Why can't microsoft into design and why does apple's design just look so much better?

Why can't microsoft into design and why does apple's design just look so much better?

All i want is an operating system that looks as good as mac os, with the intuitivity and functionality of windows.

Attached: inb4-install-gentoo.jpg (720x450, 75K)

Both are Fisher Price garbage.

I fucking hate this gigantic babby dock. How is this good design?

The icons on the right picture look like they're from 2012

i see now the image in op is a bad example, but overall the mac os aesthetic is just so much better than windows, the design of explorer just looks outdated and bloated compared to the simple mac finder, even the dark mode on windows looks so horrible and inconsistent, don't get me started on the xp and vista icons in windows 10 and there's like ten different dropdown and button styles that share no similarity between them.

i'm really considering a custom theme for windows, i'm just waiting for theme that works with latest windows and i hope it won't impact the performance...

You know, dock can be scaled.
The icons on the right are different from each other, so it would speed the process of recognising an icon and clicking one.
The minimal monochrome icons belong to the /trash/.

defaults write com.apple.dock.tilesize *insert_smoll_number*; killall Dock
cmd+opt+d

I prefer the MS metro stuff. My only real problem is it lacks some customization features I'd like to have. It's great for games and the sort.

that’s an old version of windows 10 btw

Attached: CF880C46-A245-4B8A-A35C-DBE0C959BCA2.png (1920x1080, 549K)

Their first party fluet look good - photos, groove, etc
They are bound by all the legacy shit though, so it will either take ages to make everything consistent at their speed or it will never happen because by the time it's almost finished they'll jump on new design meme

What browser

Slowfox

Acrylic and the whole "Fluent Design" language are pretty much direct copies of macOS.
Too bad MS can't even copy properly nowadays.

post real UI then.
and if it's CLI get lost.

The design doesn't look like a copy but of course you saw a transparent side bar and shouted muh copy

The fact that they sell themselves as the epidome of good design and the default is a huge homosexual babby dock is just laughable

Attached: Rajash.png (653x892, 163K)

Normalfags need big clicky buttons, windows comes with a big taskbar by default too

furryfox

You have a side by side comparison in OP's post, Windows doesn't even come near to it

Not him, but here's my OSX.
Wanted to show you Apple's Notification Center, so here it is.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 17.22.27.png (1440x900, 1.6M)

Both Dock and Menu Bar can be hidden, so it would please you aestheticâ„¢.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 17.24.03.png (1440x900, 1.9M)

It's not that it looks better, it's that it's more consistent.
That's the biggest problem with any Linux DE, it's nowhere near as consistent as Win7.

Shhhhh little hipster, we call them retro.

damn that notification centre looks so much nicer than the windows version.
i don't really remember a single time a notification from the windows 10 notification centre was actually useful to me, it's always some software issue or virus bullshit.

Attached: 2018-11-04_15-28-39.png (396x1080, 284K)

>operating system that looks as good as mac os, with the intuitivity and functionality of windows.
So, Linux?

Looks pretty sweet

This is exactly why. Sick of these pajeets in the tech industry. If I had a dollar for every application I have had to reject merely because they're all curry bending fucks, I'd be rich. I prefer to hire chinks than these shit-swapping monkeys.

As a side note, I am leaving this company soon because of a better opportunity--feel sorry for the state it's going to be after.

I've had it with windows, i'm going to try to change shit up and make the best of it...

first of all, how do i make the task bar work like the dock? i can drag an image to photoshop icon on desktop to open it, but on the taskbar it just pins the image to photoshop instead of opening it.

secondly, how do i open images to preview instantly? every time i open an image in default photos app i am staring at blank space for a few seconds. shit's irritating

is there any reason why this even exists?

>secondly, how do i open images to preview instantly? every time i open an image in default photos app i am staring at blank space for a few seconds. shit's irritating
Honeyview is performant. If you want quicklook type of thing, search quicklook windows github.

