Why is your next computer an iPad Pro?

Why is your next computer an iPad Pro?

Graphics as powerful as an Xbox One S.

Processor as powerful as an i7.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 20.31.18.png (2446x1872, 2.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmag.com/benchmarks/color-gamut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zero software support for production tasks, games on the system suck? Give me the steam library and visual studio and I will absolutely consider it. The actual hardware is not the problem.

Can you fucks stop with these retarded shill threads?

I can’t afford it. Might have to pretended I love thinkpads.

>Xbox One S
FP16 vs FP32

I can do more things with a Core2Duo laptop.

Like what?

Enjoy chromeos

who the fuck made these Apple bots threads, its getting annoying

But it runs a mobile phone OS
TRASH

Windows.

Everything from proper web browsing, including torrenting to photo editing, programming and gaming.

run executables i desire, for instance, not ones that Apple gracefully allows me to

>iPad

Attached: 1538727447228.png (416x435, 114K)

>using a toy/phone OS instead of full blown desktop OS
No thanks

I even played GTA 5 on this :^)

Attached: Untitled.png (821x484, 62K)

I want a MacBook without an Intel Processor make it happen Apple NOW!!!

>Processor as powerful as an i7

kek this meme just gets funnier

>kernel panic caused by fuzzing system apps

Attached: 1215781690167.jpg (750x600, 85K)

>if I keep responding to the bait it will go away
Learn how to use filters you fucking brainlets.

Attached: 1541448995915.jpg (581x767, 92K)

Nope. Still unable to run X Code and Docker

op is such a fucking faggot. kys

>make most powerful tablet
>gimp it with dumbphone OS
Put OS X on that and I'll buy one right now.

>uses wojack images
>calls other people brainlets

That's coming with iOS 13. Adobe announced full Adobe CC support for the iPad Pro next year, it's likely going to be a big update that finally adds the Finder to the iPad.
But this means they will kill macOS eventually and continue their main OS being a completely closed down walled garden. Rip.

Great argument.

>they will kill macOS
So all the professors in the engineering department will dump apple because the only thing keeping them on OS X was "muh yoonicks"

Attached: powerbook.jpg (1976x1202, 401K)

Because it's an extremely overpriced piece of trash that doesn't respect my freedoms

Yes but who actually has a workflow for this pos. The restrictions kill it for everyone but the people who only need something for youtube videos and email.

Yeah it's all good as yours

Not really, iOS is still "muh yoonicks".
It will be open enough to do everything you can do on MacOS now but you will likely have less options to create/install apps that aren't signed by apple and pirating will be dead completely, as long as you don't have a paid dev account.
So no, it will continue as it is just less open, which means it will be dead to me.
Your profs will gladly pay for everything and suck it up, you know it.

Apple gimped the Smart Keyboard, it's garbage now.

>b-b-but it runs a phone os*
modified to run on tablets. it's not just a blown up iPod Touch anymore, it has its own contextual features.

iOS is also unix-like and was forked off from an earlier version of macos

> what's a computer?

Attached: Cum_downloads.jpg (1280x769, 243K)

>you have to pay to write personal software for your personal nonprofit use
An iToddler has defended this.

>>uses wojack images
>>calls other people brainlets
Why is it so hard for you guys to sage and report? Is it THAT much of an intellectual endeavor?

Attached: Capture_1.png (662x904, 161K)

wow so you are telling me that I can get a device too big to carry casually around in my pocket, with an overheating arm processor, that supports no software other than the built in browser, that limits freedom in nearly every possible way by imposing some retarded restrictions regarding what can be installed and what not for mere 3000$? how about no mate

if it cost half as much i would get one

Why would I want to buy an all-in-one monitor? What year is it

It's 2018 and the kikes in charge don't want you to own a modular computer.

Neck yourself Rajesh. Is it the shilling that kills you inside or is it shitting on the street like a rodent?

No one gives a shit what's actually running iOS, they want to use it in the same way as other Unix-likes, like linux and OSX.

The only thing your iPad is good for is for drawing and editing your selfies on the go.

But can it play Crysis?
I don't think so.

I know this is bait but I'll bite. Why is the screen response time so high?

