Please Help

Do you ever just want to go back to Windows? Like, nothing on Linux works and you've given up? TF2 has garbage performance compared to what it used to be for me and WINE runs like shit. KDE is bad, but holy fuck, Gnome is the worst (Xfce and LXDE are ugly and all the other DEs are too obscure).

Please help, I'm going to the dark side.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (220x253, 23K)

>duckduckgo

based

Agreed. I can't blame if you don't use Linux (Windows has all the games and as OP complained about, not everyone has a good experience), but you have no excuse to not use DuckDuckGo. It requires no effort to change your search engine, makes no difference to you, is better, and pays you back in privacy.

Linux is a kernel. Games are for children.

buy a mac op, it just werks and you can still avoid ms's shit

d'aww...you're growing up, user.

>that pic
ah, brings back memories. rents bought that for me back when i was a bab and they had no idea what the fuck it was. it was fun back when i had nothing else to do.

That's me right now. I don't play games but I still want to switch over to Windows for software development. I've been using Linux for the past five years and Windows here and there a few times. I used Visual Studio for a bit and it was really nice (not to be confused with Code).

You're right about desktop environments too. Although GNOME is kinda "meh" in my book, I know that I am getting worse battery life, and losing out on those amazing Windows touchpad gestures. Oh and GNOME's performance is just abysmal when it really should be flying on this 4c/8t machine. Yes, there are other DEs but I dislike them for other reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the Linux folks who spend their working hours on the desktop end but I want to choose an OS which will allow me to use my hardware to its fullest potential - Windows comes into mind. That said, Windows is far from perfect but I find it a good compromise between convenience and usability.

I think I'll just go to Windows and run Linux in a VM. That way, I enjoy best of both worlds.

OP, if you plan on going with Windows, don't forget to use Shutup10 from O&O software, just apply recommended settings and forget about it! I've used that in a VM and monitored outgoing connections and it worked well. It doesn't break the OS (updates, MS Store) but it also doesn't let the OS do what it wants.

Thanks for reading my blog post. Peace!

>fuckywuckygogo
startpage is better option
KDE is not bad. It's just a little bloaty.

>and losing out on those amazing Windows touchpad gestures
I was a non-believer in the whole "Microsoft shills browsing Jow Forums" conspiracy, but holy fuck you guys aren't even hiding anymore.

Seriously, have you used a trackpad under Windows which uses the precision drivers? Its really good. This is on a 8th gen ThinkPad.

yes sir very good
i use linux on windows, installed from windows store
you don't need to install linux separately anymore since its on windows

pajeet based poo in loo Microsoft service is best in the industry. They found drivers for my obscure analog tv pci card, xiaomi phone and have big better drivers Yes

yuo have 365 office service? give card number bob vegene and I set up Linux and for yuo, Mr.

Attached: pooinay.jpg (450x276, 37K)

Pajeet jokes aside, I'm not saying Windows is flawless, what I'm saying is that its doing a few things better than Linux at the moment. I have given up these conveniences for >muh freedums but its getting a bit boring.

Honestly, maybe I'll just leave Windows in a VM but it simply runs better on actual hardware. The question is, am I willing to give up some privacy for a better OS? I don't know.

>inb4 sir m$ shill

literally try mac

>ooga stop playin muh geyoms
implying there's any serious software on Linux

Attached: download.jpg (800x598, 36K)

Welcome to adulthood, OP - actually choosing your environment based on what you need/want, instead of ideological wars.

I have used MacOS a bit and its nice and I also see the appeal for programmers. That said, I dislike their hardware for being hard to repair or upgrade yet alone their pricing.

Without a doubt, Windows ran the best on this new computer and it felt like I was using the hardware to its fullest potential. Even GNOME animations were smoother in VMware than on actual hardware! Of course, that's GNOME's fault for being so bad so I think I'll give some other DE a shot (despite trying almost all of them).

Ye, I'm sticking to windows too. Tried Mx linux, manjaro, fedora, ubuntu but none of them work well with my hardware (optimus laptop); I suppose the blame's on novidia for not actually supporting, but ultimately it's about the same anyway, on both OSs it's one commandline to update my apps, mpv[/spoiler] youtube-dl imagemagick works too, so might as well use what just werkz

Attached: 1515238786705.jpg (851x480, 75K)

You know, you can always dualboot. Nothing wrong with this given that we live in a Windows world. Stop being an ideological purist.

i've found duckduckgo to be pretty lacking when it comes to local results. they're very US-centric in that regard, and sometimes they just straight up do not have the same results as google.

>novideo
>unironically
Yeah, you fucked up, user.

Linux is a meme

Don't worry; Linux is going to get much better now that they are including the code of People of Color and LGBT over that of white privileged incel misogynist men.

Why the fuck is almost everybody so set on only using one OS? I use Win10 for my main desktop because of games, unity, visual studio and office.

To mess with phones I've got a win7 laptop.

I've got two servers, one running mint, the other Lubuntu.

A small laptop that dual boots kali and tails for some shit.

One subnotebook running 10 for business trips and as edc.

Two old desktops and a x61 running xp/win98 for when I mess with old production equipment setups.

A 17" laptop with mint for comfy shitposting.

Just use whatever fits your usecase best. Haven't found a reason to get a Mac yet though

We don't want you back. Once a linuxfag, always a linuxfag

If there's one Google product worth keeping it's there search engine.

LTSC

newfriend

Dont take the windowspill OP. Buy a macbook, might be early 2016 one if youre not into memebar and new keyboard.
If you want a PC just build a hackintosh, you can get it really cheap.

well, indeed, if OP hates fun and wants the same unchangeable bland and stable desktop experience