Why arent cyber shoes being talked about

i'm sure you've heard of VR. It's absolutely everywhere.
but have you heard of VR where you can walk infinitely, in any direction? the Infinadeck, the Virtuix Omni, and Spacewalker are famous for this concept. but what if there was another way to do it without having to throw out $700?

Here it is, Cyber Shoes.
youtube.com/watch?v=RYOwKemIan4

instead of needing a $700-1200 high-tech suspension system with a treadmill underneath your feet, you just need a chair and a rug. which, in fact, this does come with. It works by having the whole treadmill system in a strap-on device that you slip on your shoes.
isn't that the most practical, low-cost virtual treadmill you've ever heard of? is this real??

Attached: cybershoes.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ktm5qnWx-rI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/v/

This is pretty neat. You can walk around while remaining in one spot, so the size of your room doesn't matter.

Can't wait to try them

Shilling this blatantly.

Attached: out.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

it's shit. Not the same as treadmills. You will be CONSCIOUSLY walking in place you mongoloid

>You will be CONSCIOUSLY walking in place
I imagine you won't be aware you're walking in place depending on how immersive the locomotion is in-game.

As i see this i can only think of how much motion sickness you'll get.
VR is a hundred years too soon.

Attached: download.jpg (220x229, 6K)

> Kickstarter

dropped

I dont like videogames and you should fuck off back to /v/ you nigger cattle

Good idea but poor execution. If they're supposed to mimic walking action then you should be able to use them while standing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktm5qnWx-rI
Something like this is a better solution for sitting VR.

A little bit more immersive than using a joystick, but desu who the fuck want to be waling in real life to move in game. Even standing and flailing your hands for longer time is tiring. Imagine walking across the map in Skyrim, it's like walking a marathon

nice shilling

Tru dat.
Just wait a decade or two for full dive systems.

Nice to see ideas coming out, it would be better with 360 rolling and a higher chair at a bit of a tilt that you strap on, my own Omni I built takes up half my downstairs garage and is noisy as hell

It's going to be way longer than a few decades for Overlord/SAO tier dive systems. I don't know why people keep bringing that shit up.

Almost all treadmills are shit. You really need a wide area that supports full 2D motion. This stuff is literally only good for walking simulators, anything with action in it where you might want to make sudden and unpredictable movements is not gonna work and is gonna feel clunkier than a joystick.

I'd certainly give it no more than a few decades, considering the scale of the contracts that darpa is giving, and the deadlines they're targeting.
Fully functional artificial limbs (with feedback) by 2023 with non-invasive BCIs.
And at that point its just a matter of scaling low-invasive BCIs (also part of the contract, for per-neuron manipulations) to give enough connections for other senses.

Back in the days when I worked on simulators I was told motion sickness was mainly a problem for females.

I can see Slashdot being a shilling arena, but Jow Forums??

>neat
leddit m'sir

>*hits wall*
You'll be consciously walking in place because it's in your interest to do so

All these new VR peripheral startups are DOA. Adoption is hard enough as it is with the low user base for what is currently an enthusiast product. No developers are going to support these shits en masse.