No0b here. Where the hell do I start...

No0b here. Where the hell do I start? I have been lurking here and there on and off for a few years but have never been able to find an 'in' with computer programming, computer languages or computer software development. I'm more interested in philosophy, law and issues that affect the health and safety of everyday good hearted people. I have read that alot of people interested in software and security are people who are passionate about spreventing unjust things happening in the world. I just can't seem to understand or grasp exactly where to start or what I should be doing.

Attached: images (3).jpg (597x513, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zBFB34YGK1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lol just download eclipse and write some code nigga how hard is it

kek

Start with C. Learn it daily for 2 months and move to OOP language such as c++ or java then u can tackle any language after that if necessary. Also learn linux, discrete structures and check introduction to algorithms book

Try making Vidya. It's a good programming exercise and it will teach you to be anal about performance and efficiency (once you start your first computation-heavy project). I suggest going with love2d as engine which runs Lua. A better starter language is C but making complicated shit like graphical apps is far from trivial in it.

Alternatively if math isnt ur strong point go str8 to webdev

>webdev
>programming
It's basically just fetching shit from database and putting together chunks of text.

Yes i know but it's still well paid and i even spesified that if ure mathlet u should go this route

You're not interested in programming.

Use Python or a really easy to learn language, so you can accomplish basic programs and maybe will give you some oriented interest and finally start with programming, or just do something else in life.

Do philosophy, law and issues that affect the health and safety of everyday good hearted people instead

either a book or some tutorial online just to get started. if you hae a goal of, say, creating some sort of a video game, 2d perhaps, you'll be wondering how to do this and how to do that. Once you get started trough a tutorial or a book, you'll know the very basic shit just to get started, like printing text or inputting shit, etc. more importantly, this will make it easier to google what you need. You'll know what you need. As you google more, you'll discover more shit, and so on. Just get a goal and start off with anything basic that isnt retarded.

Here you go

Attached: SICP.png (1024x768, 384K)

>math
The math is fucking easy. If you've studied philosophy, you're already prepared. There is no complicated math for building software. A fucking highschooler could learn it.

youtu.be/zBFB34YGK1U
I just found this video and it's clear and easy to understand, if anyone is in the same boat as me, struggling to stay afloat on the sea and can't access the moat around Jow Forums then this seems to be, a good video for thee.

Because when you are new, and there is something you want to do, you want that knowledge to be yours, not in the hands of a select few who prevent information from being actualized, rationalised, capitalised and fratenized, patterns unanswered and puzzles fractulized, people tracked down and magnified, system should be safe if I patch it right, is it okay if I reach to my spine and grab back the knife clean, thats true like Boolean, acting like a fool on the scene. Y'all already probably know I google boobies, order books and a few good movies. To check it

what if youre full stack

im just learning some javascript with freecodecamp right now

Attached: madmen02.gif (610x345, 226K)

print("Hello World!")

wow so hard op, dont try it yourself though you might get stuck

Teaching yourself how to code isnt too hard, I taught myself c++ in middle school.

What got me down the rabbit hole of software autism is installing arch, vim/emacs, etc. and learning new software to improve my workflow/allow me to be lazier. Its become a hobby.

So just install manjaro or something and start learning.

read "automate the boring stuff" and create python scripts that make your life easier as practice

Write some shitty Java programs and once you feel like you know enough to take off the training wheels give c/c++ a go. Though don't just program for the sake of it, have a goal and then just use google whenever you get stuck.

Attached: 1474103696144.jpg (736x682, 69K)

CS50

Become a tech lawyer, friend