What's a good reliable smartphone I can buy that's basic and doesn't support newer apps like Snapchat and Facebook...

What's a good reliable smartphone I can buy that's basic and doesn't support newer apps like Snapchat and Facebook. Pic kind of related. I'm going to get a cheap sim card and I want a Jow Forums approved basic older smartphone to use instead of the new stuff that gets a new model every year

Attached: Screenshot_20181106-150010.jpg (1130x844, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
download.lineage.microg.org/
redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantStatus
willmyphonework.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any Android One device. Xiaomi Mi A1 or a Nokia device.

>botnet jewgle fagdroid one
kill yourself cuck

yes, install replicant

Attached: images(15).jpg (660x420, 48K)

Iphone 6s

Moto E or G

Moto g3

Those devices run old gogoke Android still it doesn't matter, just get a new mid range one that still has support.

Fuck a basic smartphone, let me show you the ropes.

Tier 0. Normie
>use iphone
>-or-
>very recent unlocked android device that doesn't meet tier 1 definition
>people will not bat an eye, good for deep cover normie or professional who needs bulk business phones rip blackberry
>Will be a cuck to software forced obsolescence, also very expensive. Use if you have a dependence on either marketplace

Tier 1. Pragmatic Paranoia
>literally any lineage OS device wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
>use the microg version download.lineage.microg.org/
>decide if root is secure for your use case
>use common sense or XDA guides to install
>use APK for botnet equipment or use FOSS alternative
>Look not fucking weird, easy to acquire, also my current setup (z2 force battery life and durability is bonkers, also literally who phone so very cheap used)
>Good for FOSS users who still want a computer on their person who expect reasonable levels of privacy. Also budget friendly.

Tier 2. Pragmatic boomer
>Purchase flip phone
>Work around limitations
>I.E. use standalone GPS, use a DAP for audio, etc
>Can be supplemented by using lineageos+microg tablet without sim but integrated GPS
>Look like a boomer but good conversation starter, I did this config most of this year
>Good for users who like modularity over minimalism, enjoy silence, like hardware buttons, like week long battery lives, or have zero money
>technically more privacy invasion, but SMS is designed as such anyways.

Tier 3. Advanced autism
>Replicant
>Figure out which device has the feature set you need redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantStatus
>everyone will bring up you're using a literally dead phone, will have opportunity to flex on people blowing Ks on their stupid phones.
>Good for mobile users who absolutely need granular control over their phone platform as a tool or for Free Software idealists. Cheap as shit.
>Privacy is best depending on use case

>installing a custom os is futur proofing and reliable

no way. How?

Cont.

Tier 4. Ballistic Autism
>Use some form of FOSS gnu+linux distro w/ VPN to connect to hotspot (or yagi a mcdonalds) and communicate with outbound SIP server or virtualized android environment
>You have to have a massive power level and at least 7 proxies
>people will not look at you, you will look at them user. Sheep in a system only you, a natural INTJ, can truly comprehend. This election was a tool to make the people feel as if they had choice, when really it was a psyops operation to make the american public forget about Equifax. When's the last time your local senate talked about your SSN on the internet because of shitty audits and shitty monopolies? But oh they were so fucking woke when zuckerberg sold your data like they had publicly stated for a decade. Its a fucking joke. Fuck this world I can't handle post Limp Bizkit Americana anymore user
>good for privacy and security
>kind of expensive and requires added bulk and three service plans

Hope it helps!

Nokia E71

Wait for a librem 5. It's not old but it is less botnet.

Post a picture of your skin tone next to the part I said that.

fuck off I said I need something reliable not a project you autist

Ok user, let's run down exactly why no one can answer your question in a way that requires no effort on your end (or what you call a project).

You want:
>Reliability
What is reliable to you? How long do you need it? At what cost does it not matter and you'll just buy another?
>Smartphone w/o Facebook; Snapchat
Highly interpretive. Do you care about it just not being installed? Do you dislike every botnet app? Do you want full FOSS? Do you want it to literally be so old that it doesn't have it?
>Jow Forums approved
Which part? The pajeet/chink shills? The rich g? The /v/ g? The paranoid g? The GNU g?
>basic older model
Do you really want old, or are you asking for cheap? What is old, you post phones from 2013, maybe you'll really like Replicant if you like 2010-2013.

You want a clear cut answer user? I am g and I think you should get an Alcatel Sparq2. Oh wait you actually need gmail? Oh get a OnePlus6t. Oh wait you have sprint? Just get an iPhone and be done with it. Oh but its too expensive and you want g approved so you can fit in with a bunch of brain dead morons like me? Get a sprint compatible lineage os phone and read about it, use an email app on fdroid. Oh but you want an old model of a phone and really want to go all out to justify a meme phone like pic related? Get a Galaxy S2 on Replicant. Oh but I can't be bothered with custom roms I need a reliable phone. Then get an etc....

Listen dude. Establish what you want and start doing research. Only you can figure out the right phone on the right budget on the right time frame. Thats what my post was trying to help you with. Here's a link to find compatible carriers willmyphonework.net/

Besides that you're asking too much and need to do homework. g is not g, don't ask them anything BC 9/10 they are shills or retards.

Good luck user

Meant for

Wtf?

nokia

the depth of your answer is admirable ...I have nothing to add just an observation

The fuck are you talking about. If you use a phone that old it will have shitass performance in basic tasks like web browsing and no security because no updates.

>I'm not going to surf the net or use apps.

Then don't get a smartphone at all you fucking gay tennis coach.

If you want a smartphone get a new one from a company with a reputation of long support and use your "basic tasks" on something that won't run like shit.

>Android One
nah

>Not using now depreciated 2014 Ubuntu mobile os

Til Ubuntu 'touch' is still maintained by a open source group