Has a company officially suicided so spectacularly?

Has a company officially suicided so spectacularly?
youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA

Attached: serveimage.jpg (410x231, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=73yT9UXJLT0
store.asus.com/us/item/201810AM040000002
youtube.com/watch?v=jY9cSFRBzJc
streamable.com/crfxj
youtube.com/watch?v=lUkPkOq4BdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Delete this ( °͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Take it to /v/ yah faggot

What is this about, why should I care and most importantly, how is this tech relayed?

>gaymers pay $200 to see an event
>they think Diablo 4 will be announced
>instead it’s just a mobile game made by some chink studio
>massive butthurt ensues

Oh okay, so it's just gay gaymer bullshit

>Suicide
>Literally 5th largest video game company in the world, just behind Nintendo
Yeah, nah

Too young to remember Atari?

You mean the company that is STILL alive and well to this day? I'm familiar with Atari, yeah. This is *nothing* like the E.T. debacle or landfills full of cartridges, or the video game market facing consumer stagnation. Blizzard has three incredibly popular games in WoW, Hearthstone and Overwatch, they've acquired Destiny 2, StarCraft still gets a ton of competitive play in e-sports. They're not going anywhere.

I wanted d2 remaster :/ is this a joke?

To be fair they only announce one remaster a year and they did War3 this year

The lost everyone who worked on d2 and have been clueless about it since then. D2s code is fuck up and i bet they cant actually remaster it without making it a complete abortion anyway. My guess is they wont even attempt it

I seriously doubt this is why they won't remaster it. It's far more likely because they simply don't want too.

Attached: 1529892806982.png (663x613, 51K)

Yeah im sure they considered making a lot of money with minimal effort but decided it wasnt worth their time

That game is old as shit and hardly has people online playing it, why would they bother? Far more money to be made on the other games that people, you know, actually play today right now

Lots of people still play d2 i just played this season and got fully geared. Youre just a fag and your opinions are shit

This is far more likely. Diablo is one of their least popular games and doesn't really have the revenue generating power of their other games. WoW has subscriptions and an online store for mounts and vanity pets, StarCraft is still popular in e-sports, Hearthstone has microtransactions, etc. The only option they really had was a mobile game since that's the only platform a Diablo title could work with microtransactions. The franchise needed a fresh revenue stream.

Says the kid playing a shitty 18 year old game

I dare you to find a game that's been practically abandoned for 16 years with as active a userbase
There are more people playing D2 than there are playing D3 at this point, probably

>old game bad
Again, shit opinions

Nobody actually cares, just NPCs doing what NPCs do

And how many of those people would keep playing if they had to pay a monthly fee? 95% of them would disappear overnight

Don't go to publisher events if your job isn't paying you to go.

Oh I dont doubt that, I'd stop playing that same day too
I'm just saying that there's not so few people playing D2 as you think

remastered diablo 2 would be the easiest money Blizzard ever made. I fucking guarantee it.

For me the Diablo franchise ended with Diablo 2. It's spiritual successor in terms of gameplay is Path of Exile.

Also, Blizzard fucked Warcraft 3 lore in WoW. Fucking faggots.

I brought the game, I've seen the online activity. It's really not that active at all. The only reason people even play online is to mine for hard to get gear, that's it.

WoW pretty much killed Blizzard. They realized they no longer had to put in effort to make money, just string people along with scraps.

>the only reason people even play online is to mine for hard to get gear, that's it.
That's literally the entire ARPG genre described in 1 sentence

THIS

on a tangent here:

can anyone recommend any good games that feel like diablo 2?

PoE

Friendly reminder that millennials will never experience the good times of Blizzard games back when Blizzard North was alive until 2005.

Attached: 1538449247906.jpg (668x595, 220K)

PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight
From best to worst

>dumb cucks who unironically harp on about MUH TOXIC COMMUNITIES, supported diversity, hottest memes like lootboxes, and feminists are angry when developers sell out to the normies

/v/ get out, you literally deserve this. I bet half the cucks at blizzcon will buy into this shit too.

At least Blizzard will never be able to fuck SC, since their entire income stream from Korea will vaporize overnight.

Back to

>half the cucks at blizzcon will buy into this shit too
youtube.com/watch?v=73yT9UXJLT0

Not my cup of tea personally, I got bored with it after a few weeks even with mods. I may play it again at some point though, never got around to beating hell on solo

Fuck you nigger *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Tell me about how all the retards boycotting COD MW2 went through with their boycott.

