58 days until 2019

technology-wise, what are you looking forward to in 2019 anons?

Attached: comfy apu.jpg (1082x695, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catphones.com/en-gb/cat-b35-mobile-phone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing, I'm a poorfag

>Jow Forums on January 1st 2019
>some sperg makes a thread titled "2019: year of the Linux desktop"
every fucking year

Attached: 21231222.png (232x217, 8K)

zen 2 of course

New secure CPUs.

The new era.

Attached: 1B757FD9-BA32-4E1F-B283-8CFB70DC42E9.jpg (1075x1918, 2.4M)

Comfy pepe, is comfy

Attached: 169396.png (567x567, 196K)

The Golden AMD bullrun

i would like to finally lose my virginity, i am 23 years old. Some girl from uni talks to me from time to time, maybe she likes me, but she is also pretty ugly, so maybe i just let her pick me on and fuck me. I dont care anymore, i am dead inside

Attached: 1541276718369.jpg (1200x676, 86K)

I was 24 when I lost mine. You can do it user

nothing

tech sucks cia nigger donkey dick

a thinkpad X41 is as updated as an actual laptop

Maybe she thinks the same thing.

apu not pepe ok praise finlan

Attached: 1537527207652.jpg (323x250, 14K)

I guess the librem 5, but I try not to look forward to anything anymore. I always get too excited and say or do something stupid, or it never comes anywhere near what I hoped it would be.

Js an python getting even bigger while everything else slowly dies

Diversity lottery being won.

collapse of industrial society

New 4-seater airplane under $35 000

Cute

I used to use c (almost) exclusively. then I started doing small things in python. Now I'm doing all my big things in python and small things in c. Am I part of the problem?

Yr putting the pussy on a pedestal kid

Really? Where?

More 4G dumbphones to choose from, since Verizon is dropping 2G/3G service in December of 2019 and AT&T is dropping 3G service soon after. Currently there are maybe 10 total to choose from with many of them either not having good support for the bands used for 4G in the US, being more of proprietary more locked down smartphones in a dumbphone form factor (complete with Google/Facebook integration and sometimes even app stores, examples being phones that run KaiOS or variants), or both. Also, there are no 4G dumbphones with qwerty keyboards and I'm hoping that might change as well because it will suck if Blackberry is the only company left making phones with actual keyboards.

The Raptor Blackbird
Open source, blobless computing without the thousands of dollar price tag that the Talos II demanded.
If it wasn't for Raptor Engineering I'd've just bought some old sparc boxes and be done with it.

Attached: DolFbD0XsAAUKm1.jpg:large.jpg (1536x2048, 409K)

How about we get some foldable touchscreens already. It's taken long enough

An example of a new "dumbphone" that was just released last month:
catphones.com/en-gb/cat-b35-mobile-phone/
>The B35 comes preloaded with the Google Assistant, Google Maps, Google Search and YouTube, and other apps are easily accessible from the KaiStore
We're now living in a world where you have to worry about your dumbphone possibly recording you and sending that data to Google. Although maybe some good may come of this since these dumbphones are using a standard OS so development of custom ROMs may be easier.

>every fucking year

That's the joke. It's a running gag in the Linux community.

Getting a Purism phone.
Learning more about my OS.

Navi and 7nm GPUs in general.

Just use MicroG or some old ass BlackBerry like i'm doing, you writing mongoloid

Besides big computational breakthroughs I have been a pessimist ever since smartphones became mainstream.
>magicsgone.jpg

death of the notch
intel-aviv getting holocausted

Smash it, just get it out of your system and you'll understand pussy is nothing special.

Because I like the size, form factor, durability (much smaller screen to potentially damage), and battery life of a dumbphone.

Who cares if she's ugly? It will give you the experience you need and good reputation because you won't be that incel who only want to fuck hot chicks.

I've been saving for a car but I also want a new smartphone, to travel somewhere and also a new computer.

Cheaper SSDs so I can throw out these loud external HDDs that I use for backup and anime.

This.

Has that gtk patch for preview in the filepicker been merged yet?

death

more intel exploits

I hope the world ends, via solar flare or nuclear holocaust, forcing a much-needed hard reset on what remains of humanity.

>58 days until 2019

Attached: 2.jpg (507x338, 50K)

ryzen 5 3600 and rx 680

Buying a new phone so I play pubg and fortnite in ultra HD 4k while taking a shit

Only one more year and 58 days until the new world order begins.

That's cool, I didn't want to use the internet in my rural shithole anyways. Might as well invest in a flip phone once Verizon drops 2G/3G.

top kek no

Fairphone 3
Year of the RISC V desktop
Elimination of voting machines
CIA spooks get called out on their bullshit
My network security degree.

>I didn't want to use the internet in my rural shithole anyways
??? They aren't dropping service. All 2G/3G towers and some frequencies are going to be transitioned over to 4G, the frequencies that aren't transitioned over to 4G will be reused for 5G when it comes out. After the transition, you're going to see 4G data coverage anywhere there's cell coverage currently.

Wait, will flip phones even be usable once 2g/3g service stops? Aren't most call/text only phones 2G?

Ooooooh. My bad, user. I didn't fully understand what was meant. This sounds kinda cool actually. :)

I'm the poster here: , that's why I'm hoping for more 4G dumpphone options.

this

Shit my smartphone is going to be unusable when they drop 3g due to all the 4g congestion around here.

Theres nothing to celebrate about tropical Hitler

Oh man, I'm gonna have to get rid of my 15 dollar flip phone, but by then it'll be about 5 years old, so I think I'll have gotten my money's worth.

The fact that there isn't one single good suggestion in this entire thread is a testament to how fucking stagnant technology has become. We're living in the modern dark ages my friends

Next year will be what decides whether I go to graduate school, start looking for a job, or just hang myself

Yes. Being a Cnile contributed to the problem to begin with.

I want those chinks to achieve even more CRISPR breakthroughs so that my disease can be cured

Attached: 1538584842433.png (650x650, 40K)

Librem 5
More electric cars and charging stations.

The singularityĆ¢(TM)

Nah, bring back the clean beautiful coal back!

flying cars

Being cis male is the ultimate virus that needs to be cured

Nah, an electric motor is better.

Honestly, wouldn't the world be all the better if it consisted only of cute lesbians?

More companies adopting the 3:2 aspect ratio

You say that, but the butch femjock ones will stark kicking our awkward femme asses

Whatever happens will be written in javascript with node/electron so obviously there is nothing the be excited about.

cure for baldness when