How do I start liking programming, anons?

How do I start liking programming, anons?

Attached: 1540151084192.jpg (694x521, 42K)

Why are you trying to force yourself to like something?

you're supposed to be born with it
perhaps you were made for metallurgy, or forestry

FUCK YOU YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER!

I like computers and I wanna be cool like you

Just start masturbating to sci fi / future / robot hentai and try to force your self into believing that you can space travel in some badass shapce ship while tripping on acid, enjoy begining of your IT career bro.

I've been getting the feeling that the people into those sorts of things aren't the same ones who are into programming. It's like the way people with sisters rarely fantasize about sister incest.

I wish I had sister

When you get paid to do it

>cool like you

Attached: 124.jpg (425x283, 34K)

She'd teach you Java.

How do you know it happens rarely?

It's what everyone keeps saying. I don't remember seeing any actual studies or anything on it, if that's what you mean.

You might as well try to cure the gay out of yourself. Just like how I will always like pussy, you will always hate coding.

If you want my theory, you probably don't have the proper mindset for coding (neither do I), so it's harder for you than it is for people that do have that mindset. Since it's frustrating and forces you to think in a way that doesn't suit you, you don't like it.

IDK user you might start fucking my mom so I can get that sister ASAP.

I've been on Jow Forums for ten years and this is maybe the second or third time tops I've seen someone invite an user to fuck his mom, as far as I can tell, not entirely ironically.

Attached: 1535322351793.jpg (1060x687, 52K)

I don't know how to respond to that, but fine I will make that sister myself.

do it, for great justice

Don't know about the proper mindset but when I am trying to follow a tutorial and see than I need to write over 20 lines of code, I want to kill myself.

Attached: dHmX1.jpg (350x284, 52K)

Liking programming can't be forced, but you could try maxing out the correlations - maybe some of them have causal links.
Programmers are more likely to:
>have high IQ
>be male
>be gay
>be and act white
>see religion as unimportant or harmful (this is certainly causally liked with IQ, so may not be too useful here)
>doubt self
>be leftist or libertard
>not be conservatard, nationalist, traditionalist (also explained by high IQ)
>favor political directions supporting self-expression and not just survival
>deny concepts such as soul, dualism, spirits, world that can't be fully explained by measurements and logic

If any of those points sound hostile to your personal ideals, it is highly likely that you will never like programming and will never be good at it.
You don't need to match all of those (obviously), it's enough that you do not strongly disagree with those.

Once you have the programmer mindset, it's only a matter of finding a nice project that you would like to contribute to.

blatant Jow Forumsack bait

But also 100% true

KYS fag... wait...

Bullshit. Programming is not natural and nobody can like it. Programming sucks.

>and see than I need to write over 20 lines of code, I want to kill myself.
Why? Genuine question.

Attached: 1541400253647.jpg (480x360, 9K)

t. breeder with skin that isn't pale white

Attached: 1510187233638.jpg (345x345, 25K)

>I wanna be cool like you
come back in 10 years and see how you feel

Attached: 1541418307171.jpg (2048x2048, 331K)

because it is boring

You have to be born with the autism OP, if doing code and looking the data structures neatly operate in the memory doesnt tingle your brain, you never gonna make it.

Don't you enjoy creating things? Not necessarily in the "artsy" way, but I also enjoy putting mechanical stuff together, fixing cars, growing plants, doing electrical wiring, to some extent even writing simpler prose. Writing programs is just an extension thereof. If you don't like any of those things or anything like it, then you should probably give up on liking programming too.

> growing plants

Thank me later mister FBI agent.

I do. But learning is boring,

Buy you can't do any of those things without learning something about the craft.

The best advice I can give is to find something that interests you, and apply it to programming in some way. This is true for most things in life, if you're bored, that's because you lack creativity. Change how you view something and you can make anything interesting.

>because it is boring
Then it isn't the path for you.

Start with something easy like shell scripting, there's a ton of help for Microsoft PowerShell or you can use BASH if you prefer loonix. If you find that you enjoy it and you're good at making scripts, then congrats! You're more computer literate than most users. Then you can learn an actual programming language using the basic logical principles you just discovered you had. Take an online course for whatever language you think will be most useful to you, but keep in mind that the language itself is not the hard part.

>tfw enter college as math major
>try out programming because it seems interesting
>love it
>switch to CS major as junior
>everything is great until semester where students take "Data Structures" and "Computer Engineering" courses simultaneously
>really excited for former because math while dreading latter
>end up fucking hating the former because of complexity and reliance on high level code that I didn't write doing fuck knows behind the scenes
>fucking love the latter course because can use all kinds of clever arithmetic to make shit work at low levels where I control virtually everything
>never get the latter feeling again while every subsequent class in the major is more of the former
>graduate Summa Cum Laude fucking hating programming
>take job with local government plugging in Ethernet cables and installing PCs for decent money
>shitpost about JavaScript on Jow Forums

Attached: 1437511840061[2].png (856x960, 773K)