Is the HM Aeron a meme?

I'm shopping for a chair, and this is the top result on every search I do. The chair is butt-ugly and has no head-rest, so I refuse to believe all of these people aren't just shills paid for by HM. I've been in a lot of shitty chairs and I've never had back pain, so I figure all the those expensive adjustable features are really unnecessary for me. I just want something sturdy and long lasting. What does Jow Forums sit in?

Attached: Screenshot.png (328x547, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

officedepot.com/a/products/690690/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Series-Ergonomic-Mesh/
amazon.com/VIVA-OFFICE-Executive-Adjustable-Armrests/dp/B00DQKJIP4
amazon.com/SET-Office-Addiction-Rollerblade-Replacements/dp/B01IL7ATFY
staples.com/Staples-Professional-Series-1500TM-Mesh-Chair/product_1678457
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

absolutely not

it is, bar none, the most comfortable chair I've sat in. I wouldn't pay that price tag, there are some Sealy branded chairs whose padding makes it nearly as comfortable for a fraction of the cost

I've got the Office Depot version of the Aeron - it's like $300. Worth every penny.

Any chair that isn't mesh will go to shit within 3 years.

I'm iffy about the mesh. I live in a cold area so having a puffy chair is a plus. I feel like mesh would make my butt fall asleep.

Thre aeron is a work chair, maybe what you want ia a lounge chair.

How much do you weigh. I'm not convinced mesh can last under 250lbs I weigh. This is the first time I'm buying my own chair, so I'm open to try it out, but padded leather has never really failed me.

I'm 190 so yeah, weight isn't an issue. I think the chair is only rated for up to 245 if I remember right.

I weigh 225 and haven't had an issue

the puffy chair will eventually compress and lose its puffiness and then your ass will really fall asleep

do the arms fold out of the way?

Anyone know a good chair like the Aeron with a high back? I like to rest my head when I recline.

officedepot.com/a/products/690690/WorkPro-Quantum-9000-Series-Ergonomic-Mesh/

I don't know, I only sat in it for a minute

my suggestion when looking for a chair, avoid "gaming", "racing", and "task" chair, you'll generally be happy

I've used one at my mom's work, they are pretty comfy.

Not a meme. You don't need a headrest unless you are a fat lazy shit. it will make you sit properly and it is fucking comfy. Then again I'm not an obese neetlord so can't advise you of how suitable it might be for you

B-but, xxGamerGrillzxx/Twitch told me this chair she was paid to use was the best!

Attached: 61Z7ap1ns3L._SX425_[1].jpg (425x425, 17K)

Aeron comes in 3 different variants. A, B and C.
They each have a different ass size, back size, and corresponding weight.

I think the strongest ones does over 300lb

I'm not fat, just tall and broad. I like to support my head with something my monitor sits below my normal periphery when I recline.

this one looks good. I'll probably be getting it. Do you have one yourself?

It's comfortable, the herman miller embody is also nice, but I would never ever ever pay $1300 or whatever the msrp is. I would pay $300-400 max for either

I own one. Get a second hand one. Don't pay for new. If a part breaks you can get replacements either from the manufacturer or second hand as well. Literally every part can be ordered. I've had mine(second hand) for 3 years and it's still pretty fucking great.

if you pay more than $300 for an aeron you're a moron

Price isn't much of a factor as long as it's not more than $600. I'm just not convinced mesh can be more comfortable than padded leather or fabric.

>paying for office hairs
>not just fishing office chairs out of the dumpter

think of a hammock vs a porch swing, which one is more comfortable?

They have these in my college, and I wish I could afford one for myself. Hands down the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.

Well, I think o'm gonna try a compromise with a cushioned seat and mesh back. This is the chair currently in my cart. amazon.com/VIVA-OFFICE-Executive-Adjustable-Armrests/dp/B00DQKJIP4

I say that's a bad choice. get one where the seat tilts when you lean back as well. a reclining chair isn't that comfortable

I was just watching a review, the back of the chair can be tilted and locked at an angle independent of the seat. In addition to seat tilt. Finding a comfortable position probably won't be difficult.

Anyone know a good chair similar to these, but without the godawful wheels?

you can buy a set of castors specific to your needs and install them yourself.

