Ipad pro has a better processor than Macbook Pro 2018 - i7 what gives?

Apple shills, how the fuck does the new ipad pro have a better processor than the latest Macbook Pro?

Can it replace basic office use while being ultra ultra portable?

Attached: new-ipad-pro-2018-by-apple-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 98K)

Apple is gay

It can’t even play 4K video
I’m an Apple user but no. Tablets will never replace computers

ARM is low energy by design, x86 had to be adapted.

Remember to sage and report

Attached: 20181102_21_24_43_g_Technology_4chan.jpg (1539x670, 720K)

I don't get the point of the iPad pro.
You're still limited to iOS. There's better screens for drawing/coloring, never met a professional illustrator using an ipad.
Who buys these things?

DeviantArt users.

Blame intel.

>Apple shills, how the fuck does the new ipad pro have a better processor than the latest Macbook Pro?
Long story short, Applel is growing increasingly tired of Intel's shit and lack of progress, so Applel is basically trying to increase its own silicon's power until it's strong enough to support a MacBook Pro.
When that happens (I'd say by 2020-2025), Apple is probably going to drop Intel altogether and use the A(x) chip for everything, because at the rate it's progressing it'll be more than powerful enough to handle tough tasks. Then we'll get fanless MacBook Pros and Jobs' vision will finally be secured.
He'd been trying to get fanless everything done and mainstream for decades before he died. He forced Applel to produce the Apple III without fans which caused it to melt regularly after only a few hours of use (and Applel's official advice was to literally drop the thing on the floor from waist height.)
Steve Jobs cried when he was told the MacBook Pro would need vents for a fan.
>Can it replace basic office use while being ultra ultra portable?
The software is the only thing preventing me from saying, unequivocally, yes. But I really do think Apple is kind of on the way to making tablets that legitimately contend with actual laptops in terms of power.
It's good for basic office work, as in creating, editing and managing documents and files, yes. But for things like video editing and making music...no. Not quite there yet. You'll still need a laptop or desktop for that.

Hobbyists who want to learn to draw but aren't passionate about it and were probably going to get an iPad for other things anyway.
Instead of investing in actual art tools like oil pastels and canvases, or bulky and expensive (but far better) Wacom tablets, just get an iPad and a Pencil and call it a day.

>Remember to sage and report
your pic relates to the phone

Why would you ever by an iPad, or any tablet for that matter

it can play 4k vids

>7nm vs 14+++++++++++++++++nm

>some idiot actually fell for the bullshit
lul

Attached: Berserker.(Kiyohime).full.2108939.jpg (450x450, 181K)

The iPads cpu is slam full of DSPs and hardware encoders/decoders so yeah in a benchmark it looks as fast as an i7 but force the iPad to do everything in software and it won’t even be able to touch an i7

They actually ported Clip Studio Paint to it, but under a subscription model. It's fully featured though so you have everything a pro illustrator needs

>expensive (but far better) Wacom tablets
Wacom is better but the improvement is marginal at best. Apple has actually done a good job with jitter correction and accuracy and is probably a close second behind the Wacom EMR integrated tablets. I guess if you're some sort of art god then you'll benefit finer pressure sensitivity but for most artists it's good enough.

>geekbench
>Relevant benchmark

why would you play 4k video on a non 4k screen?

It is getting the full Desktop version of Adobe Photoshop and Apple is probably going to seperate the iPhone and iPad version of iOS from each other and make the iPad version more like macOS.
There will be more professional commercial software ported from x86 to ARM in the future and taking into consideration that Microsoft also delves deeper into the ARM architecture we will see more and more portable computers dropping x86 completely.
The Intel macs will die in the coming years and the iPads will completely replace them, followed by ARM iMacs with Apple pencil support which will greatly hurt Wacom, don't invest into Wacom.
Apple will be back to where they started, with their own in-house CPUs (which is something i respect)
This will be the death of macOS as the last decent piece of software released by Apple, it will become the ultimate walled garden.
Now you can just write your own Apps or even pirate software for macOS, that will most likely be completely gone in the future.
Apple will become even worse.

Attached: Really makes you think different.png (724x866, 204K)

Laptops and phones are not good for all situations.
Tablets are top-tier for shitposting, drawing, reading and media consumption. Tasks that are either too menial to warrant breaking out the big ol' laptop, too detail-oriented to keep relegated to a tiny phone display, or just inappropriate to do elsewhere.

it's so goddamn limited by iOS that you really should just get a surface pro or something if you want a "productivity" tablet

OK but the problem with Surface is that it's not really a tablet. Even Microsoft themselves has never really referred to any Surface product as a tablet. It's basically just a laptop with a detachable keyboard/mouse. I've seen people use a Surface for hours without even once touching the screen.
With all those tiny buttons and weird finicky gestures, Windows is obviously not built with fingers in mind at all.

