WebP

why can I post WEBM videos, but not WEBP images on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1539619893725.webm (960x540, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Kagami/webm.py
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Preset-files
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because facts don't care about your feelings

webp is the superior open source image format.

>jewgle

>Hiroshima adding anything to Jow Forums other than ads and shitposting boards
dude.

better aks why you can post vp8 but not vp9 to Jow Forums, when vp9 can provide better quality and smaller filesize resulting in better looking webms and longer webms.

hiroshimoot is a fag

fucking this
vp9 has been out for ages already

>not using AV1

>jpg
>png
>gif
>webm vp8
>...
So this is the power of Jow Forums.

don't support the jews

How these, supposedly better, formats compares to .wmv?

Maybe if your retards would stop buying passes hiroshiggjew would start listening to our valuable and legitimate complaints.

We need to put more pressure on Jow Forums to adopt it. I too am sick of all these bloated image files here. Even if you have a 10,000 Mbps internet connection Jow Forums will dip down to 1mbps in serving you content sometimes.

Attached: 1386795355308.gif (320x287, 982K)

vp9 when

I already did that, I didn't renew my pass that expired oct 2018 and I don't plant to buy another one until webp support is added at least on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1518830610245.gif (420x315, 456K)

Imagine you're not the only one using Jow Forums

Attached: mind blown.gif (220x146, 861K)

No browser supports webp.

/thread

>not posting webm images

Attached: 1524787630654.webm (856x846, 34K)

Maybe we all are just bots.
Haven't you thought about that?

Which is why we desperately need webp support to compensate for 4chans shotty hosting.

we get vp8 thanks to some google intern moot hired but I don't think mook gonna implement vp9 anytime soon

yeah can be true bot#575738227

I remember this, I still got the script. It's still just a placeholder until we get proper webp support. Some of it should work on termux for phones too.

PNG:
for %%f IN (*.png) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.png" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -quality best -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

JPG:
for %%f IN (*.jpg) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.jpg" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -quality best -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

Or maybe Hiroshima should put image/webm posting behind paywall?
This way Hiroshima would get enough shekels to pay for better server.

Attached: steve_jobs_by_rwared3af4rz.jpg (487x740, 169K)

Jow Forums is still using PHP and you niggas wonder why it doesn't have VP9/WebP support? come on

>i dont use chrome or firefox

you should drop IE as soon as possible. there are better browsers.

I'd be tempted at least.

what do you try to say? It supports vp8 and vp9 is probably blacklisted by hand they are able to allow it but just don't do it for whatever reason

shill your autism somewhere else

This is so stupid

Mods are fags.
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

How hard could it possibly be to implement more media formats?

why do you ask me it's not hard ask fucking hiroshimoot

What?

Attached: Comb07112018120756.jpg (1280x2160, 241K)

It really is, we wouldn't have to hack a fucking video codec if Jow Forums wasn't so assbackwards as fuck.

Combine them both.

for %%f IN (*.png, *jpg) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%f" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -quality best -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

cool, I wish I wasn't so brainlet like you user

Attached: wheresmymic.gif (320x240, 1.69M)

Do people like you actively use AV1 or do you guys just automatically post this as soon as someone mentions another video format? My experience is that it's far from being usable for end consumers yet.

Why -loop 1 and -t 2? I thought Jow Forums supports 1 frame webms.

high cpu usage infinitely looping 1 frame at the speed of light

because chinese moot bad

Ah, didn't think about that. Thanks.

I've had good experience with it on youtube and I hope all anime is encoded with it

Yes, but Google has a bit more processing power than an individual. Last I used it (which wasn't too long ago; libaom v1.0.0 with ffmpeg) it took me 18 hours for the first 1000 frames of a 1080p Bluray remux with the default speed setting. The fastest setting was still a lot slower than x265 with the veryslow preset and the quality suffered so much that x265 beat it easily.

Now I don't want to claim that I'm very experienced with AV1, but I from what I saw I wouldn't recommend using it quite yet.

this, hiro is a fucking cocksucker

How much do I need to buy Jow Forums.org?

