Previous thread:

Attached: 122.jpg (1200x1200, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clogica.videoconverter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>anime
Hi!
Go to hell.

Where do you think you are user? 4"chan" ??? Ring a bell yet?

Question: My keyboards keep gettig fucked. I don't want to spend tons of money. Should i just get an old-fashioned keyboard and hope its new enough to have usb. Those things must be sturdy af, right?

The cases are, but the membranes are probably crap. Check the

Arrays in Java are fucking me up. I feel like a stupido. All the collection imported shit isn't sticking. Anyone got a half-decent tutorial?

Attached: 1541400144283.png (474x514, 187K)

My cocksleve is so cute!

public static int greatest(ArrayList list) {
ArrayList strings = new ArrayList();

int number = 0;
int i = 0;

for (Integer greatestNumber : list) {

if (greatestNumber.valueOf(i) > number) {
number = greatestNumber.valueOf(i);
}

i++;
}

return number;
}

if (greatestNumber.valueOf(i) > number) {
number = greatestNumber.valueOf(i);
At this part, why is it assigning the value of 'i' instead of the 'i' location in the array?

>Intel N3450
>4GB ram
>64G SSD
>Intel HD Graphics 500

are these specs good for a sub $200 generic China laptop? is it enough for old games like CSGO?

How do I shot web?

>valueOf(i)
>why is it assigning rhe value of i
jeez user cmon, replace valueOf(i) with get(i)

How do I get rid of the prefix when converting images with Honeyview? It's driving me crazy.

I've been up a long time. My bad. I'm dumb.

Is this usually how arrays work in Java? I'm a little worried I'm learning the wrong thing with how different it is in some other languages I've used.

The method get(int) is undefined for the type Integer
scree

is it worth buying more expensive ssd if the only thing I care about is fast response/boot time?

bluepilled

>The method get(int) is undefined for the type Integer
Man, I got it but I feel so dumb.

ArrayList strings = new ArrayList();

int number = 0;
int i = 0;

if (list.get(i) > number) {
number = list.get(i);
}
i++;
}

return number;
}

If you're on Win10, no.
For everything else, 256GB should suffice for speed/reliability.

alt+255 seems to work well enough..

how do I add an optional multicharacter string argument?

parser.add_argument('url', nargs='?', type=str, help='http/https URL')

but that will only take in a single character of my input. how do I get it to accept a whole WORD?

Best way to unfuck/completely debloat a fresh win10 os?

Inb4 install linux

Install GNU.

You can't

What sort of punishment do I need to inflict on an old smartphone or ipod before turning it in for recycling if I want to ensure that no one will ever be able to scrub it for banking information or anything like that?

>live alone
>have my own internet
>laptop is signed into bunch of different platforms and website (Steam, MyAnimeList, WhatsApp)

>visit parents for Halloween at a different state after 2 months
>connect to their internet
>all my accounts get signed out
Is this intentional? How do I stop this

Since some cpus don't ship a cooler with them, why would one get a boxed version instead of the tray version? Especially when the boxed version is more expensive.

Can't. Try 8.1

Does a program exist where you can move the pic you are looking at to one of two (or more) folders quickly?
Like if you are in your download folder and look at a image in windows photo viewer. And you can select two folder, where if you press 1, you move the image you look at to the first folder and the same for folder 2. And when the image is moved, you go to the next pic in your download folder.
>Sorry for shitty explanation

irfanview

Looking at getting a new graphics card. Which is better generally speaking, NVIDIA or AMD?

Thanks
Works perfectly

nVidia are typically higher perfomance, but cost more. They use less power than AMD, so over time they could pay for themselves if you game a lot. They don't work great on linux, not as easy to configure.

No prob. It's the best thing I've found for viewing/sorting pictures on M$, been using it for almost 10 years now. Think you can do like 12 different folders to hotkey-save to.

Can anyone provide reasons for why I'm experiencing black screen crashes playing video games now? I find what'll happen is I'll be fine playing a game for a while and then suddenly I'll get a black screen. I can still hear the game, but the graphics card fans are running and LOUD. The graphics card heats up bad. However, once I let it cool down and switch the computer back on, I find the temps to be fine. Even putting on the games that caused the crash isn't producing a crash and the temps are well within the norms.

Part of me wants to say its overheating/dying but I'm not sure if this is characteristic behavior of graphics cards failing. Wouldn't they be showing bad temps both while idle and under load or at least under load?

Also, as a side note (not sure what relevance this may have), my copy of Windows wasn't properly installed. I used "aomei" to transfer my copy of Windows to this system and there has been some strange things that have happened in the past from it such as graphics card no longer being detected meaning I couldn't boot-up video games (a restart would fix it) and where running Windows's built-in memory diagnostic tool takes me to a "Windows failed to boot" screen.