I have a monitor from 2012 that has a response time of 4ms, why did apple slap such a cheap display on this thing? This isn't even acceptable for 60Hz.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-05-08-42-25(1).jpg (720x439, 106K)

Why is it so hard for you faggot to use filters?
I guess you're new here so I'll tell you how to do it, go to the catalog and press the ''Filters'' button next to the ''Search'' button.
Now you can add all the terms you don't want to see.
Also, mass reporting threads that don't break the rules will get you banned, bye.
Apple has been adding more and more macOS features to the iPad version of iOS, it's an open secret that they will turn it into a completely useable system similiar to other Unix-likes, but most likely that will be only for the ''Pro'' iPads.

>iOS

Attached: E7C45F8B-E8EB-4B47-A961-813090D2CF8D.jpg (635x320, 25K)

But this thread breaks the rules for being blatant advertising.

This, I've always avoided apple products mainly because of their refusal to get on oled/amoled like everybody else. I'd definitely consider an iPad pro if it didn't have a piss poor screen.

The new iPhones have OLED displays.

cool

>But this thread breaks the rules for being blatant advertising.
It's blatant bait.
You have to have a double digit IQ to actually think Apple would pay anyone to advertise on Jow Forums.
It's simple bait because brainlets like you fall for it and think muh evil fruity company is breaking my fun forums :,,,,((((
Better keep telling everyone how upset you are about Apple.

Attached: fresh shiggy.png (640x640, 545K)

>tells users off for rightfully reporting shill breads
>defends appil

It's clear to see which foot you've got in which camp m8.

What I'd pay real money to see is an engineer take an ipad pro out at a seminar or symposium (or a net admin at a comsci gathering) with a straight face and try to honestly keep it while trying to use it to prove a theory or postulation. Bonus points if his peers don't shit themselves laughing or he doesn't get a funny mac based nickname out of it.

Attached: attractive-beautiful-eyes-731762.jpg (3001x4501, 1.5M)

If Microsoft can pay shills to shill on Jow Forums I don't see why Apple can't.

Attached: microshill.png (1853x1000, 1.29M)

It's not just one person, the thread posting timer wouldn't allow for pic related

Attached: 20181102_21_24_43_g_Technology_4chan.jpg (1539x670, 720K)

>mac based nickname
But if he used a MacBook nobody would bat an eye.

>If I hide it it will go away

Attached: soulless wojak edits.png (2200x874, 1.58M)

The "it's just bait lolol" poster is OP.

>But if he used a MacBook nobody would bat an eye.
I wouldn't be so sure... Maybe at a "software engineers" conference. But honestly aren't they just slightly more successful webdesigners?

Attached: attractive-beach-beauty-320184.jpg (4256x2832, 1.76M)

>spambots are advertising
Yeah, no. It's probably some fags on some /b/ discord server doing raids because Jow Forums always gets super upset and paranoid about Apple threads.

The computer engineering and bioengineering departments at my uni are mostly Mac users. Linux comes second with Windows in third place. Having your OS reboot overnight to install updates in the middle of a DNA sequencing run was probably the last straw.

>more powerful per clock than anything Intel/AMD/IBM/Shitecomm have ever put out
>absolutely low power consumption
>no fans or heatsinks needed to beat 25 Watt Intel laptops
>GPU as powerful as an RX 450/GTX 1030
>still no fans needed, for both CPU and GPU
Hmmmm, if it's so incredible, why aren't they selling their chip to other manufacturers and making billions without any additional effort while easily shitting on everything Intel, AMD, Nvidia and Qualcomm have been doing for the past 30 years???
Really makes you think.

Attached: 1531157788612.png (243x243, 12K)

>why don't you open up your closed source architecture to the competition
You absolute brainlet.
Still, it's less powerful, just just marketing memes.
Apple only ever wins in Geekbench.

>No AutoCad
>No Photoshop
I need to work user

iOS is still too weak.
Posted from my 15 inch 2018 MacBook Pro.

Just sell the chip, not the design

Attached: b35.gif (256x256, 410K)

oled is garbage

True but LCD is 1000X worse.

Attached: acd82715035cfacbf53ae1250daf6db8.png (720x480, 30K)

>computer engineering and bioengineering departments
I'll take things that will never happen for a gorrillion dollaryoos please Alex.

