Why I'm leaving Reddit

-20 upvotes on a correct statement. Everyone thinks they are a genius at tech because they know how to press cmd+alt+delete. MRW WhyAreYouBooingMeImRight.gif

Attached: weeeee.png (2130x932, 300K)

we dont care faggot

what subreddit is this? also why are you posting on reddit in the first place?

I don't care what you think. Nobody else does either. Leave reddit for all I care, but don't come here.

you just got dabbed on lmao

Kill yourself.

>tfw so buttblasted over getting downvoted on reddit you make a thread about it on a congolese agriculture forum

Attached: TuZzQYS_d.jpg (640x960, 30K)

Hahaha you guys are much better, this is my first time on Jow Forums, I'd rather be told "we dont care faggot" and "kill yourself" any day over dealing w/ the cancer that is know-it-all reddit. Fuck you guys and fuck me too, I like it here

>blockchain will end voter fraud
>all we need is your retarded uncle who gets confused by folders to decrypt his vote in the the blockchain using a private key that he will somehow get assigned.
kek. I really hope that's not you user.

>he posts on reddit
>he then reposts it to Jow Forums

Attached: 1533863334498.jpg (806x900, 305K)

I hope you shoot yourself tonight

stop posting here too, faggot

Attached: 1533084267162.png (522x621, 380K)

Too obv user

If you were smart you would transcend reddit and Jow Forums entirely, forget these people

save yourself the time and stress. i'm trying to stop coming to these places as well, but as we all it's difficult

>blockchain voting
maximum fedora

Also there's a very good reason votes aren't public but I assume STEMcels like thyself don't know it.

>everyone can publicy see everyone's votes
that would help to make buying votes a more transparent business

think really hard about why you're getting all those downvotes, and don't fall back to bullshit conclusions like "redditors are dumb". as true as that may be, there's a fairly obvious reason why your factually correct point is unpopular in this context.

No one EVER contested that a cryptographically secure voting system wasn't possible.

People have always contested the work involved when someone FINDS an exploit. What if a program always intercepts all your data and shows you the wrong candidate? You would have to find a "Non hacked" computer/voting system to enter your keys in to verify accuracy. ( and what if you assume everything is hacked? ) Everyone can verify a paper ballot. it's alot more trouble to generate millions of false votes.

Only thing I'd change is printing verification keys on the paper ballot and being able to see online wether someone has counted your vote correctly. It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes.

>he doesn't know how Monero solved this
thanks for posting STEMlet

Most people are quite tech illiterate, you imbecile. No fancy theory or model will help you with that.

I'm reminded of that Mickens article précis:
>This World Of Ours: Wherein it is revealed that 1024-bit keys cannot prevent people from sending their credit card numbers to Nigerian princes. (I think that 1025-bit keys might solve the problem, but nobody listens to my common-sense advice.)

damn i really hate op and i just wish his family died from the most painful cancer tomorrow lol

Attached: 1db37112591b85ae79d2b679cc6242c141b4343ef682d4222d51f96d01e15a73.jpg (800x600, 285K)

is that r/cryptocurrency? public ledger i assume you mean blockchain..

you are right tho op. but that cant have been a programming sub

it"s still shitposting even if youre being ironic

lurk moar faggot

So fraudulent votes are detected how? If dead people vote they can't wake up and check their vote was lodged correctly. That being said, you should probably go back.

solution :

crypto-voting, everyone gets a wallet associated to their ssn/voting registration, and you receive voting coins, non-minable, candidates receive the voting-coins, the candidate with most vutcoins wins.

You're welcome, america, no need to thank me.

Attached: thonk.jpg (512x512, 20K)

sauce?

don't post here for a year at least

if you're saying that OP should kill himself I agree

i guess i just don't get to vote if i don't own a computer or if i don't have internet access

He said he would never [[[support]]] the use of computerized voting machines, not that they theoretically can't ensure no voting fraud.

As you said, the general public is borderline retarded, so it shouldn't be used anyways.