Could a faulty installation of Windows produce these type of faults?

What's the best software for drawing logic gate diagrams on the computer?

Isn't AutoCAD the industry standard for all drawings?

It could also be your power supply. Bad/old/faulty power supply's can fuck with a lot of shit in your computer.

My laptop keeps randomly shutting down, like the plug was pulled and had no battery. But it's plugged in and has a battery.
How would I begin to test what is causing this?
CPU is borderline idle, temps stay low, I have no explanation.
Several years past warranty so my only option is to fix it myself.

Attached: 1516646260240.jpg (730x728, 64K)

where do you find original battery replacements for samsung tablets?
Can't find anything but chink shit.

Have anyone used KMeans for clustering data represented by longitude/latitude? I Google a bit and everyone says that it's shit for such data frame. Is it worth to convert this into x-y coordinate system?

Attached: 1499519683115.jpg (630x630, 78K)

How would I go about determining if its the PSU?

Also, here's my PSU and other specs if necessary:
Thermaltake litepower 550W PSU
GTX 1050 2GB G1 GPU
MSI B350M Gaming Pro Mobo
Already tested memory so no need to add it.

>buy IP camera for someone
>try it at home for a few days first to make sure it works but set it to static IP
>factory reset and install it in their home
>it works
>go home and get text next day saying it's ded jim
>tell them to try and connect to it over the wifi instead of 4G
>it works and then works over 4G again after that
>get text next day again with same problem

could it be because I didn't make it static?

sup senpai, looking for a heart rate monitor (chest strap plus watch) that supports heart rate variability (HRV) tracking but doesn't require you to set everything up with a smartphone or indeed use a smartphone at all (still don't own one). does such a thing exist?

Attached: C2z165hUUAAdAwx.jpg:large.jpg (632x915, 141K)

I haev problem
I use Vivaldi for my browser, but lately Captcha isn't working properly so I can't do shitposting on Jow Forums
The initial Captcha thing, where you tick the I'm Not A Robot box to get through to the grid of images to click, loads fine but when you tick the box it just loads and loads and never brings up the images
I'm literally using Edge right now to communicate with you guys, it's awful
What do?

Do you want to simulate them or are you just drawing it up to put in an assignment or whatever? If you want to build and simulate a logic circuit try Multisim, if you just want to draw it then MS Visio produces pretty nice diagrams

Any good guides online for how to make an inline firewall out of a debian box? I was just going to use PFsense, but it's been a real pain in the ass getting it working properly on this old thinkcentre I have.

Attached: mDSaT90B6Dw.jpg (1280x960, 119K)

What is a good and free cloud system that I can use to fetch csv data from different sources and store them in a single database, which I can then request from with excel/google sheets?
Scripting language should be javascript preferably, but I could learn others as well, because it's probably not too difficult for such a small task.

>Thermaltake litepower
It's the PSU.

Srs answer: The only way to know is to try another one.

>Good, cheap, laptops?
I have a laptop question but that general seems to be a cult hugbox for Lenovo products, so I'd rather ask here.

What laptops could efficiently handle a GTX1080ti external GPU without bottle necking? Bottlenecking scares me because I can't even begin to comprehend how that works and I don't want to buy too cheap or too expensive hardware. If you can't recommend any, what specs do I need to be on the lookout for?
And yes, I have no choice but to settle for a laptop + external GPU setup right now.

Buy an Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display instead.

Posted this in another thread to no avail but....
>have fucking old 2002 Dell desktop PC
>no wireless card
>want to use it as server with a couple of "portable" HDDs attached so family members (who all use laptops) can use it was wireless backup
>hook it up to router via Ethernet cable
>go through process of setting its C:// drive up as network share
>can see it on Dell
>hop on laptop connected via wifi
>fucking windows share is nowhere to be found
Do I need to get some sort of wireless adapter so that a laptop can see it over network with having to physicallly connect an Ethernet cable to the router?

What's going on with the locally declared ArrayList 'strings'?

Also you're using a for-each-loop, which implicitly makes use of an iterator to walk over your collection. This isn't a while-loop, so keeping track of which index you want to access with 'i' is unnecessary redundancy for what this method is currently doing.

I would encourage you to have a quick read on the differences between how the following three types of loops work.

For-each-loop:
You may want to take a look at what an iterator is if you are having trouble understanding how this loop functions differently from the 'for' and 'while'-loops.

int number = 0;

if (greatestNumber > number) {
number = greatestNumber;
}
}

return number;
}

For-loop:

int number = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < list.size(); i++) {

number = list.get(i);
}
}

return number;
}

While-loop:

int number = 0;
int i = 0;

while (i < list.size()) {
number = list.get(i);
}
i++;
}

return number;
}

Attached: 1496486904917.gif (472x274, 2M)

You buy a Jow Forums pass so you can actually enjoy Jow Forums again like in the good old days

Attached: accel.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

Check all the debloat scripts. Don't listen to the idiots saying you can't.

