Do you think we can convince people to use gentoo en-masse instead of windows?

Do you think we can convince people to use gentoo en-masse instead of windows?

Attached: Gentoo Linux Wallpapers (3).jpg (1600x1200, 92K)

No.

Yes.

Maybe.

ok

I don't know

not even good developers would use it

I can't think of an answer.

It's garbage so no

>t. seething archfag

>Jow Forums can convince anyone in anything
you cocksuckers could not even convince me not to use apple devices.

Yes, it's called ChromeOS.

what we need is a public database for n00bs who don't know what they need in their kernel .configs. the server would host both Portage binhosts (so people don't have to compile everything) and .config files for different respective laptop and desktop models (most computers are prebuilt anyway, sorry gaymers).
if someone made something like this, with sufficient marketing, I think Gentoo could eat up the distro market very quickly, since at that point there's literally no reason to use anything else.

Attached: 3R2EHD1tXw-2.png (300x250, 53K)

if linux in general was less of a pain in the ass for retards like me, a lot more people would use it

We dont need retards, sorry user

They are both equally shit so that shouldn't be a problem.

Why would we want to do that?
Popularizing something is the best way to ruin it.

That's because you like to consume large quantities of semen.

Well, autism does seem to be on the rise.

No. It's a pain in the Ass to install

>let's compile a software billions of time instead of one for a 0.0001ms speed up and 0.001ko saved
>worth it
If the compile time is higher than 1 seconde then it's not worth it.
We already spend too much time waiting for websites to load or during file dl or transfert. Losing one day for updates is not acceptable.
It will be ubuntu or nothing.

Fuck you!

>convince people that since windows is closed source it is a russian hacking machine or something
>normies dont want ruskies messing with the malware ridden shitboxes
> attemp to install gentoo
> get stuck at configirng their wifi
> take it to computer repair man
> "i dont know this looks really hacked i will need 100$ to fix it
>keep all of Jow Forums in hungry man frozen dinners
admit its a foolproof plan

it rarely takes more than 30 minutes.

gentoo is good but I'm having a much better experience using funtoo. easier to install and less of a pain in the ass. it's also very well optimized for my cpu so compiling is not as long as it is in gentoo but that's not saying much

You don't know why Gentoo is source-based, you are vastly overexaggerating of how long most package merges take and you're not aware of the fact that you can continue using your PC during updates. Consider sudoku

you guys would public speakers to do that, nerds are generally abrasive, highly opinionated and long-winded people. i would know since i used to be the same way