-c:v libvpx -vframes 1
/done

because hiroshima doesn't give a shit about this website

bout tree fiddy

I got into some money with a relative who won the lotto and very interested

>implying hiroshitma gives a fuck about anything but embedding malicious scripts, forcing you clickbaits adds and selling white pig data

Attached: 1496876903095.jpg (923x599, 513K)

dont give the fucker ideas.
He'll make the catalog a premium feature

I personally run
truncate -S 4M myfile.jpg
b4 posting just to piss off low bandwidth fags

>he doesn't want to pay monthly subscription to view adult content on 4chinks

Attached: Whoa.jpg (425x316, 18K)

test

Attached: 1528040519657.webm (813x1200, 94K)

what do you guys use to make webms?
is there an alternative to webm for retards? it's not working for me

Attached: 1521189608407.jpg (650x62, 27K)

Most use ffmpeg directly. You still have to adjust the bitrate to make it fit into the 3MB limit though. Webm for retards cuts the video short if it's too big, ffmpeg will just produce a file that's too big to be posted.

test

Attached: test.webm (936x1404, 35K)

yup, high cpu

use
instead

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-07-14-10-12.png (720x1280, 611K)

>being this retarded
its just blacklisted you fuck

Images that must be opened in a video player and then paused are an abomination. Stop that shit now.

github.com/Kagami/webm.py
webm.py -i infile -vp8 -an -l [desired filesize in MB] out.webm

huh, used an older version (2.18) and it worked
neat

Attached: 1535521369015.webm (1286x1080, 1.44M)

I swear these phoneposters have killed this website

Not saying it's your fault because I don't know the details but lol at not being able to use something labeled as being for retards

You still have to use some amount of common sense. It calculates the theoretical bitrate for you, but this doesn't guarantee that the webm fits within the specified limit. You can't just give it a 2 min long 1080p video and expect it to fit it into a 3MB limit.
Their wiki is awesome though.

well the only clue I got is that this shows up on the newer version's log thing
too dumb to fix it, especially since the only lead google gave me is from 3 years ago, and it seems they fixed it just by using a newer version or something
oh well, not my problem anymore

Attached: 1537494922614.jpg (442x33, 11K)

after using it for a while, it seems pretty predictable, with higher framerates making it less so. And most of the other ffmpeg options work like time parameters, and that 1080p can be -vf scale=-1:360 -l 3 with pretty good results.

Attached: out.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

btw after using time params to cut a 2 minute section, I needed to ffmpeg with -c copy of the webm.py outfile, because Jow Forums seems to think it's longer than 2 minutes. Metadata, I guess.

My point is that you still have to put a little thought into it (which isn't bad, I'm just stating the fact). I thought that the other user wanted to achieve some ridiculous compression ratio and was confused by how it didn't work as planned, but it seems like the problem lies elsewhere (according to ).

I'm also not saying that it's a bad script. It does a good job at streamlining the encoding process and offers good default encoding settings compared to ffmpeg. It's still far away from completely automating the process though. Like I mentioned before, a bit of user input is still necessary if you have more difficult footage.

If you use ffmpeg's presets for vp8 transcodes, you can guesstimate fairly good how many seconds you can fit to xMB after a while.
ls /usr/share/ffmpeg
-fpre /usr/share/ffmpeg/libvpx-360p.ffpreset
or
-c:v libvpx -vpre 360p
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Preset-files
>If you make custom ones, you can drop them in ~/.ffmpeg and -vpre should find them.

Or divide 3MB/duration for max bit rate and use superior crf encoding.

APNG support when?

Attached: 1519523000891.png (672x1237, 38K)

APNG is useless with webm

I don't know why but this webm screams "soicuck" for some reason, it's somehow cringy.

It's just some guy showing off a car. The fuck are you on about?

because chinkmoot was too busy running a youtube competition so that he can fill his pockets money because there are enough idiots on this website to work for free for him haha

who cares about new and better image formats on an imageboard?

Attached: 1515405984259.jpg (927x585, 79K)

based and nenpilled

Attached: 1537304396169.png (709x1058, 808K)

You're the fag. Mods did a thing for me when a thread I wanted to look at was having problems, so fuck you.

Firefox 65 is supposed to have webp support.
Sched release for Jan 2019.
Anonymous##Devs will be all over it, I'm sure.
Let me rephrase that.
Mods are proud, strong, independent gay men.

Attached: soon.jpg (500x349, 34K)

>Mods are proud, strong, independent gay men.
Diversity is their strongth.

No they wont

They'll only do it if Google bribes them, and it's probably what chinkmoot is waiting for, all that ugly gook cares about is money, he gives absolutely no fucks about this website or its community

The SJW turb-jpeg encoder was an absolute flop, they have nothing to hold a candle to webp now. Their market share is plummeting faster than a stalled aircraft, they BETTER adopt it lest they become another netscrape.

this is what happens when you spend too much time on Jow Forums

go outside, user