OLED? More like planned obsOLEscence'D

OLED? More like planned obsOLEscence'D

Attached: buildingoled.png (381x288, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

displaydaily.com/article/display-daily/samsung-display-accelerating-plans-to-shift-to-qd-oled
energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2018/02/f48/bergmann_emitters_nashville18.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've only been on this earth 20 years, but I have literally never had a dead pixel and I always buy the cheapiest shittiest monitors on the market.
maybe you should stop throwing magnets at your screen.

>Samsung's coming back to OLED because they can't compete with ancient LCD tech and micro LED won't be ready anytime soon
loving every laugh

It's not dead pixels. It's that the OLED screen as a whole slowly degrades and two years down the line it will show piss-yellow instead of white. Plus the burn-in so it's not good for computer monitors.

>slowly degrades and two years down the line it will show piss-yellow instead of white
Perfect! Eye-saving blue filter for free!

>It's a feature!

NPC-tier cringe

Enjoy your reds burning down next.

Losing blue light is a GOOD thing.
>burn-in
Non-issue if your brightness is at less than ~70%

>permanently losing colors at a hardware level is good for you
goyim, I...

Attached: 1445378717010.png (333x293, 6K)

Absolute state of consumerist retards.

Attached: cook_0.jpg (1000x1000, 296K)

Yes? You're using redshift/blue light filter anyway so you're literally not losing anything and are getting battery life in return.

what ? owned s5 for 4 years and i have never noticed anything like this even side by side with new phones with amoled displays

It loses colour dumbass.

The blue OLED degrades more quickly, leaving it more yellow.

>being this new

To be fair you have to intentionally abuse oled like using it as a picture frame and never use a screen saver. Other than that it will last many many years before it has any noticeable burn in. The higher response times and true contrast ratios significantly outperform most if not all LCD displays.

In fact not using oled has turned many away from microsoft despite the good drawing tablet pc gimmick. It was really really bad on the surface book for some reason.

Attached: Comb07112018011832.jpg (1375x2084, 300K)

Just don't use it too much.

For those not that tech savy: response time must be lower than frame time for a good experience free of ghosting and other visual artifacts. Where the threshold is is open to debate (50%, 25%, 10%...)

120 fps: 8.3ms
75 fps: 13.3ms
60 fps: 16.3
30 fps: 33.3

You're buying low res monitors, of course you won't have pixel issues on those

>you can't use oled as a picture frame
oh no, the horror!

Attached: ASdLxTi.png (1080x1124, 1.15M)

lcd? more like milky blacks, see

SSD? More like Someday Stop working D

nice buzzword salad

CRT? More like depereCated hipsteR Tech.

5000 hours lifetime

Attached: real-burn-in-5000 hours-red.jpg (3840x2160, 1.25M)

Keep your fingers crossed for MicroLED ramp up and cost reduction. We need this. All the stop gap "QLEP" type bullshit and tons of local dimming regions is nice, but its not good enough. MicroLED can be a true direct upgrade from high quality CRT tubes, with higher resolutions, low power consumption, light weight. They're potentially the best display tech to ever hit the market since SED was lost in development/patent hell.

I've 34, and the only dead pixel I've ever seen was on my original Sony PSP.
No matter how many shitty Acer or Viewsonic monitors I bought, I never had a dead pixel. I've had backlights die on me, but never had a panel defect.

I've had phones get mild burn in though.

Rather have this in 3-4 years than desu senpai

>Keep your fingers crossed for MicroLED ramp up and cost reduction.
Don't count on it. If MicroLED was anywhere close to being ready for the consumer market Samsung wouldn't be ramping up plans to pivot to OLED for their TVs, as we now know they are:
displaydaily.com/article/display-daily/samsung-display-accelerating-plans-to-shift-to-qd-oled

Either Samsung believe there OLED panels are now fit for TV use or they've stopped caring about longevity.
There is only one reason I can think of why Samsung despite being the leader in OLED decided to stop doing OLED TVs awhile ago and that's because even there panels just wouldn't last atleast not back then

There are legit braindead shills like that guy around here, can't tell if it's bait anymore.

Your opinion on OLED and monitors in general for that matter is clearly irrelevant. Any computer monitor you've had would be either a TN panel, VA panel or IPS panel. There's just a handful of phones with OLED displays and there's some OLED TVs too. The technology does have deeper blacks but it's also got problems with burn-in - like CRT monitors did. Since you're just a child you probably never seen a CRT monitor with the good old MS-Dos C:\> prompt burned into it. That was a thing for some time. These days it's more common to see a TV with some channels logo burned into it. OLEDs also got a problem where colors will look great like a IPS panel when it's new but two years later it's like looking at a TN panel.

As for the dead pixel thing, I have the impression that's mostly a quality control issue. I've seen new monitors with dead pixels, it was more common some years ago than it is now. Usually just a matter of returning it for another. I haven't seen dead pixels magically appear after some time like bad sectors on a HDD. Not saying it doesn't happen, it's just not something I've encountered.

That's exactly it. low-end monitors are old technology that have already been perfected, it's the new monitors that you have to RMA 5 times until you get one without a dead pixel.

I'll take a display that shits itself over time over one that's shit from the start any day. Going back to IPS was such a downgrade

Then you're simply out of the loop.

OLED is still very much an evolving technology. Samsung and LG are both chasing after affordable top-level emission OLED, which would improve the light efficiency radically. That means either higher peak brightness or longer longevity, but it's likely they'll pick longevity since OLED can already hit 1000cd/m^2 but is currently software limited. LG also held patents for their filtered white OLED, which has the best uniformity in subpixel degrading. Samsung not too long ago proposed QD-OLED, where they use blue OLED with QD photoemissive filters to produce red and green. Like white OLED it will degrade more uniformly while producing better colors, though samsung's OLED technology is already capable of color ranges meeting or surpassing the DCI-P3 standard. So they were roadblocked for a while by LG. Samsung, along with everyone else researching OLED has also been looking into materials for blue emission because it had the weakest efficiency. Recently stuff like TADF-based OLED has been proposed, with claims that TADF based blue OLEDs are hundreds times more efficient over current OLED technologies.

Have a look at this

energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2018/02/f48/bergmann_emitters_nashville18.pdf

Note the investors. First high efficiency deep blue TADF-based OLED in commercial displays by 2019?

>OLED is still very much an evolving technology
I should say quickly evolving. IPS still gets some revisions but a lot of it in the past 8 years has been about saving costs. A great deal of improvements actually come from backlight improvements or display technology agnostic filters. Meanwhile even VA managed to nearly triple its contrast ratio. Of course you won't find any of those in monitors. AUO and Samsung only seem to make junk for monitors. 2500:1? Really? That's worse than the 3000:1 displays from like 2012

Garbage after a few years vs garbage on day 1. Such a hard choice. Still cant wait for microLED tho.