Should I buy used dell precision m series?

should I buy used dell precision m series?
pic related is literally the peak of laptop design

Attached: dellm4600_1_1_2.jpg (620x451, 53K)

T
H
I
N
K
P
A
D

Dont be a brainlet, buy a thinkpad.

these brainlets don't understand that they are Dell's equivalent of ThinkPads.
Yes. Dell Precisions are fine.

Use whatever you want. Dells are good.

I have one. It werks, but it's huge (well I did buy a M6600 after all). And the speakers are complete garbage, unusable garbage.

This. It's Xbox Hueg, but God Damn if the thing isn't expandable to ridiculous degrees. I just put in 16GB of 2133Mhz RAM on my m6800 and I'm planning on upgrading the card to a 980m. Haven't looked too much into the screen but you could jerryrig at least a 1440p into it. The battery life is non-existent though.

>The battery life is non-existent though
Absolutely, and the charger is also fuck huge. I changed my backpack just to fit that mofo in. It's more transportable than portable; if it wasn't for the possibility to change the GPU shall it die (Quadro 4000M), I probably would've picked a 15" version, which is the 4600.

do you know power consumption during idle or browsing?

Precisions are like the ThinkPad W/P line.
Go for it.

Yeah, it's bring your charger at all times. That's one thing I'll give to Apple for all of their jewish tricks: they actually fit big battery cells inside their laptops. You're basically trading portability and battery life for expandability, repairability (basically nothing is soldered) and CPU power (for a laptop). The only additional thing I'll add is that it's kind of a pain to dismantle and clean up compared to a (some?) ThinkPad, where you just have to remove the back cover to directly access the fans. I don't regret it as I knew what I was in for, but not everyone will make those tradeoffs so I should warn you.

They're bulky as fuck.

Pretty sick, it's like a Thinkpad w-meme but newer ones are cheaper than the equivalent, 1080p screens are easier to find pre installed, there are 2 2.5" cages and one msata cage, upgrade graphics, and the wwan slot isn't retarded.

If it's cheap sure
My buddy got one with a K2200M for $300

The M4700 and M4800 are the same chassis but with newer hardware so look for those also

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy80MDQ4L2cvZGVsbC1wcmVjaXNpb24tbTQ4MDAtZzA0Lmpw (775x500, 59K)

I wish dell kept with this design and released them with consumer graphics cards so you could have a high spec laptop without it looking like a spaceship

Ive seen that you can put in an MXM 1050 Ti if it's the right size type. Takes a bit of driver inf fiddling though.

Quadro M2000M is another much newer MXM 3.0A card that is confirmed working in the M4800

T440p or you're a homo

no u

Attached: 130621_HP_8770_Display.jpg (610x553, 124K)

Bump

>numpad
Trash

>those fucked up arrow keys
what a shame