>>>/reddit/

Your OP and this post especially shows that you clearly do not belong here. I urge you to lurk and only spectate for 2 years minimum before contributing even a post let alone a thread. This way you can understand the culture of this website. That said, everyone bumping this thread needs to gas themselves immediately.

but you're wrong. Bitcoin only works because hashing power is a fundamentally finite resource. So using bitcoin as an analogy would only mean that you could vote with your mining power, obviously retarded. The consensus system of bitcoin only works because there is no downside for miners to accept that the last guy mined his block; you can earn your bitcoins just as easily working on a longer chain as a shorter chain, but you choose the longer chain because the longest chain has taken the most cumulative effort to find, thus everyone accepts the longest chain as canonical. Thus there is no reason to ever work on the shorter chains, which keeps consensus intact.

Do you guys have not phones?

anyway
obviously you could set up voting centers, permanently link the voting wallet to an id card you must use for voting, go to the center as you normally would do, vote, ensure you have 0 buttcoins left in your wallet, move on for the next vutcoin voter.

People who cry when they get downvoted are worse than the people who downvote them.

But also there are valid criticism; such that despite the theory being sound, the implementation is up to exploitation

Why should I care?

Fuck off we don't want you here.

1. You can't audit a machine you don't own.
2. Under most scenarios, it's DESIRABLE that you can't proof who you voted in. This is the only protection you have in case you're being blackmailed to vote in a certain candidate.

Paper ballots have been falsified since Ancient Greece you fucking idiot.

we don't need any more whinny faggots here, there's already too much of that

also, complaining about virtual points on the internet is fucking retarded

You really give a shit about the opinions of ledditfags? Speak your speak, insult them faggots, their over zelous mods and then leave. Nothing more nothing less.

if anything MORE people would vote if it meant not leaving the comfort of their homes... Fuck poor people. They're not voting anyways.

>use RSA lol

CS majors prove again to be the biggest retards around.

>when your opinion is so stupid that fucking reddit calls you out on it
Fully electronic voting is retarded. If you don't at least maintain a paper backup, you are either tech illiterate or dishonest.

Attached: 1532490120695.jpg (961x632, 96K)

>people can sell their vote wallet
>people can be forced to give up the vote wallet to identify their votes
>zombie wallets make voting fraud easier than ever

All SHA keys are backdoored, idiot. Cryptography is just a reverse psychology tactic to track those with subversive activities.

The best way to blend in is as a normie with nothing to hide.

found the post

downvoted

Reported to Reddit for supporting facism, fuck off we're full.

Wow, you're criminally retarded.

I mean this seriously: please kill yourself. Right now.

shut the fuck up, minimum is being oldfag everyone else can suck my balls and by your typing skills i know that you here for less than two months so fuck off.

>Complains about bumps
>doesnt sage

Get out, CIA plant. Rainbow tables have already been established as oublic knowledge.

as opossed to how it already is? with dead people voting?

fucking hell I thought Jow Forums hated reddit
I come here to complain about retards and I get insulted
I'm leaving, I know more about technology than you all do anyways, LOL

you belong in reddit. go home.

i farm downvotes, its fun and challenging, i try to be a contrarian or hit the nerf without relaying on actual things that would enrage them like saying that Trump will win and easy bait.
Sometimes it backfires and i get 600 upvotes do

wow much lingo
such hacker
OP, I bet you type in without looking, by rapidly and chaotically moving your fingers

>muh board culture
Kill your family

Attached: 937652736547.gif (240x180, 2M)

>censoring your name
Kill yourself OP

Attached: 1516818338345.png (847x279, 31K)

I've got two feelings about this reply;

1. relax champ.
2. your positivity isn't appropriate here, you don't have to be a cunt but don't be affectionate to anyone.

Attached: 1541287192968.jpg (294x290, 20K)

lost

>implying the whole post isn't a scheme to get us to brigade some random redditor he's pissed at
OP should still kill himself, whoever he is.

