How many people in a sample of 100 all applying for a front end "engineer" position do you think can solve a simple...

how many people in a sample of 100 all applying for a front end "engineer" position do you think can solve a simple exercise like

"convert number from decimal to binary with a stack"

Attached: 37370232_258433441603738_486710749159227392_n.jpg (750x734, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtucUd9FauU
youtube.com/watch?v=WGUSNkmYTaE
youtu.be/FsPw_wEjBr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stack processor or what?
60%

a stack data structure

Why would a front end engineer need to know how to do that?

>a front end needs more than raw html/css
Good joke.

>convert number from decimal to binary
Requires maybe a for loop and some modulus operator work

>with a stack
Why would you do this?

What would that look like? A bunch of bits in a queue?

because i fucking said so you stupid fucking idiot

Front end means JavaScript and maybe WebAssembly.

Isn't that what tenth graders are taught when doing successive divisions? Like isn't that straight forward and isn't worth starting a thread about at all? Am I missing something here?

Yeah, that's what I said. Raw css and nothing else.

100% if they watch Jana.
Also dont know whats a stack.

did i ask a specific question you idiotic fucking tranny? Answer the fucking question stupid ugly dyke

What the fuck is this purulent fag from picture doing on Jow Forums?

>because i fucking said so
But it is a pointless operation. The most efficient way to solve the problem, and also the most intuitive, does not require any such data structure. None of the operations necessary are stack operations. Asking to solve this problem with a completely irrelevant tool is like asking an architect to build a house, but make sure you use a taffy puller somewhere along the lines.

Whats a stack?

>retarded faggot thinks that im asking for a
n%2
n/=2

i want to bludgeoun youra ugly fucking skull with a hammer

JavaScript is not CSS, nor is WebAssembly. If you need to run an application inside of the web browser, you cannot do with just CSS.

Why would some retarded NEET on an anonymous imageboard be interviewing me for a front end position at a (presumably) desirable company to work at?

Stack? is it edible?

>If you need to run an application inside of the web browser, you cannot do with just CSS.
Good.

> decimal to binary with a stack
OMG math. You know, I'm more of a designer, isn't that what programmers should do?

stack.push(number)
print(bin(stack.pop()))

Comeon tell me whats a stack.

Clarify what you mean by decimal to binary then. Because when most people interpret this, they think "change argument provided in base 10 to base 2". If that is the case, then the rational decision would be to use the modulus, division, and multiplication operators. To add in the use of a stack would be to find a way to use an irrelevant tool in order to solve a problem in a less efficient manner.

it's obviously short to boolean.

did i ask whats efficient? I told you to do it with a fucking stack and i expect you to do it with a fucking stack you fucking NIGGER!

A stack is an abstract data type supporting two operations:

Push: add an element to the stack
Pop: obtain the most recently added element from the stack and remove it from the stack.

Then do what this guy did: You've added a completely useless data structure, but I guess it satisfies a requirement. That said, I would assume any company would want to ship good products instead of just using a technology just because someone told them it's useful.

Again, you're building a house by using a taffy puller.

Attached: Quotes_3175ca_6452355.jpg (1200x900, 91K)

Hey user thanks, I appriciate it. I love technology.

you are one of those stupid muttniggers that just dont wanna listen to the senior and do things their own way till they get fired and cry on stackoverflows autistic interpersonal section about getting fired

you deserve it you ugly little faggot. If i tell you to sort a fucking array in 2^n youll fucking do it and not say a word ugly little nigger

Why would there be a sample of 100
Most places that aren't some romanticized ad company offering 400k starting would be lucky to get one applicant

> That said, I would assume any company would want to ship good products instead of just using a technology just because someone told them it's useful.
If that would be the case, people wouldn't jump on a Docker (2013)/microservices(2016) bandwagon.
Terry, have you been resurrected? Go lie back in your grave. If you have one, you're a hobo, after all.

>he thinks that there is an excess of good front-end engineers

youtube.com/watch?v=qtucUd9FauU

>I'm senior engineer that means I know better
Good job on literally being cancer company that will die within a year.

I think the problem OP has in mind is:
dec=IO.getInput().toInt();
if(dec==0) print("0");
bin = "";
s = new Stack();
while(dec>0){
s.push(dec%2);
dec=floor(dec/2);
}
while(!s.empty()){
bin = bin + s.pop(); // Assuming + catenates strings
}
print(bin);

now this is a smart nigger! EMPLOY THIS GUY IMIDIATELY AND GIVE HIM A FUCKING 30k/y PAY STAT!

No problem. You'll learn more stuff like that in a simple data structures class, likely within the first year of a computer science curriculum.