How do I set an image as my mpv idle screen

Hmmmm, I hope. Means a nice $175 saving for me.

Anyways I've installed Windows again and so far games haven't crashed or anything strange for that matter. Bear in mind I essentially ported a copy of Windows installed to a laptop onto my current system. I encountered problems from the beginning so I actually get the feeling it might've been Windows being incorrectly configured and somehow causing these faults. That said, if it IS indeed the PSU, it brings relief as I wont have to fork out so much money.

Thanks for the advice.

Now that malwarebytes is increasingly more like spyware with it's nagging and automatically activating it's shitty real time protection crap. Auto starting shit you didn't agree to etc
Plus I've installed this thing multiple times in the past week, on windows 10 LTSC (I removed that win10 because it's buggy af)
And a few times on win 7 pro
You get an error where it won't open if you change it to stop nagging you and only set it to work when you launch it.

What is the new go-to spyware scanner? Anyone have any recommendations please?

Will iPhone send SMS messages through wifi now? I know it used to be SMS was cell signal and iMessage was wifi or data. But has it changed now so it will send SMS through wifi?

so I've started browsing Jow Forums lately on my phone, until yesterday I always used mobile data

>use wifi
anyway, turns out I got permabanned from chan years ago for violating rule 14, say, someone else did with my ip address

>so what
nothing I'm just wondering if someone was actually using my wifi while getting me banned or if it's possible that some Jow Forums hackerman managed to use my IP from outside, getting banned doing so (if that's how rule 14 works)

thanks for helping a new newfag

Attached: F827C809-1B4B-48D4-A439-F9D037FDB302.jpg (566x876, 129K)

yeah also wanna know because when my iMessage turned itself off for some reason I couldn't receive any SMS anymore apparently

Want to sell pic related. What's a good price to ask for? [spoiler]In leaf bucks[/spoiler]

Attached: 71xJdSrAPQL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 30K)

why foobar doesn't show my music on the left field?
I assume it suppose to show albums or whatever I select from view

Attached: foobar.png (1906x1022, 68K)

If your IP isn't static it'll renew every week or so, and you got shuffled one with a Jow Forums ban. It happens.

didn't know that thanks, kinda sounds like getting unbanned is easier than it should be though

Yep. Bans only stop the technologically illiterate.
But there really isn't anything you can do about it, without making the entire website require accounts.

$100 CAD

I keep getting banned too for posts on boards that I've definitely never posted on and those posts happened months or years ago. Jow Forums's ban database is just shit and like the other user said, a dynamic IP address is probably the cause. I have a dynamic IP too.
Appeal all bans like this, I always get those appeals approved. They can probably see it in the system that you didn't do anything once a person takes a look at the case.
If you get permabans, get a VPN that gets past Jow Forums's VPN block list.

But the site really needs logins. At least for golden pass users. Logins could save a lot of this trouble for the users and the staff.
If a user chooses to pay for the site, surely logging in isn't too much to ask for.

I have an old 8.1 windows laptop that has finally given its last breath and now I need to get a new machine.

If I wanted to continue from where I left off (hard drive is not damaged), how would I go about transferring my old computer into a new computer so it's like nothing changed?

Will which laptop I decide to buy affect the viability of a direct transfer?

Attached: 1523942217781.png (344x383, 112K)

Is there any good rule34.xxx git hub apk for easy browsing?
Just swiping to go through search results etc..

What? Did my aswer not satisfy you?

halp

thinkpad t420

p.s. video games are for little children. Just like any type of cartoons (including Japan cartoons)

They have a guide for express card GPU and qemu PCI pass through.

Which should I go for?
>Intel NUC
>Gigabyte Brix
>Shuttle Barebones
Budget is 150 euros
Any experience with reliability?

Ok I dunno where to ask this so I guess here is fine

I've got a raspberry pi 3 B+ and this piece of shit won't connect to 5GHz wifi networks even tho it's supposed to be able to do that
iw list only show the 2.4GHz band and I see nothing about a 5GHz band, see pic related
Any idea on how to fix this?

Attached: iwlist.png (1032x1902, 386K)

i have an old-ish windows shitbox with a bunch of shit that runs after login (inb4 remove it, i need all that), boot takes about a minute but then there's about 5 minutes between login and fully ready.
now i could auto-login and fuck off for five minutes, but i'm not exactly comfortable with that. is there any simple way to auto login and then immediately lock it?

How do I convert from Webm to Mp4 on android?