It would've been more believeable if you'd left
>computer engineering
out. I've sent a screenie to some m8s I have who akshully work in a comp dept at a uni. Would you like to see their responses? They thought it was a breddy funny
>the absolute state of Jow Forums
post.

Yes but you can't have a CRT on a phone.

>geekbench is a reliable benchmark
lmao

GtG response time != BtW response time

Because I'm a huge flaming faggot.

First thing in the morning, what do I see? A pile of shit staring at me. I close my eyes, I step away. No matter where I go, there’s no getting away. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo?

I step out on the street. What do I smell? Shit that’s stinky to high hell. I hold my breath, I step away. But everywhere I go, there’s no getting away.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Shit, not shit, this shit, that shit. Let’s see now. Let me check. Happy birthday. Happy birthday.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Take a deep breath. Ayuk!

Abhi hoy, Abhi hoy

Boltho kya,

Abhi hoi

Bolta kya

Bolta Kya

Iski uthooth, take the poo to the loo. Take the poo to the loo. Take the poo – we got to do what we got to do – to the loo. Take the poo – we got to take the pooh to the loo – to the loo. Take the poo, we got to take the poo. Take the poo, we got to take the pooh. We got to, got to, got to, got, got, got, got, got.

Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, there’s that poo.

Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo.

Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo.

Attached: 1539745970189.png (1276x667, 378K)

Because Im a boomer who hates walled-garden touch screen bullshit.

I will build a new rig with a 7nm AMD cpu and a new Nvidia GPU instead, fuck you.

Not an Apple shill (I don't own any Apple products) but their screens are by far the best on the market. Have you seen that True Tone Retina (or whatever its called) they use on iPad Pro?
I don't think there's a single tablet with a better screen on the market right now.

Poo in the fucking loo street shitter.
laptopmag.com/benchmarks/color-gamut

>implying windows is literally anything but shit
wintoddler

>HAAHAHAHA APPLE DOESN'T HAVE OLED LMAOLAMO BTFO APPLE FAGGOTS
>apple gets OLED for iPhone
>UHM, OLED FUCKING SUCKS LMAO BURNIN FAGGOTS HAHAHAHAH
Sundar, stop flipping on your own shit.

Attached: 1541400413736.png (1600x900, 303K)

It's a real UNIX
They actually have PhotoShop and will get AutoCAD soon

Attached: The Unix Programming Environment - Kernighan, Pike.jpg (1130x1467, 143K)

iPads are not even on that list, you dolt.

Even just trying one in store i found severe limitations, if i actually owned one i'd probably be bashing my head against it.

A12X can emulate core 2 duo at 250% speed.

>he thinks Jow Forums's timers are actually good
No wonder you think I get paid to post apple threads here

What's the appeal of iPhone again? I kinda get the privacy thing but is that it? It has much higher benchmark but to what end? What can the iPhone do that a Xiaomi phone can't?

A smooth UI.

Do people really believe this?

>thinking IOS devices have smooth UI
cringe

Delusional.

iMessage. Yes, there are other IM clients but iMessage is the first to seamlessly integrate itself with legacy SMS. Google tried with Hangouts but for some reason it separates SMS and Hangouts messages with a contact into two conversations.

On paper it might look like it is to par with an Xbone S, but you forget about the price difference (you can buy a minimum of three Xbones for one iPad Pro). Also that demo from 2K looked like shit, that wasn't console graphics quality. That was last gen. The audience were just looped animations that play at random intervals, a couple of times two guys next to each other even triggered the same animation. It looked very bad.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhaha

>runs iOS

Attached: 1444165519422.jpg (600x360, 51K)

Which one? You do realize that there are i7 processors that are 10 years old now, right?

And that's the beauty of Apple marketing. Their statement isn't wrong, but it also isn't logically sound.

Funny how you went real fucken quiet after this post...

I'd consider it if it came with OSX.

Why are these garbage closed ecosystem devices already on 7nm?

Not all of us are NEETs that stay on Jow Forums all day long. I'm not an Apple user but at least I'm able to understand why others would use it over Windows and Linux alternatives.

OS as powerful as my phone.

So chill out, Tommy.
Besides, their keyboard looks really stupid, and is extra stupid for that price.