There's a reason why I'm going into academia and not into a software engineering position. I don't have to deal with morons like you who think, "do things my way, even if it's garbage, because I tell you to." I get to approach new problems in my own way, and if they suck, I will be told by my peers why they suck. I don't have a boss telling me, "you must solve this problem in this way or you're fired."

I also get to teach students how to think for themselves so that when they come across problems like yours, they can rightfully call you out for the moron that you are. You hire engineers for their ability to think and solve problems. It makes little sense for you as a manager to have the audacity to claim you have the ability to tell them how to think.

Here you go, it even uses a stack:

int convertToBase2(int base10)
{
if (base10 == 0) return 0;
return base10 % 2 + 2 * (convertToBase2(base10 / 2));
}

>30k/y PAY
I'm glad I don't work for your shitty company.

for(int i=0; i

Why do you need a fucking stack, other than to return from your conversion subroutine? Are you seriously implying that it's sane to copypasta decimal conversions inline into code? Please don't make me maintain your code.
t.embedded firmware guy with $1M+/yr sales project done almost solo

based ten

Well yes, but you could instead just do

bin = bin + dec % 2
dec = floor(dec / 2);

And use less space.

>30k/year
C'mon man, even postdoctoral researchers make more than that.

Forgot semicolon on first line. Whoops.

I am not sure how to do it with stack(not programmer) but I understand it mathematically, I could write python script easily

Do your own homework

why the fuck would you need a stack for this

Congrats

Probably like 90% decimal to binary is a fizzbuzz teir problem.

A couple of brainlets probably would not get it though

Take a pencil and a piece of paper and try that for a small number, see what you get.

You're deluding yourself if you think academics don't have bosses.

I think best programmers watch Janas videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=WGUSNkmYTaE

I hope the whole question was supposed to be a troll, I might even use it someday if I ever get to interview a new hire again. My embedded spidey sense triggers every time I see arbitrary dynamic memory allocation with no inherent limits, especially the stack. When you have 20K of RAM, you don't do recursion, and you've probably even set the stack region to 2K or less in the IDE or ld config.

the question is a weed out for the "rebels"
"but sir... why,,, do we need a stack sirrr??"
i tell him to fuck off from my office and blacklist him

>30k/y
holy fuck fresh out of university as junior frontend dev 8 years ago i made a 100k.
who in their right mind would work for so little.
even 100k a year is a pittance nowadays in anything IT related.

Not sure why you replied to me with that post, but tail recursion is entirely possible in low memory conditions (and possibly even preferable over other methods)

2/3 of the ~23 years olds you cross on the street are front end developers/bootcampers/or cs students

every single person on planet earth is becoming a full stack developer by night

I have problem with printing this stack - it prints only 1. Why this is happening?
#include
#include
using namespace std;

int main()
{
std::stack binary;
int decim;
//input number you want to convert
std::cin >> decim;
while (decim!=0) {
binary.push(decim%2);
decim/=2;
}
while(binary.top()!=NULL) {
cout

You're doing God's work to keep those smart-ass types away. You should hire only the freshest CS majors, they're almost as cheap as H1Bs, and need less paperwork. You might even get them to do intern work!

So, do you play golf? One of my foursome has to go to a wedding for one of his wife's friends...

Attached: pointy-haired-boss.jpg (196x204, 7K)

ill get the coke you get the 4 new interns

while !binary.empty()

thank you, i should finally learn how to use debugger

i find that hard to imagine. taking a cs bootcamp or doing some webdev training doesnt make you a frontend developer.
i actually had the displeasure of overseeing new hires recently exactly for such a position. we were looking for frontend enginners for a new electron project because some customers complained that our product was only available through the web and had no apps for desktop or mobile.
the interviews were jarring. they could not do very basic stuff. to clarify. we did not have high standards as the project was not difficult and a highschoolers knowledge would be sufficient.
my testing process was litterally the first few project euler challanges.
out of 20 applicants only one person made it past the first. ironically the first project euler is literally fizzbuzz.
only one indian chick made it past the first because we suspected she googled it before hand and could not solve the second problem wich simply calculated fibbonachi numbers.

she didnt know what fibbonachi numbers were.
after i explained how they were calculated she atleast could explain how she would solve it but could not do it.

pic fucking related.
these are very simple and easy solutions one of later hires came up with.
if someone can sole the first 6 or so challanges of project euler infront of us with no googling and only minimal assistance than we consider that person to be able to be hired.
in the last 3 years. we only had one guy be able to solve these out of hundreds of applicants.

the guy we hired now is actually doing back end webdev for us instead of frontend.

