Anyone swapped in their desktop for a laptop?

Why are these things so damn beautiful?
I'm considering selling my SFF desktop for this beauty
Has anyone gone from desktop to laptop and not regretted it?
I hardly do any gaymen anymore so I don't even use my pc for anything other than Ableton and CAD work.

>15 inch 16:10 perfect ratio high dpi screen
>6 core i7 which hardly throttles with patch
>fast ssd
>day long battery
Only thing is it's about 3k for one with 32gb of ram.

>inb4 mad neckbeards

Attached: 2018-MacBook-Pro-Logic.jpg (1920x1234, 718K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/image/-oyYw-FgkEqyTXsN2H_Rpg
eng.vt.edu/admissions/computer-requirement.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the rounded edge meme is so fucking hilarious. Its so cheap and gay looking lol.

>Edges that handle comfortably are a meme

add a docking station + laptop stand and call it a day.

Buy a fucking ad, shitstain

and by docking station, I mean usb-c hub

I like my computers to last more than 2 years.

I agree! It's a well-known fact that edges = horsepower!
These faggots need a REAL GAMER LAPTOP!

Attached: https_%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F331217%2F2fcc0121-0 (950x534, 65K)

Reminder to sage and report.
warosu.org/g/image/-oyYw-FgkEqyTXsN2H_Rpg

I got a dell ultra sharp with usb 3.0 hub. It's pretty great actually. So I would only need to connect two cables to my Mac and have it hooked up to my interface with speakers.
Only thing I'm worried about is the keyboard which is hot garbage. Did they finally fix it or does it still break on you if you live in a dusty place?

go jerk off to gnu threads faggot

Still vulnerable.
Also your device will cook itself to death by overblown TDP specs.

hmmmm...

Attached: Capture_1.png (662x904, 161K)

GROSS!

nah, as I said. I only use my computer for non demanding shit like rhino 3d ( parallels) and Ableton which does need processing power but doesn't tax it to 100% like rendering does.
Imma consider the 2018 mbp if they also give extended warranty for their keyboards. if not I'll have to wait till 2019

honestly i was thinking of buying a schenker DTR (desktop replacement R)

anyone who isnt memeing and can give some advice if its worth doing or not?
i still game but i dont mind running everything on low, but i dont want to have to buy a new comp for a while

Whats the current CPU temp?

I currently use a dell 7450 hackintoshed and it can't run demanding plugins or synths if they're more than 2 meaning I need to bounce shit a lot. It runs Ableton and the likes at about 70-80 degrees
I was surprised cause it's pretty new ( 2015) while my has well i5 desktop can handle pretty intense stuff without a problem. Cores do seem to make big difference. I couldn't try the new MacBook Pro yet so I'm guessing it's probably even faster than the i5 quad core

I dont beleive the 6core i7 doesnt throttle in that ultrabook case with one fan. Thst case was designed around a 2c4t and then they just drop a hot ass 6c12t that pulls more than twice the wattage

Why look, another apple shillfag. remember kids, sage in all fields

I swapped out my 2009 MBP for a desktop and never looked back. The triple monitors has also spoiled me and I really don't like using my current laptop for serious work because it feels so fucking unproductive with only one screen.

>sage
>not report
kys retard

>he still thinks saging does anything
newfag

I have to. Finally using g.i. bill next fall at VT
eng.vt.edu/admissions/computer-requirement.html

That thing is fucking garbage. Save yourself some money and go with 2012-2015 mbp. That meme bar is shit.

I have the 2017 i5 with function keys. Its nice because its a normal 15w cpu so it isnt a housr fire and doesnt drain the battery as quickly. Currently has the best battery life on the market

>SOLDERED ssd fails
>literally can't do anything about it
>the entire machine is bricked and useless because a single component that is replacable in any machine worth it's salt died
pathetic
go shill somewhere else

Ssd failure is so rare

Macs are fucking garbage. Save yourself some money and get a real computer.

Attached: 1527811572006.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

Not on overheating housefire mactrash.

Attached: 1539385856496.jpg (656x611, 84K)

Doesn't matter. Parts that are user-replaceable in any other laptop bricking a macbook because you can't replace them yourself is inexcusable. They only do that because no one was paying for almost a whole extra macbook just to upgrade the storage and RAM when they could buy aftermarket parts for a fraction of the price, so soldering the shit and forcing you to pay for the upgrades was their solution. Fuck Applel.

Yeah 28w cpus in these tiny cases with no cooling is trying to have your cake and eating it too. Hot ass cpus like that need solid cooling

Meh. When I want a new Mac, I sell my old one for 75-80% of the original retail and get my new one for less than $300. Can't do that with a chinkpad.

How do you go about selling them?

Go out on a street corner at night and stick out your fagboi ass.

lmao

>cherrypicking articles before the week 1 patch

the absolute state of pajeets

Only fucking queerbags use macs.

I've been down this road. A laptop is not a replacement for a proper workstation

>the week 1 patch
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1533788746182.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

kek. You chinkpad niggers crack me up. It runs better after the patch so it's shit, but if it ran worse after patch it'd be the same shit.

And no matter how many patches applel shits out, macshit will always be 5X slower than even Acers.

I'd like to but I'd like to run my PC 24/7 for years without cleaning and I can't do that to a laptop without the small ventilation holes clogging up.

laptops are more convenient