Mechanical Keyboard Thread - /mkg/ - Thread for Keyboards and Keyboard Accessories

Traveling keyboards edition.

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

P.T.

Attached: just a keyboard.jpg (1333x2000, 637K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdfans.cn/products/all-over-dye-sub-old-train-pbt-keycaps
thekey.company/collections/gmk-terminal-round-2/products/gmk-terminal_-r2
heart-machine.com/
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2541
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

someone spoke about a Bluetooth adapter for none Bluetooth keyboards, could you lik me that product google only shows those things but for headphones

Why are light legends on dark caps not achievable with PBT? I'm sick of all these overpriced ABS sets.

Just pray to the chinese gods dip-dyed caps become normal.

Shit taste in keyboards, nigger.

You can with all over dyesubs. Without that though you can only dye something that's a darker color than the plastic itself.

Attached: dsa drifter.jpg (1920x1280, 282K)

This fucking faggot....

Since keyclack is out of them, does anyone know where I can find BKE domes in stock?

Name me good all over dyesubs user.

Bonus points: Below 100 holla dolla and no assdrops.

>hk p7 in the corner
Nice

fuck this op. New thread

Are you a retard ? A gun photo for a keyboard thread

Go to the actual thread

Depends on what color scheme you like. That said there are a few sets on kbdfans for pretty cheap.

user this is the comfy redpill thread, aint moving from here

Attached: IMG_20171205_221244_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 1.91M)

It was a massdrop drop some time ago

Well you see with dye sublimating you're burning the image onto the keycap so it becomes a permanent feature. As a result you can't burn something light onto something dark. You can get around this buy burning everything around the legend you want to create, but that uses more ink and a better vacuum chamber

Are you triggered by guns? Like seriously grow a pair.

based OP is based.

be faster next time faggot you fucked up

o man i don't want to dive into the Arduino shields and shit just to make one... how is a product like that so rare i don't get it

>Three /mkg/
So who's the sore loser this time?

Because it's not very good, there is the bluetooth keyboard adapter for 20 bucks

Basically anything but keyboards with images or rainbows is good for me. The more professional and less childish the better.

kek

Attached: 2018-11-05-23:09:24_588x421_scrot.png (588x421, 148K)

so something like this?
kbdfans.cn/products/all-over-dye-sub-old-train-pbt-keycaps
all over dye-sub it too expensive so the chinks just use doubleshot PBT instead

That's actually a new colour scheme I haven't seen before! I wonder if it's actually always 120 dollars, or if they're doing that to make sales.

GMK Terminal R2
thekey.company/collections/gmk-terminal-round-2/products/gmk-terminal_-r2

He has to be naming them "clips" ironically

They actually produced that set years ago and no one bought it, so they're heavily discounting it to free up some space. I doubt they'll make it again though

hey, I remember you, you're that guy with the h9 hudson who can't stop showing off his guns

Are you a genius? I never thought of that.

what's wrong with showing of guns? this is a technology board and he did post his keyboard

>premium ABS

Attached: DSC_1415.jpg (4928x3264, 3.78M)

imagine getting memed by reddit into buying this shit jfc

Fuck off faggot

That's not the worst reddit meme

Attached: WTF.png (673x208, 62K)

If they were at least reasonably priced second hand I would understand getting them. But even then, people on Jow Forumsmechmarket (yes I acknowledged leddit fite me) sell their shit with like a 20% discount at best.

bad post my friend. you didn't contribute at all to the thread, unlike him

Attached: bjarne.jpg (630x303, 79K)

>He doesn't buy good caps on a groupbuy and then sell them later on at a stupid price

I do that with keyboards tho. It's much faster to sell a korean custom on reddit with a 20-30% price hike. sometimes I even cum on them

Yes indeed my good sir. Is there any other knowledge you'd like me to bestow upon you?

where do babbies come from

Typically they are ordered off of amazon, and if you have prime they arrive within 2 days.

Does Bezos inspect them himself? I don't want any nigger babies.

Any keyboards with a removable numpad or one on the left hand side?

There are a couple different models depending on your budget.

Attached: LZ-RV-2.jpg (5184x3456, 1.68M)

Post keyboard.

what kind of script is that?

Attached: wutconfus.jpg (899x563, 118K)

it's from a reddit game

interesting. looks cool

Attached: okhinata.jpg (1366x768, 475K)

Hey i remember this user from Jow Forums 'ello fancy user. Also mx browns are #1

>mx shits are #1

pseudo-weeb

How to spot someone who's never tried anything but cherry switches

>MX Sand

heart-machine.com/

Attached: Hyper Light Drifter.jpg (1920x1080, 219K)

y u mad, cunt?

y u mad, cunt? so many butthurt retards over guns lol.

are you fucking blind? do you not see the filco? fuck off, stevie wonder.