These are probably good: amazon.com/SET-Office-Addiction-Rollerblade-Replacements/dp/B01IL7ATFY

I had a refurbished HM mirra and it was nice, but if you have the cash go for the HM embody. Very happy with it. the chair moves with your spine its pretty awesome. Got mine on craigslist for 600.

i did this untill i saw the video of the chinese bitch getting her colon wrecked by a chink chair

Did you clean the fartgas out of yours?

if you think the aeron is ugly get the cosmos that's same thing redesigned by some Germans this year and sold by HM as well the cosmos

Attached: hermanmillercosms.png (526x305, 170K)

I hate contemporary "modern" designs overall. I like the classic look.

Attached: big-and-tall-leather-office-chairs-photos-office-and-pot-inside-awesome-big-and-tall-leather-office- (300x300, 19K)

Just make sure it's real and not embossed leather or it'll crack and fall apart within a year of use.

Attached: Vintage-Office-Chair-For-Brilliant-Design-And[1].jpg (1000x1333, 55K)

All swivel chairs are a meme. Do yourself a favor and buy one of these.

Attached: 71dt3HMjUEL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1500, 152K)

>zero ventilation
enjoy your sweaty ass during all of summer and spring

wtf is this meme even called?

If you can find them, the BTEC 820 is a great chair.

Gave racing chairs a shot. Never found them very comfortable.

Easy to get gauged on people charging for the look. Finding classic designs made with proper materials and quality is a lot harder than it looks at first glance.

We have one of these at the office. Everyone complains about their knees aching after 20 minutes or so.

Attached: btec 820.jpg (450x450, 16K)

>buying chink chairs
You get what you pay for.

Attached: zTyfHGs.jpg (1024x769, 122K)

strap a dildo on it

>living that close to the equator
Enjoy your 3rd world shit-hole.

Nightmare fuel.

This can only happen with chairs that can lift the user without them standing up. Most chairs don't have this feature.

>getting your butthole pierced by a chair
what a slut

I also have the Office Depot one, looks almost identical to the OP pic.

I only weigh 155 but even when I weighed 180lb the mesh was sturdy and wasn't uncomfortable. The blend of support and comfort on these types of adjustable mesh chairs is basically unmatched.

Also yeah you don't need the head rest, these chairs have excellent lumbar support, you don't slouch in them.

Actually I think the Office Depot one looks nicer.

IMO just go to an Office Supply store and sit in the expensive chairs. That's what I did.

Strange, the closest Office Depot to my location is a state away. A staples near by has chairs I can try out, but not the one from Office Depot.

No quite the opposite. Best chair I've ever owned and it will last forever. They are stupid expensive so dont pay sticker price.

Actually I think this one might be from Staples....

Yeah I looked at the sticker underneath, its this one.

I've had it for a few years and it has no visible signs of wear whatsoever.

staples.com/Staples-Professional-Series-1500TM-Mesh-Chair/product_1678457

it doesn't matter where you live. zero ventilation on your ass will make it sweaty either way.

are you guys literally talking about a Chinese knockoff and calling it the "office depot version"

you don't havea Aeron you poor fucks stop pretending you do.

its not the mesh that makes Aeron good its its complicated like 5part mechanism that adjusts dynamically based on the pressure your back it putting on it its a very complicated chair and was remastered in just 2016 with a new back part.

hospitals literally use Aeron for people with brain damage so their back doesn't fuck up.

just because you have some poor mesh chair doesn't mean you are even close to a aeron stop giving your shit opinions.

Mine does that.
It has better lumbar support than the Aeoron so arguably its better.

Actually I take it back. After looking at the Wikipedia article it doesn't look like the Aeron even has an adjustable back at all, so this "Staples" one is better yes.

no you are a poor cunt with a clone look at a video of how the aeron adjusts im not talking about just leaning back in it all the parts move around its complicated as fuck and no of the cheap "try to look like aeron chairs" do that because its too expensive to make .

Looks nice, thanks for the suggestion.

I don’t live anywhere near a city centre so no cheapo HM chairs for me :(

its not a agjustable back you poor fuck watch a actual video of how the aeron works and stop being retarded poverty teir human feeling good about your 60$ purchase and saying its the same as a 1000$ chair. the reason the aeron is so expensive is it has like 12 dif ball baring joints counter levered off each other

I know what you are talking about because I can unlock the seat, sit down and have it automatically move into the correct position.

Its a $400 dollar chair with better features, the aeron is just an older design, no need to get so buttblasted.

Honestly I think it's overrated but that might just be me. We have these in work and I had known about them prior to working here and found myself disappointed when I was eventually able to sit on one. What am I missing aeronfags? Have I calibrated it wrong? It just feels too still like it doesn't adjust enough, only tilts back.