Windows team has literally only 5 people to it. Wish I was making this up.

The secret is that you (that is (you), the OP) are incapable of forming your own opinions about aesthetics and are informed by advertisements and what shallow people around you think. None of this shit matters.

Perfection incoming.

Attached: Untitled-1.png (2560x1440, 2.89M)

I know hahaha they will never sell a single unit if they keep this horrible shit up!

that blur shit is so 2015

Am I the only one that misses having those big ass blocks for open Windows on the taskbar rather than those tiny squares every DE uses now?

>MacBook Air
>paying 1000$ for laptop with shitty TN panel
mate

Mikhall isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

If you are implying a deeper sensibility exists how could it not matter

The people are shallow because they value social conformity and authority to tell them what aesthetics look good, and to value aesthetics above everything else. You can have your own sense of aesthetics, but it doesn't really matter. A computer is a hunk of shit you use to calculate things, consume media, and communicate with others. What matters in life are your skills, your ethics, your attitude, and your relationships, not what shiny baubles you surround yourself with.

Gnome 3 is getting there, in a few more versions it should be pretty special.

>looks as good as mac os
You have bad taste and have an affinity for having dicks in your mouth.

no, because you can configure to only combine when full and have them...

They intended to have a much different look but seem to have crapped out along the way
The design language can be seen in the calculator and calender but they've kind of fucked up everything else

OSX is hot though.
Windows 10 is uglier than windows 7.

why create when you can steal

Attached: dcc-2.png (1440x900, 1.47M)

Well it's MacBook Pro 15' 2011, you guessed wrong.
I hate Air and "MacBook" MacBooks, and also everything Apple produced from 2016 onwards.
Still, I am happy with my machine.

>OSX is hot though.

Attached: OSXISHOT.jpg (602x832, 126K)

I fucking forgot.

Attached: K.jpg (435x435, 27K)

You shitting on Freddy?

>not real ui

Behold, a patrician desktop.

Attached: 2018-11-04_18-21-00.jpg (1920x991, 591K)

Nice background, is that Brokeback Mountain? Did your boyfriend propose to you there?

hey very witty comment friend :)))))) you really made me look funny hehehe xDDD lmao really showed me there... HAHA

I like Windows 10 wallpaper, but it would look better on Windows XP.

I'm gay and that's my background on mac. you got burrrrneed jajajajajaja

Sorry to do it, but if we stop making fun of gay people then gayness becomes accepted by society. Nothing personal.

>having 2 bars

MS shouldve gone for B&W metro style but without tiles

>implying he wouldn't like it

Its one of the first things I disable on a fresh install.

fpbp
macos is just as trash

>dock
>good design

disable the notifications or the notification centre itself?

Apple's design used to be great. Genuinely got me interested and noticing it in the programs I used on the platform.
Then ~~~flat design~~~ happened and now it's completely soulless. Same happened with Windows.

Attached: 1520142334023.png (384x351, 180K)

looks like it was made for kids

macOS's UI isn't perfect by any stretch, but the one thing Apple does well is nailing the fundamentals from the first version, so they don't get scrapped every few years in favor of some flashy new paradigm.

It started with just the menu bar and Finder in 1984, and everything that's come since (at least since the start of OS X, the one and only major reset) only complements its predecessors rather than compete with or replace them.

Windows has no such consistency or clear lineage. Microsoft's ethos from the beginning has been basically "Copy Apple, but not too much so we don't get sued again, and make it much shittier because we wouldn't know good interaction design if it bit us in the ass."

Attached: a e s t h e t i c.png (514x729, 374K)

Apple is appealing to superficial normie teenage girls, sure

>All i want is an operating system that looks as good as mac os, with the intuitivity and functionality of windows.

Linux Mint.

Flat isn't bad per se (as an anime fan, you should understand that). What matters is an execution. Something like Windows 10 is unacceptable, it's just legacy piling up.