Linux is a phase. Prove it otherwise

Linux is a phase. Prove it otherwise.

Attached: screenshot 261.png (1142x710, 487K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/K0bp4fsi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

been using it for 12 years ... spretty long phase mom

can confirm
started using Arch 1 week after sucking a man's penis

Have had it on my laptop for 8 years, moving to it on my desktop over Christmas

It's been used in 1% of desktops for a while now, without much change. I dont see how its a phase if its consistently used the same amount.

>"linux is a phase"
>posts on a website hosted on a linux server

Attached: 4i47p64z02py.jpg (828x1160, 416K)

>Linux is a phase
No, it's a kernel.

It's been a 20 year phase for me. I built a PC for Christmas 98 and needed an OS, so went to a brick and mortar. They were selling SuSE. Came with a bunch of disks and a big thick manual. That was the beginning of this hell for me.

>only using 5% RAM is a phase
brainlet spotted

You can get windows 7 under 200MB of RAM on idle.

Show me the source code for Windows 7.

yeah with 2GB of RAM on a 32-bit version and killing everything on startup

linux isn't even an operating system, unless you're talking about GNU/linux?

>Using more battery on laptops than windows is a phase
>Plugging in a second monitor and just having it work on windows, just a phase

Linux is a kernel.

Everything's a phase. We're only temporal. Even you being a faggot is a phase.

You mean just GNU? No one talks about linux here

Attached: gnu.png (745x171, 26K)

fuck off stallman, come back when HURD is working and usable

>Even you being a faggot is a phase
And this phase ends with the death.

It's proprietary. But since you seem so bothered with source code, why don't you enlighten us ITT and talk about what this piece of the linux kernel does: pastebin.com/K0bp4fsi
If you care so much about being able to read the source code of your system you surely can explain what is going on there and what it's used for right?

maybe only 1% of world population is in that phase at the time?
someone grows out and someone falls in?

Sure. My phase will end when windows will stop being shit.

>thinks one person has to know the entire codebase
>thinks every user hast to be familiar with the code
That's not how open source works. But nice brainwashing from microshit.

Technology is a phase. Prove me wrong.

It's true.

Moving goalposts I see... Surely proved my point.

I'm not the user you were replying to. Just had to intervene because I saw that he argument you were beginning was stupid.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1493989211505.jpg (850x660, 362K)

This

Attached: OK.jpg (515x589, 34K)

> can't read simple futex list code

user, I...

Can you?