What are the best ways to create gui applications for linux. Looking for c++ and python methods

What are the best ways to create gui applications for linux. Looking for c++ and python methods

Attached: 42406110_322548708559862_3409547855070016724_n.jpg (1080x1080, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opengl.org/
wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter
sfml-dev.org
reddit.com/r/linux/comments/94t8cm/moving_beyond_themes_sam_hewitt/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Program it.

>he wants to make GUI applications

Attached: image.jpg (207x193, 46K)

But seriously Qt or GTK for C++ or TKinter for python.

Useless answer

No, other people want gui applications and I want to build them. Also some things are better as a gui

ranger is proof of that

> c++
opengl.org/
> python
wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter

The rule with anime is that those offering an opinion whilst posting an anime picture have an opinion worth only half a normal opinion. Those with MLP imagery have effectively no opinion worth considering.

What

Attached: 1540980533710.jpg (1280x869, 195K)

Qt5,
Holy shit is it easy to do.

qt

That's a man, right?

>against gui
>posts anime
shouldn't you be posting text light/web novels instead

Nope that's @estefanniegg

Attached: 32593896_206779070049164_4160897735781777408_n.jpg (1080x1350, 117K)

You fucking don't you Windows-user turned "linux" (ubuntu) user. Write a damn command line and for the love of Christ use vim

sfml-dev.org

For the love of god please use QT5.

Make 20100/11/5 14: 41 Momma, Invake and Evenk Revive on Mars and Venus 'Abramerin' s Sistrum?

___ ___ ___ 0 ___ ___ 0 ___ ___ ___ 0
Did you make me Malta with Abramerin? (13: 43) ( and are 2018/11/5.)
For the Old Testament of Judea, Christ, Islam for Codex (Zodius Zodiac, Beast Belt) Abramerin etc? (13: 02)

Magnifi (magnifying glass?) At 14:24 on November 5, 2018? 14:32 Hippolyte Tea (suicide)
13: 48 Hotentot? 14:03 Is flux (painting, Mona Lisa) related to Sistrum? 14: 18 Sistrum?
13:40 Does the security trouble also use abramerin of flux (painting, Mona Lisa)?
13: 27 The turban grill of the turban shell? 13: 40 ● By using Aum Shinrikyo and flux (painting, Mona Lisa)?

● The Old Testament in Judea, Christ, Islam is the Codex (Zodius Zodiac, Beast Belt) of Abramelin
Is not it to use such as? (13: 02 of 2018/11/5) ●

A dream of 11/5. There were colorful watermelons in the muddy rice field full of mud on the back of the house and my brother 's voice came from the upper right when I tried to take a picture.
It seems that he says something is going to be gathered, after that, he also made a strange man's voice. After that information flowed,
June 12? 16th 16th? 21st? I think it is something, but I feel like I have seen such a dream twice more, but I can not remember it a lot.

2018/11/5 at 13: 06 this time? Hotentot? 13:08 And there is a say on the back and it sounds terrible, is not it? Rock? Homer?
8: 55 ▲ Thinking in? Rubbing feces on girls? Ebenki? Homer? Babe's mourning voice?
8: 47 How old are you? The voice of the baby from the lower right? I will not do anymore ~? Homer? (Magnify; enlarge? Show big?) Hipporito
6: 52 Work ?? Hotentot? Arslan warfare? Middle East? Mongolia? A lion? Invincible? Hipporito? Song of Kinnikuman

I use gentoo and I use vim.