Attached: file.png (1920x1040, 143K)

Who are those two and why do they look so familiar?

I go to a top CS school (like that should really matter) and this stuff is trivial to me. We're put through the wringer with C, C++, functional, etc. I haven't had any internships, and I worry about getting a job when I graduate.
These posts give me some confidence.

Attached: droid wipe.png (300x300, 65K)

bin = dec % 2 + bin;

int num = -12345678;
char stack[40];
int len = 0;
if (num < 0) {
num = -num;
putchar('-');
}
while (num && len < sizeof stack) {
stack[len++] = (num % 10) + '0';
num = num / 10;
}
if (len == 0) {
stack[len++] = '0';
}
for (int i = len; i; i--) {
putchar(stack[i-1]);
}

putchar('\n');
return 0;

Scratch disk—you're the joke.

youtu.be/FsPw_wEjBr4

Attached: char.png (1197x597, 321K)

why not
int z = i + j;
i = j;
j = z;

This is correct. OP being a faggot wanted his homework solved using a stack. Hence the given solution.

Also posted this in the tech salaries thread:

Is there some ranking of the pure "intellectual" difficulty of certain positions in tech? Obviously this would lead to a lot of debate but there needs to be some general divisions at least.

I'm looking for a position to have as a goal and would estimate my IQ about 120-130 (this was officially tested when I was younger) but am very lacking in experience.

tl;dr what are some solid positions to consider for someone in between a brainlet and a genius?

wait until you find out about queues and how they can interact!

What are you talking about, miss?

All I can think of is how stacks inherently lend themselves to DFS while queues to BFS.

>if someone can sole the first 6 or so challanges of project euler infront of us with no googling and only minimal assistance than we consider that person to be able to be hired.
Yeah, they don't teach shit like prime numbers in bootcamps.
Though to be fair, the first six are high-school algebra tier, and it's good to understand basic algebra when doing front-end UI stuff, so I guess you'll have to buy a crate of participation trophies first.

>it's good to understand basic algebra when doing front-end UI stuff
Umm fucking Howe?

Attached: Elsa jean reaction 88.jpg (474x500, 21K)

Like when you want UI elements to look properly spaced, instead of just dragging a bunch of shit from a toolbar?

You make me sick.

>Umm fucking Howe?
After one year it becomes boring, and best task are given to those who understand basic algebra.

That is outside the scope of doing front-end UI stuff.
That's having a job in front-end UI before moving on with your life instead of staying in front-end UI, doing it forever and nothing but it ever never growing or changing as a person but remaining a static ersatz facsimile of a human whose psyche had frozen out from the praxis of day to day life several layers of abstraction ago.

if a senior is a retarded nigger like you demanding retarded nonsense, its necessary to notify his superior or the company would go under over time

Remember, the interview isn't just for the company to weed out bad employees, it's for the (potential) employee to weed out bad companies. Many of them develop toxic anti-pattern culture, and you will hate your life when working there. You should read thedailywtf every day so you can get used to the signs.

t = 0x80000000
b = [str((t >> x)&1) for x in range(32)]
for c in reversed(b):
print(c, end="")

are you asking for something like this, op?

>tfw you realize divisions are compiler optimized to shifts anyway
>tfw you realize manual shifts may be slower
>tfw you realize all you did was make the code less readable
Good fundamentals

Attached: Star Trek Enterprise Scott_Bakula_in_front_of_green_screen.jpg (281x281, 13K)

Maјкy мy цигaнcкy јeбeм дeбeлy

Attached: 1538516448151.png (498x594, 122K)

int n = -12345678;

bool lz = false;
for (int b = 31; b >= 0; b--) {
char c = '0' + !!(n & (1

how many people in a sample of 100 all applying for a "janitor" position do you think can solve a simple exercise like

"make me a lamb roast"

This is my Serb-free safe space
REEEEEE

You keep saying "stack", but all I'm hearing is "list".
let rec bin_from_dec x =
match x with
| 0 -> []
| x' ->
(x' mod 2) :: bin_from_dec (x' / 2)
in
List.rev (bin_from_dec 13);;

- : int list = [1; 1; 0; 1]

Attached: Mr Doovdé BIG.jpg (510x383, 57K)

I hope you find a serb in your gf tomorow
Feget

Once you pop the fun don't stop!

Is this ocaml? God, looks like perl on acid.

Recursion uses a Stack so:

function getBinary(val) {
if(val === 1) { return "1"; };

return getBinary(val/2) + val% 2;
}

Sorry, I'm on the phone.

based rustposter