Attached: images.jpg (234x216, 10K)

>falling for that meme too

Attached: cdb.jpg (499x499, 17K)

>HDD would always be 100% usage doing anything
>Boot time was 10 minutes on a HDD
>Samsung Evo 970 10-15x faster most of the time
Well worth it.

>booting is 10x faster
How bloated was your system when you upgraded to an SSD?

Why is booting the only thing SSDlets talk about? Is it really not that noticeable in everyday use?
I couldn't give two shits about boot time, I reboot once a week and I'll probably be making coffee anyways while it happens

I've got a $30 hard drive and booting from a cold state takes about 30 seconds, wtf are you doing with your computer?

My laptop is brought to its knees running windows server 2016 in VMware. Disk usage at 95%. Sure wish I had an SSD right about now.

Video editing, VMs, browsing web, games, in that order.

Why is booting the only thing SSDlets talk about? Is it really not that noticeable in everyday use?
I couldn't give two shits about boot time, I reboot once a week and I'll probably be making coffee anyways while it happens
I mean loading screens in games go by way quicker with me loading in 20 maybe 30secs faster than friends on HDDs SSDs def worth esp since they are cheaper than ever

Nigga, I guess did a clean install if Windows for my sister's new PC who had a 1tb 7200rpm hard drive and it still took roughly a minute to boot up completely. My 3 year old 250gb Evo with

These bait threads are getting boring. Surely it's time for another Linus/MKBHD appreciation thread?

>Any other component compares their raw stats
>HDD brainlets blatently ignore the incredibly higher read/write speeds

you don't have $30 for a ssd?

it's not about booting.
it's about access time.

What is eating your IO like that? Indexing? You should be able to diagnose that shit.

The unspoken benefit of SSD : no harddrive head parking, clicking, and spinning.

As a laptop user it drove me insane.

You are now manually hearing your harddrive by the way

That's just how Windows is.

>he fell for the " fixed disk storage" meme

Attached: fgt.jpg (800x841, 207K)

false

I had doom 2016 on a hard disk and the load times were horrible and the mega texture pop ins were very noticeable. After switching to an ssd, it loads in seconds and no more mega texture pop ins.

>he fell for the "he fell for the X meme" meme

It's not even about boot times. Maybe you wanted to do something other than twiddle your thumbs while a large file copies.

It's very noticeable. We talk about boot time because it's easy to measure and compare. An SSD also avoids the slowdown when doing anything during heavy disk activity.

>gets mad because cant afford ssd over hdd
>calls it a meme

its better in everyway i still don't get why people think you shouldn't buy one. Even if it only improves by a marginal amount, the same faggots will customize their distro to make it more ""efficient""

Pony or loli papes on an i3 desktop were never efficient and never will be. So if you dont piss on or rape your ssd, it should be fine. I work in repair and Ive seen ssds slow down because of food crumbs. Cleaned it off with 99 and it worked just fine. Ive seen countless hdds die out of fucking nowhere.

No. Very true.

>Using Pepe
This is a classic sign for underage newfags.

jesus man stop it it is faster

An ssd isnt going to make your processor or ram faster retard. Get off this fucking board.

my $30 ssd takes 8 seconds to boot windows max

But probably doesn't have a terabyte of storage. And boot time doesn't mean anything.

Another big boon is the silent operation. Even the more expensive HDDs that I bought generated annoying noise, if not at the start then as they aged a bit. And if you let them stop spinning when idle you'll have to deal with spin-up time which is a bitch too

Is this the HDD internet defense force or something? SSD's are faster objectively in every measure than old spinnies.

Try launching any software heavier than a browser.

>My laptop 2c/4t from 2011 and normal ssd is fast at compiler,boot,open IDE than my iMac27 2013 4c/4t

Are you poor, OP?

>tfw fell for the 32GB SSD meme
Literally no space for anything.

Attached: meme.jpg (1249x740, 223K)

>What is bottlenecking
You really should be more self-aware.

Are you too dumb to figure out you can use both? You can use your hdd for main storage (for your fucking hentai vids) and the SSD for things you want to boot fast.

>boot time doesn't mean anything
>it doesn't mean anything because I say so, and no, I am not going to give reasons why
The absolute state of Jow Forums

I cloned my laptop HDD to an SSD an the difference is night and day.
Boot is obviously faster but that's not all, EVERY operation is faster because the storage comes into it somewhere. Data has to be loaded into RAM sometime and with the SSD every IO just takes less time.
HDDs still have their place in bulk storage but if you aren't using SSDs by now for your main drives you're basically living in the stone age.

Programs load a massive amount faster. If you use your PC for anything intensive like DAWs, gaming or editing the difference is gigantic.

it is faster though, if anything SSHDs and 10000rpm drives are a meme

Attached: boss-baby_anime-list.png (730x797, 296K)

>tfw Google gave me my first SSD for free in 2010
>still using it

>SSHD
now THAT was an actual meme, and a very shitty one

Try run an SQL Server on a HDD and then we'll see if you think SSDs are useless

i want everything to boot fast,

>shizuku edition

Attached: weird.png (112x106, 20K)

Just buy a MacĀ® then.

And hdds dont get bottlenecked by shitty components?

I regularly work with IDEs and virtual machines

Any type of DB (SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, etc.) will benefit from the high throughput/low latency that an SSD provides

>these HD sellers shilling

The absolute state of Jow Forums.

This is bait, right?

Buy M O A R

>he fell for the memep3

Attached: memep3.jpg (991x1469, 476K)

Yes, there is proof everywhere on the internet with numerous results from different testers. I don't know why Jow Forums "tries" to argue something that is factual.

It's just a shill.

>more reliable
>faster
>cheap enough for any first-worlder with more than 2 neurons
>less power
>lighter than hd
>survive to drop tests ezpz
>realtime encryption with no latency

I seriously don't see why you wouldn't get atleast one.
Being really really really poor is the only logical and sound reason but you wouldn't be here in the first place if you really were.
You should seek help asap, you may not be fit to live on your own and make your own decisions if you're that retarded.

Probably because in the case of shitboxen a cheap (eg. Crucial BX500) SSD really is a whole order faster than the 10 year old, 5400 rpm, fragmented to fuck HD it's replacing.

No, it's not.

how'd you get a frequency response graph for my ears

Lmao he fell for the hard drive meme. Just boot to RAM lmao.