The chair he linked costs over $300. HM aren't wizards, it's not difficult to produce the same results without the price premium attached to a popular brand.

It's nice, I prefer the Embody though. Recently got a new one through my company's office furniture supplier for like $700.

>samefagging while tripfagging

Nice reading comprehension. They said
>actually
As in "on second thought"

Offices lease chairs atleast where i am and u can buy them 2nd hand from used office furniture sellers. I got mint kinnarps 9000 for 250e. Msrp is around 1000

man oh man , that thing is a beauty

would probably give you chronic back pain into your 40s, but man is it sexy.

>They
He
Don't try and emasculate me with your gender neutral pronouns.

Attached: triggered.jpg (340x344, 16K)

>They
>T"he"y
>Tranny

Oh god what.

I have two at work. The mesh is nice, no sweaty ass. But for extended use I find the front of the seat digs into my legs a little. Not a problem if you get up every now and then. Other than that, well built.

no you have no idea what the aeron does when you actually sit on it. its not just a adjustable back. watch a actual aeron video and shut up you just have a basic mesh office chair its not the same the acron moves to the shape of your back with out you even touching a leaver and multiple sections of it move around automatically your cheap chair does not. that's why aeron is 1000$ and yours is a knockoff.

actually watch a video of what happens when you sit in a aeron the entire thing (like 4dif sections of it) moves around automatically. you can august your back with a nob and think its the same.

I've sat in other chairs that do that. It's not space-age tech.

The headrest comes separately. It is a very comfortable chair, but unless you can find it at a heavy discount used, it's really not worth it. Businesses buy them because they can get them in bulk for a reduced price and it keeps employees happy, it's not really marketed to consumers and there's a reason for that.

I weigh 265, and the Aeron as well as other mesh chairs hold up just fine. As long as you don't go uber cheap (less than $75-100) it really shouldn't be an issue.

you might be fucking retarded, lmao

people who think their Chinese office chairs with nobs and mesh are just as good as auto calibrating aeron which has 10x as many moving parts and joints and literally folds around you and applies pressure perfectly with no adjustment .

>butt-ugly
the aeron is literally the single most revolutionary piece of office furniture ever but ok

>I've been in a lot of shitty chairs and I've never had back pain
this is the same as saying youve smoked a lot of cigarettes but don't have lung cancer yet

>I just want something sturdy and long lasting
have you considered a stack of bricks

my faves
>footrest and recline
jap salarymen sleep in their office chairs, amazon has some, they have a footrest that slides forward from under the seat and the back reclines to almost flat. as a manlet, it is comfy to work with feet up
>butt memory foam
mesh hurts and imprints on you, i like the cocyx pillows that have a gap for spine
>removable armrests
i like sitting at table and resting elbows on table, not armrests. usually, fat wide chairs keep the rests too wide apart for me use comfy. also mesh armrests dig into skin directly, pain
>tall enough
mine is barely tall enough to keep a 90 degree angle elbow with an ikea table. taller tables would be too tall for my chair
>does it really matter?
For years i worked with hard ceramic chair, folding metal chair, and wooden chair. You get used to any chair if you really like using your computer. Office chairs are only very comfortable because most people do not enjoy what they do for a living. One benefit of an uncomfy chair is its easier to do all nighters on a hard surface.

>aeron is literally the single most revolutionary piece of office furniture ever
...so, it's still ugly. That's not a comment on it's ability, it's just ugly.

Yes it is a meme. It basically exists because thousands of people read the internet propaganda and then buy it, and then realize it sucks or is nothing special.

no meme. I have one at work and home. The only reason I have one at home though is because I have a friend that works there and was able to get me one half off.

I'm 280lbs and have been using the same aeron for 5 years at home and now problems yet.

>image being so fat that you find any chair comfortable

I have an Embody, it's the best piece of furniture I've ever owned

this uses same complicated mechanism and is made from same factory and is just coming out this month and is objectively not ugly thou.
also shroud owns one so every one wants one now and dxracer will make a clone of it soon.

Fatties

Any one knows a decent chair for less then €120?

Chair newbie here. Is this better than the IKEA Markus that I currently have?

Ikea crap vs one of the most engineered and researched chair in the world.
Oh idk maybe it's not better. /s

>/s

Kill yourself.

How do you convey sarcasm on a text based platform dumbass?

lol no stfu an kys

>/s
That bait is too low quality to even post a pic.

Mesh chairs are fot fatasses.

put computer on the floor and squat