Jow Forums tricked me into buying a surface go and loading full windows on it. never again.

>Surface
>productivity
Yeah, good one.
I'd take an iPad over any Surface device.
But I don't want any tablet at all so I don't need to pick between shit or piss.

Attached: stanza.gif (500x400, 468K)

>Yeah, good one.
Explain yourself. It has full Windows 10.

Terrible battery life with more demanding software.
Optimized software still feels clunky.
Office work can be done with cheaper devices.
Coding on it is stupid because the keyboard is terrible, nobody would take that over a laptop.
Considering the prize of them I'd just build a budget Windows desktop and still have money left for an iPad.
iPad productivity software might be still a bit more limited, but they are better optimized and give you way more battery life.
The Surface is a meme. Just because it can do more in theory doesn't mean it actually makes it practical.

Attached: 19852858014_ac55bb261d_b.jpg (1024x1024, 378K)

/thread
Anyone posting serious replies ITT are baited morons.

Why are you idiots so upset about Apple threads?
OP asked a question and didn't just make a bait shill thread.
You're the fucking baited moron because most of those Apple threads are for people like you who get upset about them, they're bait and keep on falling for it.
Use the fucking filter function you newfag dipshit.

Attached: the grinning faggot.png (1050x906, 849K)

Just because you reworded your OP from a statement to a question doesn't make it not a shill thread street shitter.

Attached: 1533046384318.jpg (643x960, 256K)

Learn how to filter threads.
Ohh wait, you don't actually want that.
You want the Apple shill threads, so you can vent.
Vent about Apple.
Because you hate Apple, you think all day about how much you hate Apple.
You spend more time on thinking about Apple than the average Apple employee.
Fruity product bad.

Attached: apu6.png (512x420, 274K)

Source for your claim?

Geekbench, it's bullshit. Just marketing.
Geekbench is pretty much owned by Apple at this point.
t. Apple employee

Don't reply, just report and move on. Or frankly change chans, I'm considering moving somewhere else since this one has constant shill threads.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

More portable than a laptop and is much better for doing things that is more suited in landscape orientation, like reading PDFs. If you're doing things like art then the iPad is much better than a laptop if you're looking for a portable solution instead of having to lug a Wacom tablet everywhere.

Why is everyone around here too fucking stupid to use filters?

Attached: topkek.png (200x200, 23K)

>Apple shills, how the fuck does the new ipad pro have a better processor than the latest Macbook Pro?
That's what you get when
1. Intel delivers +5% performance year on year for a decade
2. The richest company in the world invests a shitload on their custom CPUs using an architecture focused on performance and efficiency rather than legacy

No matter your headstart, when your competitor delivers +50% year on year for a decade, you're shit out of luck. Geometric progress is a bitch.

If iPad Pro would dual boot in an arm-compiled version of MacOS, it would be game over for almost all Macbooks, Pros included.

>pic related, iPad Pro with keyboard and 256GB is $1,128, macbook air retina 256GB is $1,399 and 15" pro 256GB with 2.9Ghz i7 is $2,799

The iPad punches far above its weight.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 20.56.15.png (932x432, 79K)

Reminder to sage and report commercial spam.

Attached: 1541384655523.png (1276x667, 378K)

Yeah that or Geekbench produces shit scores that aren't comparable across architectures.

Literally name of portable screen thats better for drawing/coloring with full photoshop?

I work at a UK based newspaper and many of our illustrators use iPad Pro.

>using an architecture focused on performance and efficiency rather than legacy
>If iPad Pro would dual boot in an arm-compiled version of MacOS, it would be game over for almost all Macbooks, Pros included.
yeah, they put arm-compiled macos on the ipad or put the A series on a macbook then the average itoddler will complain because their favourite software isn't available or they have to use the botched down mobile app version.
Look at the disaster that was Windows 10 on ARM

>muh biased benchmark
try again

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 01.13.57.png (975x616, 85K)

because it high definition video looks better downsampled and usually has higher bitrate?
retard

>It can’t even play 4K video
It can actually *edit* 4k video. 2 times faster than your laptop.
Also it has a better calibrated, wider colour gamut, higher res screen than your laptop :^)

>Can it replace basic office use while being ultra ultra portable?
Well, you can get a keyboard for it for a few hundred dollars, so yes it certainly can.