillance and censorship.

Attached: bongblocks.png (1214x1004, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.se.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So just disable the block on your ISP account.

Attached: zbc761cenpu11.jpg (1125x1125, 84K)

Oi, you got a loicense for visiting that website mate?

Surely our children are safer now that they can't get drug facts from Erowid

Attached: psychedelics.png (1203x1068, 121K)

Or just use proxies/VPN

>wasiwaska
>"Research Centre for the study of psychointegrator plants, visionary art and consciousness"
What filter did this site even trigger?

It's a child filter enabled by default on new routers that can be disabled, it's not a complete block of those websites you twats.

>new routers
That's wrong sorry it's done by your ISP so you just deactivate it online.

>It's a child filter enabled by default on new routers that can be disabled
that's essentially a block forever. Average Joe doesn't know how to disable this.

>implying I give a fuck about the average joe
It's fucking easy you just go on your BT page and disable it, if you can't work it out you shouldn't use the internet in the first place.

O2 requires to link a credit card with the ISP, deteriorating your privacy further, and forcing you to have one in the first place

britbong here

Can access most of those sites fine. Are these "blocks" just dns blocks from certain ISP's?

afaik some mobile carriers and smaller ISP's will block pretty much anything if some shriveled old pensioner gets offended.

O2 only does that for mobile plans.

You can also go in store and show your id to get it removed

Britbong here.

I work for an isp in the uk.

Most filters rely on the router using the DNS of the isp, so if you setup an alternate router and use an alternate DNS, you can get round the filters.

Since most shill isp's here lock down their routers, a 3rd party ones advised.

Unless your with Sky, enjoy having all your data collected and been stuck with their shitty chink router.

Bong here.

I signed someone up for broadband a week ago and these blocks are literally just a toggle at checkout.

Sky are one of the few providers that DON'T let you change router, retard.

or just call them and say "turn the age block off" and they do it.

Attached: 34534534.jpg (247x255, 23K)

What if after a few years they disable the option to turn it off?

Try to visit rarbg.to from the UK

That is what he said RETARD

I am on Three, nothing is blocked, except maybe tpb or maybe its down, but for the last month I have been unable to access it

All of them

try
thepiratebay.se.net/

If it's a child/age filter; it's a very shitty one.
I thought it was just piracy related sites.

Thats just the proxy

thepiratebay.asia is more reliable

Actual bong here, lemme spell it out for you sensationalist americlaps

>Affects mobile and Internet contracts
>existing contracts not effected (though you can turn it on if you're fucking insane)
>when signing up for a new contract they will ask if you want the filter turned on, with yes being the default answer

Those 3.5mil households with it on fall in to the following categories:
Mouth breathing plebs
The elderly who barely understand what's happening anyway
Religious fundamentalists

... actually, maybe I just don't have this.
I am a Bong.
On Piracy sites it just says
'ACCESS TO THE WEBSITES LISTED ON THIS PAGE HAS BEEN BLOCKED PURSUANT TO ORDERS OF THE HIGH COURT'

That is not the child filter that is a filter imposed by a court order that all ISP's have to obey. It is easy peasy to bypass. Just use a proxy or VPN or TOR.

Sky actually removed this restriction a few months ago, still not officially supported but you can get it working.

Think you lose some of the sky features though and they use some proprietary wifi shit.

>people who are illiterate shouldn’t be online

You benefit from more and more people being online by having faster speeds and cheaper access

BTW only the large ISP's have implemented the blocks. Smaller ISP's like Zen do not block anything and have stated they don't intend to unless forced to.

Not my fault their grammar is shit, the comma makes it seem like Sky is the exception to what follows.

Now it can be like the good old days where they just smash whatever the fuck Tyrone sells them!

The UK has one camera for every 14 people.

Vast majority are privately owned.

>Without the help of businesses investing into their privately-owned systems, the Police would only have access to the one publically-owned camera per 1,000 head of population.