You aren't still using placebo-tier lossless (read: bloated) audio files are you, user...

You aren't still using placebo-tier lossless (read: bloated) audio files are you, user? Even 小学生 these days know that 192kB/s Opus and q6 Vorbis are more than enough to ensure transparency these days while only taking up 10-20% as much space.

Attached: 1525845982064.png (640x480, 419K)

yeh. if i REALLY ENJOY the album i'll try & get a lossless copy for posterity.
if i'm just CASUALLY LISTENING anything'll do

lossless -> archiving
lossy -> listening

archiving is a meme

almost nobody who uses this excuse actually has a reason to ''''''''''''''''''archive'''''''''''''''''' lossless files

When I get a new phone I make a lossy copy of my lossless collection using the best codec the phone supports. How is that not a good reason to have the lossless ones archived?

>almost nobody who uses this excuse actually has a reason to ''''''''''''''''''archive'''''''''''''''''' lossless files
i archive stuff because i want it easily accessible.if my normie friends want the stuff i got i encode from flac to mp3 and send it to them. if i want to listen to my stuff on phone i encode from flac to opus.

because you could just keep your music in a portable lossless format and save yourself the hard drive space and trouble of converting every time you want to transfer it anywhere

>portable lossless
are u having a stroke?

just send them opus and tell them to stop using 25 year old codecs

>tfw listening to shitty taperips
When I try to listen to the same song in better quality i dont like it that much, I have recently started to play random white noise with every song

pls help

Attached: 284475.jpg (225x349, 30K)

*lossy

I just use spotify my dude :)

hipster
on the other hand, good for you

>Paying for mp3 files

24-bit / 96 kHz vinyl rips piss me off
Vinyl doesn't even reach 13 bits of SNR under perfect conditions.

>in charge of what counts as bloated
>uses "these days" twice in the same sentence

your meme arrows bloated your post by 2 characters what now

i hope you aren't insinuating that spending 2gb on a single album is a waste of hard drive space

>小学生
you mean subor?

Attached: 15245304798191.jpg (3264x2448, 639K)

>double use of the possessive
stop

>almost nobody who uses this excuse actually has a reason to ''''''''''''''''''archive'''''''''''''''''' lossless files
Having a device that can play audio files is all the reason I need to ''''''''''''''''''archive'''''''''''''''''' lossless files. When a new lossy codec comes out I can wipe my library of old lossy files and transcode my lossless ''''''''''''''''''archive'''''''''''''''''' to the new lossy codec

why do people get so upset when you have your music in lossless

Attached: 1540737113089.png (364x271, 56K)

I have natural white noise :(

>The meltdown is one way autistic people experience the general adaptation syndrome, which is the human body's normal way of resisting harmful or apparently harmful stressors in its environment

96k opus for all my audio.

I trust flac rips more than mp3 rips.

easy solution - get tinnitus

So what did you do when Opus came to existance and you wanted to switch to it from shitty vorbis. Did you redownload your entire library?

I'm deaf anyway, none of this shit matter to me.

I use .wav

I am better then all you idiots.

You aren't autistic enough to waste your time converting files, are you?

Hard drives are cheap, and I'm not poor. Kill yourself

This. You can pack a tone of CD rip-offs on 1tb space.
I have to agree that anything above CD rip-off is snake oil even for archiving. You should compress it to the level where it doesn't make a difference to you, so if you're listening music on phone with $2 earbuds even 192kB/s is snake oil territory.

I had a russian version of that when I was a kid, pic related (found on google, my unit is sadly gone now)

Attached: image011.jpg (579x434, 33K)

Buying HDDs is cheaper than wasting time to convert shit.

It only takes a moment to type a command to batch convert your library