Why is Krita suddenly so good while GIMP is still a broken mess?

Why is Krita suddenly so good while GIMP is still a broken mess?
Proper photo manipulation features for Krita when?

Attached: krita-kiki.png (1000x750, 478K)

Its utter shit on my 1366x768 screen.

>GIMP
With that name, they never really had a chance.

>Why is Krita suddenly so good while GIMP is still a broken mess?
For one they have a more focused goal being a painting application first and foremost.
They have a solid funding model with the usual donations and a yearly Kickstarter campaign.
They have proper artists like David Revoy using it, thus advertising it, giving them feedback and possibly even helping development otherwise.
They also do a lot of publicity work by going to events and such.
But most importantly they have a cute mascot.

for some reason furry autism is real and furries make great programmers. Also the mascot being made by another furry just make it even better.

lotsa furry around to fund their program of choice

As someone who just found out about this how does it compare to GIMP if i don't draw and use it only for cutting out anime girls?

I want to fuck that cyber squirrel.

It makes you wonder if GIMP's devs are doing it on purpose, there have been many complaints about the lack of some of the most basic functions, like simply selecting multiple layers at once to delete them for example, if you're working with dozens of layers you're fucked because shift-click does nothing and muh chain and muh layer group still don't allow you to delete multiple layers at once, even deleting one by one you have to right-click anyway because there're no default keys bound to the delete function, it makes no fucking sense, the DEL button is there for a reason and it's not being used for anything else, at least not when you have a layer selected.

tl;dr install some old cracked photoshop and you'll be ahead for the next 20 years of GIMP's development.

>le C++ chad codebase vs le C virgin spaghettos

CHAD professional and cute toolkit Krita vs virgin depricated version of your own toolkit Gimp

Attached: 1521406816419.gif (710x828, 21K)

From the thumbnail it looked like she was holding panties. Is Krita good for gifs?

Attached: fb02824b62705fb3e300f2a3da0139d6.jpg (800x800, 260K)

You're utter shit if you dare post on this board with that cucked resolution

>16:9
Nope

GNOME and how they hijacked GTK has really ruined GIMP.

How come the performance is so shit on a low end PC compared to Inkscape or GIMP? Is Krita not written in C? Is it some Python GUI abortion ?

>Krita is a paint/drawing program.
>Gimp is photo editor.
They're both free. How about stop being a fucking retard and learn to use the right tool for the job.

Krita is pretty GPU heavy iirc. Performance is also worse on Windows from what I heard.
I've created 8k textures with a ton of layers in it just fine on a mid range PC from 2014 though.

The Krita Team followed on the steps of Blender, they created the Krita foundation: they get income from education material and training. Also it is very popular with independent and amateur artists.

Gimp doesn't have any well structured financial plan, there is no big community of people using Gimp.

>Image editing on a screen you can barely see

GIMP isn't broken, it actually has a ton of extremely useful features. things like color-to-alpha and the normal mapping filter.
it's only problem is the usability. UI is a nightmare and things as simple as "select a part of the layer and move it" take more steps than in most other manipulation tools

Krita is for painting/drawing, GIMP is for image manipulation. Both are for different use cases

t-thanks, wikipedia man