>they think Diablo 4 will be announced
Their fault entirely. It's made by some chink studio because Blizzard is making the game they actually want but this is all somehow an issue. There's 40 year old men throwing a tantrum and acting like infants over this.

to be fair that game is shit

Those same 40 year old men already preordered Warcraft 3 "remastered", a game that aged like sour milk and is going to be as dead as Quake Live

There's a difference from buying a game and expecting to pay for microtransactions on a mobile game imo
Either way the 80-20 rule applies on such things
Now what IS going to probably happen, is that this will be huge in the chinese mobile market and blizzard will make more money than they ever would remastering D2 or making D4

I'm just saying gamers have no self control. The MW2 boycott, just like the L4D2 boycott didn't work because the boycotters bought the games anyway. Gamers have no teeth, they're good little slaves

What do you expect from literal kids?
I mean we are talking about average /v/fags, right?

use "commit suicide" instead of "suicided"

how to fix this thread:
"what stupid fucking mobile smartphone will you use for playing this!?"

Well let's think about this, what kind of grown fucking man plays video games religiously? Obviously not one with any ounce of self control

>millennials

Attached: 1540505478548.png (625x626, 111K)

Speaking of which
When do you think gaming smartphones will become a thing?
Apparently something of the sort is already selling in China, when will it poison the west?

If we're lucky, never. Yet I'm positive there are hoards of people stupid enough to buy something like that, just like "gaming laptops"

ummm..... sweaty

Attached: 1531764811134.png (964x685, 255K)

Will become a thing != exist
Touchscreen phones existed before the iPhone

>they've acquired Destiny 2
No, they didn't, it's the other way around.

>Blizzard has three incredibly popular games in WoW
Not to mention that their parents company Activision Blizzard makes some of the largest game franchises to ever exist.

>You mean the company that is STILL alive and well to this day? I'm familiar with Atari, yeah.
Apparently not.
Here's a quick history lesson:
They were bought by Warner in '76, who sold them to Tramiel in '84, who merged them with JTS in '96, who sold them to Hasbro Interactive in '98, who were bought by Infogrames in 2000, who then spun them off into "Atari SA" in 2001, who renamed it to Atari Inc. in 2003, and then bought them out completely in 2008, merged and a wholly owned subsidiary of Infogrames. Namco Bandai bought a 34% stake in them in 2009, and then bought them out entirely, and then the other fork of atari went into chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2013, came out of bankruptcy, and it's that french company that somehow has the name "Atari" that's putting out the VCS.

They are not "still alive and well to this day"

>Blizzard Entertainment LLC
lol
actiblizz didnt suit ya?
you know he was talking about how blizz is not going the way of atari, right? lol.

They couldn't even learn from Bethesda how to announce a shitty mobile game, because Bethesda did it the right way, they put a short completely meaningless trailer for something far from being released around their shitty mobile game so literally no one was bothered.

If blizzard had started with DR or D2 remastered and then mentioned that there will be some mobile game coming out in the meantime none of this would have happened.

Millennials grew up with those games...

I already own an Asus™ Republic of Gamers® phone with a world-beating 2.96GHz 10nm octa-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845

Attached: 02_design.jpg (2560x1284, 89K)

you are an idiot and have very limited reading comprehension - clearly.

great deal
store.asus.com/us/item/201810AM040000002
only $899.99 excellent

What technology do I need to purchase to have the confidence of this man?
youtube.com/watch?v=jY9cSFRBzJc

Robot gf

streamable.com/crfxj

I want to be a druid and summon gay ravens.

Attached: 1538107311780.jpg (360x360, 25K)

>snide remark with crowd cheering him on
>SO BRAVE

This can't be reality

Ok, I meant zoomers are whatever they are called.

If anything the important bit is that google is willing to manipulate ratings even for something mundane as this

Attached: 1541281270430.jpg (3847x5356, 3.86M)

So how come they listed their trailer 3 times?
How come they are deleting any critical comment? How come they are deleting dislikes?

Also sageru, mods move this shit.

Attached: persist.jpg (614x464, 41K)

I saw some pictures of their testing area for the new mobile game, it was literally an entire room of empty tables with a few guys huddled in the background talking.

Look at all those adoring fans who can't wait to try the next Blizzard game!

Attached: wheredaplayasat.jpg (901x676, 63K)

>I'd would have thrown that "Is this game a joke" dude out of the convention.

Holly molly, just searched this and man, that was awkward and quite funny.

Here is the video for those interested (1:00)
youtube.com/watch?v=lUkPkOq4BdY

>gayming "journalists" and some guy from Basedny
Wow, it's fucking nothing.