My win7 pc is unable to install a monthly update even after going through the entire troubleshooting process and trying tons of google suggested solutions. I have put that update on the ignore list.
What's the worst that could happen?

Attached: 1539750432774.jpg (251x288, 6K)

help me, bros, thought foobar is a goto music player for windows?
here's a cute 3D female (((male)))

Attached: 08abebc6e7089c87ac97f553f8f622dd_600.jpg (600x496, 59K)

I didn't post that, I agree with you but the thing is that an appeal is impossible if one was already denied

For someone who recently graduated from Uni, is it better to be really good at 3 languages or a beginner at 4+ languages?

Attached: 1512423552703.jpg (250x248, 5K)

Will plugging my USB keyboard to a PS/2 port through an adapter magically make it accept more simultaneous inputs ? It sucks for gaming.

Attached: 2_ps2_ports_580x388-100033071-gallery.png (580x388, 399K)

Ctrl+p, media library, music folders
You need to select folders to scan/monitor for files to show up in that field

What update is it?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clogica.videoconverter

Typically this kind of issue is channel fuckery
Oh and make sure the router is actually configured for 5 GHz ofc

why is it called a trojan virus if the ones who were hidden inside the horse were the greeks?

good at 3
being a beginner at even 21 languages has no use.

I've just checked dmesg and it printed some errors for the wifi driver about some channel not working properly because of the errors
I'm downloading the latest release of raspbian right now and i'll reinstall everything
Also I'm creating the network with my phone and I've checked "5Ghz" and my laptop shows it's a 5Ghz network

Thanks for the recommendation.
Those specs look like garbage for that kind of money though. Why should I go for that?
I'd hook a keyboard and external monitor to it for the most part, the OP post reasons in /tpg/ don't matter to me. I only need a laptop for occasional portability (2-3 times a week for a few hours) and reliable foolproof battery backup.
I also can't see "thunderbolt" or whatver it's called in any of the specs lists I looked up for that.
I don't game. I need it for watching and occasionally editing videos. And work I guess.
You mean /tpg/? Where? I really do belong in the stupid thread.

No, the USB end of the chain will bottleneck it. Get smething else with PS2!

Because that horse was used in the city of Troy and that's what everybody recognises the analogy as. Just go with it!

oh, lol, I had to re add my folders

Literally the only good thing about PS/2 is that it works before BIOS, whereas USB doesn't on older boards
But on basically anything built after 2010 (or 2000 for gaymen/performance boards) that's not an issue

>bottleneck
>keyboard
??????????????????????????????????????????

>Those specs look like garbage for that kind of money though. Why should I go for that?
Welcome to """good""" laptops

>Welcome to """good""" laptops
I don't come here often. Care to explain that to a new friend? Are the Lenovo fanboys the black sheep of this board designated to their own general, or why do you say that?
They did prominently display LINUX in their OP though. I have my own theories.

Those nucs seem to lack a lot of quality control. My friend had one, and the sata cable had a break in it and the forward aux was full of static.
Intel nuc PC kit, the tall one that fits those 2.5 drives.

I don’t really understand (self) in python classes. I get that it’s referring to an instance. But sometimes ill see classes made without it. And sometimes it seems theyre not referring to self at all but another thing.
class Thing:
x = y

class Example(self):
self.foo1 = bar

class Another(self):
my.foo2 = whatever

What are the differences here and how do i know when i need to use them?

>??????????????????????????????????????????
I mean that the USB's slower speed will be the dominant one. I am a retard when it comes to using terms, but I know this for a fact. Even if it'll be usable, you won't get the same speed benefits as with a pure PS2 connection.

If you're booting a bios, the ps/2 will push cpu interrupts which is fantastic, but if you're running modern shit there's no real benefit outside of extreme cases or security.

Ok so I'm a massive retard, I've got a raspberry pi 3 model B not B+ so no 5GHz wifi for me
fuck me I've spent so much time trying to get it to work reee I'm so retarded kill me now

Will buying a single stick of RAM and adding an identical one later one give me the same performance as a dual stick kit?

A laptop will cost 1.5-2x what a desktop with equivalent specs does
Partly because laptops have much higher design costs (instead of "lol just screw everything to the case and plug it in, bam you're done"), but mostly because people will pay for it.

Keyboards send very little data. The way protocols are designed, yes, a PS/2 keyboard is better than a USB keyboard (with standard drivers at least), but the USB protocol has still far more than enough bandwidth than you'd ever need.
For reference:
>PS/2: 1454 keys/s
>USB: 250 keys/s
>peak action rate in pro starcraft competitions: 7 keys/s (short bursts up to 15 keys/s)
>fast typist: 12 keys/s
>very fast typist: 18 keys/s

baka

Anyone? I don't want to buy a machine and then find out I can't use it.