Can someone explain me how ssds are a meme?

I used to think ssds were not necessary when buying/building a computer and then i actually got a laptop with one(nvme ssd).

It's stupid fast, boots up fast and makes me 10x more productive.

Attached: ssd.jpg (1920x1080, 660K)

They're not a meme, Jow Forums is full of poorfags.

Guide to browsing Jow Forums

1) Read the post.
2) Ignore the post.

>can someone tell me how to think
I think you should shove that SSD up your ass
clearly you don't need it since your brain can't think faster than a hard drive

People who say they're a meme are INVARIABLY people who can't afford one (despite them being very affordable now) and have to project their COPE.txt
Ignore them and enjoy living in 2018.

wew la bet you like python mate

dang i want a proper ssd
i have a 32gb one i mount root and boot stuff on and it boots hecka fast but everything else is still on hdd

You fell for the poorfag meme.

It's a mix of sour grapes and not having enough to do that you don't mind if your computer takes forever to start, open programs, make a new tab, etc.

>not having multi-NVMe RAID0
I bet you don't even have redundant 10gig ethernet connections either.

>wasting money on stuff that you'll get very little benefit from
If I was editing 8K video I might get these things, but I don't so one NVMe, a big HDD for media, and gigabit networking are fine for the most part and 10gig is still expensive.

It's a meme when you're too poor to afford enough storage for your normal stuff. Any money will obtain is then geared towards obtaining more storage.

Yeah I only have the 10G stuff for failover clustering for work shit. 10G isn't THAT expensive as long as you use SFP+ gear vs CAT6 overhaul.

For example, a 10G SFP+ switch on ebay goes for around $300 and the cables will run you around $30 ea so for a small network you can do 10G for well under 1K.

That's still expensive when you look at how cheap gigabit is.

Going from an HDD to an SSD is the single best price-to-performance upgrade you can perform on a computer.

Yeah I don't bother with 10G for most users, but for future use if a client PC dies, it's cheaper, faster, and more secure to do a central server with PXE boot clients with 10G connections.

This hard

if you leave it turned off for long enough, the data in it will be gone

at least that's what I've heard. I have an msata ssd in my memepad and that's just to remove moving parts that could potentially fail, but I haven't owned the ssd long enough to know if the above is true

Wtf, where do you read that?

SSDs are a meme is a meme.

from another fellow Jow Forumsentooman

lying on the internet is a thing, of course

fpbp