Which hardware community is the worst?

I used to hate mac users because they're dumb as shit and all carry a misplaced sense of superiority while they blog on their overpriced and under-performing, twigs of computers.

But the fuckin thinkpad community is almost worse nowadays. Redeemably, they actually use computers, but their brand loyalty is almost worse that Apple fanboys in any online community you go to. God forbid you run windows on a thinkpad, if at all possible you should always be compiling a copy of gentoo linux to appease them.

I swear there's nowhere on the internet to talk about computers without either of these two communities shitting the bed.

Attached: fuckpadandfuckbook.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>tfw i own a mac and a thinkpad
stay butthurt fag

Attached: image.jpg (500x432, 111K)

mactoddlers by far

Attached: 1534246935729.jpg (3936x1888, 1.68M)

I own both as well, that's why I'm so butthurt. Any time I check online for answers to problems, it's like both communities just tear you apart for not just worshipping the company that designed it.

Reddit shit the bed when I posted a picture of my thinkpad with the logo taped over.

Same lmao

TPfags have a reason legit reason to have a sense of superiority. Macfaggots do not.

Attached: 1514168261267.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

>but their brand loyalty is almost worse that Apple fanboys in any online community you go to.
Let's unpack this. You are suggesting that the /tpg/ crowd is very brand loyal, more so than Apple users. Let's further examine that claim and compare it to the evidence.

>Libreboot-compatible models:
>T60 (check lcd), X60(s/t); X200(s/t. -s requires soldering), T400(s)/500; W500.
>Modern models:
>X220/X230 - 12", 768p, cheap and light
>T420/T430 - 14", 900p, widely available, socketed CPU, both Coreboot-compatible (Ivy Bridge CPU support on T420); Quad Core >Compatible, Old keyboard swap on *30 series
>T520/530; W520/530 - 15", 1080p, DTR, 32GB RAM on quadcore models, USB 3.0
>T440s - best price/performance ultra portable
>T440p/540p; W540/1 - Last Thinkpads with socketed processors, easily replaceable trackpad (W541 doesn't need trackpad replacement)
>Upgraded models:
>X210 - X200/X201, i5 8250u quadcore
>X62 - X61, i5 5250u
>T70 - T60, i7 7700 hq

So as we can see, the /tpg/ crowd is very conservative and particular with its recommended models of ThinkPads. For one, /tpg/ does not recommend anything recent. In any given /tpg/ thread, you can find at least a few comments denigrating the latest work of Lenovo, often calling them lelnovo or chinknovo. Does this sound like brand loyalty?

/tpg/ is almost completely unwilling to purchase anything released from Lenovo within the last year, let alone anything not pruchased on ebay or craigslist. Does that strike you as brand loyalty?

Your typical Apple fans will buy directly from the Apple Store or from Amazon.

The comparability between /tpg/ and your typical Apple fans is greatly lacking. /tpg/ fans don't go to Lenovo events, they don't care when a new ThinkPad is released and they certainly don't buy anything new from an authorized retailer.

Basically, your argument is shit and you are dumb.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1519763663250.gif (500x491, 376K)

Thinkpad users are gay furries.

umm... sweaty

Attached: 1524957183663.png (823x830, 592K)

like this guy said 'thinkpad fans' are fans of the products they own rather than the company/brand

But other brands are a better value used such as dell precision or hp elitebook. They are of a similar quality but their used pricing is making them the same price as thinkpads two CPU generations older.

I think you just spend too much time on Jow Forums and macrumors

>spending any time on macrumors

Attached: 1535046019215.jpg (996x954, 323K)

i cant speak for elitebooks quality as i havent used one (was looking at getting one)
dell precision and latitudes (2012ish) are pretty good
pricing depends on where you are, i find thinkpads x00 - x30/40 are pretty much the same prices if you go by resellers, you can find them much cheaper by individual people on ebay and the like.
personally i just recommend what ive used and similar, which happen to be thinkpads. if you live somewhere where pricing is different then get an elitebook but ukfags like me have them all at the same prices. even tpg understands that elitebooks and latitudes are pretty good, as long as they're part of that business experience. so yeah idk

both are toxic
get a win 7 desktop

didnt mean to reply to myself lmao, what i get for not sleeping

>Let's unpack this.

Attached: 6699ecc3e45f2968d0e4eb99e3fbccf7479dd4ca543670d1df2e6817a6353115.jpg (1105x738, 61K)

I wonder how disappointed he was when they moved a away from the big cat naming.

Same here. I use the Mac as a DAW

What about hackintoshes on thinkpads?

Wintoddlers by far.

Attached: 1531037477735.png (814x806, 31K)

>bundling up everyone together based on stereotypes
>getting autism triggered by other people
Maybe you're the problem OP.

>windows is hardware

>but their brand loyalty is almost worse that Apple fanboys in any online community you go to. God forbid you run windows on a thinkpad, if at all possible you should always be compiling a copy of gentoo linux to appease them.
That's just /tpg/
Any other thinkpad community will berate you if you give anyone shit for running windows or buy a new thinkpad (as long as you buy the right ones)

And the noncretins on /tpg/ will agree with you

It is a bit annoying when you want to replace your 5 year old laptop with something more powerful and you get ThinkPad asshats telling you with a straight face to buy an 8 year old laptop

It's true, though. You can upgrade an 8 year old TP to run just as well as any modern laptop.

I use Void

Attached: 1539886892394s.jpg (187x250, 5K)

this

Attached: 1529141251269.jpg (477x637, 35K)

some are, I assume, straight furries

Jow Forums - consumer electronics

It's the consumerism and advertising board what did you expect

I want zoomers to leave

The people who own both and defend it like the many autistic fuckrods in this thread right now.

Attached: a133b5379ae45eb454137ba21eea54cdd0d21eb6387ebce502d0c044413a8eb1.png (500x567, 170K)

Both you and the mactard ultimately just clicked a "buy" button on a mundane consumer product and won't shut the fuck up about it. That's really what OP is talking about, even if he doesn't realize it.

Being particular about which pieces of cheap plastic you obsess over and feel smug about using doesn't really make it any less idiotic or sheepish.

>God forbid you run windows on a thinkpad
Not just on a Thinkpad, but anywhere. Windows is shit and should never be used.

macs
but both are terrible
this but unironically
thinkpads are tools
i buy a tool to do work, and get attached to it because it functions well
macshit is about buying shit because it can raise my status in social environments, and then being attached to it because it is the item that earned me that status

Fanboys. No matter who/what/where.

Attached: 1516502717533.png (1059x600, 418K)

My thinkpad breaks but parts are cheap and easy to find

OP, it's a matter of opinion on which community is worse. Applefags and ThinkFags both have their cancerous people (look at half of /tpg/), but both also have people that use what works for them.

>it's like both communities just tear you apart for not just worshipping the company that designed it
To what online community does this not apply? Step away from tech and ask a question about your favourite manga, artist or composer and you also have spergs coming for your ass.

Also fuck Bach-fags.