>Posts a shitty keyboard in his gun closet
>Clearly trying to show off gun collection more than be a proper keyboard picture
>Is confused why everyone doesn't like the op image
I guess it's true that Jow Forums isn't one of the brighter boards around here.

>filco is shitty
>buttmad over guns
>a few couple = everyone

lol ok kid lmao

>Filcos aren't trash
Surely you're baiting right

Filcos aren't trash tho

dear mr. dumbshit,

i've owned many mechanical and non-mechanical keyboards. ranging from rosewills to topres, to korean customs. you name it. there have been some shitty boards over the 5+ years i've been collecting, that's for sure, but relatively speaking for the price, filcos are just fine. now stop being a faggot and go back to typing on your corsair mech board, massdrop kit or ibm model m.

>filcos are just fine.
When you're spending upwards of $80 on a product, I'd want it to be more than "just fine":

fuck off, you jew.

Epic comeback, I don't know how I'll ever recover.

> Paying over $80 for a keyboard in general is "fine" or "more than"
>logic
>Your argument even makes a shred of sense

lol

>Pay $80 for a product
>It's alright if it's just mediocre

>implying filcos are only $80
Try double that.

Explain to me why Filcos are trash relatively speaking to other keyboards in the $120 range.

inb4 leds, media buttons and macro keys.

Filcos are the only stock keyboards with mod support and a warranty, so if you want a keyboard to mod, without worrying about fucking something up then get a filco. plus they have the best build quality out of any keyboard

... wut.. do you know how to read and comprehend, retard? i never said filcos only cost $80... i meant spending $80 in general on a keyboard... jesus christ. im done.

I keep hearing this, but what fucking mods can be done to a filco? Putting in a new controller so you can load QMK on it? There are other boards you can do that to.

dis guy knows what's up. i'd go as far as to say CM QFR's are just fine too albeit the single layer pcb but for $50, worth.

I want a quiet keyboard for use during voice calls. I've been looking at a few membrane/rubber dome boards, but I can't find any information on their key rollover. Any suggestions?

Attached: animes.jpg (1000x506, 172K)

Henlo frends

I love my TKL keyboard but I need a numpad for... things. What's a decent looking and not shit numpad?

Why are you pretending to be me?

What do you mean by "mod support" like the warranty doesn't get voided if you mod the keyboard?
If that's true that's actually pretty neat.

or maybe someone just wants the build quality of a Filco, or the aesthetic but still wants the dual layer pcb with modded switches. what is so hard to understand?

As far as I know Filcos are still the only keyboards that have a custom MX plate mod that allows you to open up and replace a switch without desoldering it. Also the other boards that can do that cost more

huh? go to bed. it's past your bedtime.

>As far as I know Filcos are still the only keyboards that have a custom MX plate mod that allows you to open up and replace a switch without desoldering it.
Bullshit. Filcos don't have plates that let you open the switch. Only custom boards do.

You have a single fact to back that one up, friend?

>t. Only uses switches found exclusively on one keyboard which had a limited run of 100 units produced in the 70's

Most of them are sold out, but this one is left
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2541

proof you're fucking ignorant.. jesus christ these fuckign newbies are aids. filcos and cm qfr's were the only stock plate boards that had custom plates with switch cutouts so switches can be modded while still soldered. other boards that had custom plates were cherry 1800 and 3000's by leeku.

how about you fucking do a lil' research before you spew your aids, kid. go play with your massdrop kit.

just get a gaymer rubber dome keyboard with nkro

So your concept of "mod support" is needing to desolder the entire board, removing the plate and replacing it with a different one? Amazing.

Almost all the mods won't void the warranty
Guess I was wrong about Filco being the only ones. Still the V80 has pretty bad build quality

Hello Cherry user

Well yeah that is the definition of mod support since only a Filco has that feature, no other prebuilt keyboard does. You'd need to modify the plate in order to fit a V80, but those have no where near as much support as Filco

It's a shame cooler master doesn't make them anymore

It's a shame that a lot of cm's more unique stuff has gone away.
I'd still love to get my hands on a Novatouch.

Wow, just look at all the plate cutouts here to let you open switches. Oh wait. 2/10 I replied

Attached: 3TSkVyp.jpg (3302x1858, 716K)

>Novatouch
don't remind me. all what we have left is that ugly ass RGB realforce

Attached: Akko_cry.gif (500x281, 230K)

you're not very bright, you should read his post again.

I've been OOO since QFR was the go to first mech recommendation
Why tf did CM stop making a board that the entire internet recommended to noobs?

you know what.. it's my fault for even assuming you might come to comprehend and understand what people are saying here... my bad. i underestimated your stupidity. and no, you weren't trolling. i'll pray for you.

Attached: 0xmkItZ.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

Cooler master wanted to make their keyboards in house so they ditched Costar, which meant no more QFR