>he apologizes and begins to beg
You don't belong here.

>implying
you're right, lets change like other boards that feature a dozen threads apiece for both twitter screencaps and reddit posts! XD

>insure
fukkin dumbass

Vote-by-mail master race

kek, not what i meant but i wish i had

Attached: Don't-Forget-You're-Here-Forever.jpg (606x406, 43K)

>he thinks electronic voting can be secured

Attached: 1449114488644.jpg (492x559, 64K)

You got downvoted because you hurt his fee fees with a personal attack

>e-voting
>fuckings mutts

Attached: cc7.png (1584x864, 75K)

Voting rights were a mistake.

It was downvoted because you posted like an asshole. You said "you must not be a very good programmer" as your first thing, most redditors will stop reading there and just downvote because it makes them feel bad. Up/down votes are just emotional reactions, if something feels good you upvote, if it feels bad you downvote. You were negative in a thread that wasn't a hate circlejerk so you got downvoted.

That's a very rare occurence.

how rich are you?

It can be secured easily. The issue is still who you trust to do what exactly.

your iq is not high enough to post on this board.

>REDDIT????!!!?!?! HOLY MOTHER OF SHIT!!!! I HOPE YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND KYS U FAGGOT!!!! I AM VERY VERY ANGRY AND TAKE IT OUT ON STRANGERS ONLINE

Attached: af920b13f660c89c5da04d82ae696e73.jpg (256x337, 13K)

jesus christ fucking kill yourself

>And then, like an absolute and utter motherfucking badass, I told him to kill himself. That's what you get for coming around here, punk

Attached: images.jpg (211x238, 9K)

>Also there's a very good reason votes aren't public

ya, to allow for voter fraud. there is no other respectable reason otherwise.

Where'd you find that picture of me?

this

good. people without minimum capital requirements shouldn't be allowed to vote for blatant gibsmedats anyhow.

yes yes but have you been REDPILLED yet user

your comment is wrong, dumb, requires private keys distributed by the gov, non-anonymous and you cry on Jow Forums about a reddit comment you derserve more than 18 downvotes

Wrong. If you make the votes cast public, you can have vote buying and easy coercion [by family members, by the community who just won't approve if you don't vote the right thing] and many other issues.

A lot of democracies practice secret ballot voting and for the few representatives that have to vote in public so the public can see how they're represented, they get some special protection against coercion and so on.

>We can make software stable enough to land probes on a fucking asteroid
>Somehow can't make secure software for counting votes
I'm with you OP, but any vote counting software would have to be FOSS and highly vetted for me to consider it safe. I'm not expert, but I'd also expect it to be done over a private network, which is air gapped from the internet.

>If you don't at least maintain a paper backup that can be ballot stuffed later...

retard.

You first 7 words ensured your 'downvotes'. How could even used that shit website and still be confused as to why your post was disliked. Not to mention the 2 edits complaining about being voted down.

>you can have vote buying
this already happens
>easy coercion [by family members, by the community who just won't approve if you don't vote the right thing]
this is already """illegal""" and still not an argument. Votes impact lives and should be held to a limited amount of accountability.

there is no full-proof voting system that can exist that must allow for anonymous voting otherwise.

>this way everyone can see evenryone's votes
What? That's exactly what you don't want.

>there is no other respectable reason otherwise
How about not getting lynched by an angry communist mob?

Attached: TrumpProtest_wedsnight_13_JoeRiedl.jpg (1200x801, 240K)

>there is no other respectable reason otherwise
are you retarded?

if votes were public you could pay for votes (now even if you pay there's no way to verify if you haven't waste your money)
thats the main reason

also imagine general ostracism from workplace to harassment from local SFW/antifa monkeys if it was public that you voted for (((him)))
(not that people don't show off their political sympathies now, but it's voluntary and clear sign if low IQ)

Kill yourself we don't care faggot

That's like saying a receipt is a check, moron.