Shoo degenerate child

Attached: 1511840864403.jpg (529x502, 33K)

Skeleton python window.

import gi
gi.require_version('Gtk','3.0')
from gi.repository import Gtk

class windowclass(Gtk.Window):
def __init__(self):
Gtk.Window.__init__(self)
self.set_size_request(500,400)
self.connect("delete-event",Gtk.main_quit)
self.show_all()

if __name__ == "__main__":
win1=windowclass()
Gtk.main()

>write a command line

Attached: 480.png (390x470, 6K)

import gi
gi.require_version('Gtk','3.0')
from gi.repository import Gtk

win1=Gtk.Window()
Gtk.Window.set_size_request(win1,500,400)
Gtk.Window.connect(win1,"delete-event",Gtk.main_quit)
Gtk.Window.show_all(win1)
Gtk.main()

that was cringey

Cozy way is to just throw up a local web server and do it all that way. Seems a little fucked, but works really well, cross platform and great for configuring the odd thing.

I do that with my Go tools. Got a little systray icon and you click it, opens a browser and spins up the server. No extra deps either.

>Switch to Fish
>Open configuration
>A web browser opens

>fannie
right there in her name :/

i feel as if pythons qt package is better featured than tkinter, but either are good for a beginner. if you're already a decent programmer they won't take you long to pick up.

>Write a damn command line
epic

Qt for 2D, OpenGL for 3D

LMFAOO

I like you

if you just want a quick and dirty C++ application, just use GLFW and dear imgui or nuklear. Everything else is just miles of bloat especially if you just want to gather a few inputs and have a few buttons. both of the gui frameworks are immediate mode, so instead of doing something like
auto button = new Button("My Button");
button.onClick(some_goddamn_callback);
window.add(button);

you just do
if(button("My Button")) { /* button was clicked */ }
really neat for rapid development, and both were initially designed to create quick and dirty graphics or game tools. they've both really been pleasant to work with and i can't recommend them enough. of course, they introduce a dependency on opengl, but any computer released this millennium should be able to run whatever you crank out, possibly even in a software mode.

If you were to do this for a python program, would you have to use html/css for the browser gui, or would tkinter still work?

anime website

What kind of application? The simplest would be electron.

why is that guy wearing a ribbon and lipstick that's hella gay

>gui applications for linux

Attached: pepe1.jpg (951x840, 62K)

Based and redpilled

>tfw no qt code gf
why live?

1. join the GTK community
2. encounter GNOME employees and realize that GNOME is a corporate enterprise as free as Microsoft, and that it controls development of the Linux desktop
3. quit the GTK community
4. quit Linux
reddit.com/r/linux/comments/94t8cm/moving_beyond_themes_sam_hewitt/

you must have low self esteem if you hang around such people

I know you're baiting but I actually felt pain reading a Jow Forumsentooman suggesting electron

Attached: 1448111404138.jpg (399x550, 61K)

>Write a damn command line
based and redpilled

Google "single-header immediate mode gui C++".
Pick any one you like.

Qt, definitely.

Must be.
Thick arms.
Suspicious face.

Op asks for GUI tools, posts a trap and everybody says "Qt".
This is a carefully crafted bait.

I said qt, but I was talking about the qt trap.
Didn't even read the OP.

that is not a trap retard. real girls do exist

You want to create GUI applications for a kernel? Or did you mean applications for a system consisting of the Linux kernel and GNU core utils?

trannies need flogged

>tfw no qt Qt framework developer gf

>gtk++
>wxwidgets
>qt

>OpenGL for 3D
Vulkan faggot

Linux doesn't have GUIs, it's command line only.

Compile your C++ domain model down to webassembly, then wrap it in HTML5/JavaScript to call it. There is so much goodness in modern JS frameworks like bootstrap and query to make the resulting design very professional.

All we need now is a means to run this without the browser. My guess is the currently evolving Progressive Web App support in all OS's including Linux makes this more than likely the future path of least resistance.

Does anyone know an open source means to run outside the browser other than bundling as a PWA?

Serious question. How does one get into developing TUIs?
Is it manual or are there frameworks to help with it?

fuck that boi is qt. I want to make sweet love to him

Qt or Electron if you're into cross platform apps

qt5 for c++

pyside2 (qt5 for python)

Stop posting trannies

sciter

Is Dash an option for what you have in mind? It's a very easy framework to pick up