Louis Rossmann & Right to Repair WON

macrumors.com/2018/11/07/2018-macbook-air-battery-individually-replaceable/

Louis Rossmann & Right to Repair WON

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: macbook-air-battery.jpg (800x409, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
appleinsider.com/articles/18/11/06/mac-mini-2018-review-apples-mightiest-mini-yet
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1537072167690.gif (500x491, 376K)

when did this place become worse than reddit?

How? Isn't this a good thing for them?

No, because they don't like more freedom

not really, is just neutral, some will look and say "look apple is so good you can even replace the battery" and some others will say "the jews lost again, haha they lost, fuck apple"

>when did this place become worse than reddit?

Attached: 1340469192534.png (1440x851, 97K)

The new macbook air is starting to look like the proper replacement for my 2012 MacBook Pro

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 231K)

>fagbooks
>replacement for anything
LMAO

Attached: 1518167727215.png (682x989, 394K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Apple's profits! Their poor profits!!!!
You will PAY for hurting my Apple!

>The battery in the new MacBook Air is still glued into the top case, the aluminum enclosure that houses the keyboard and trackpad, but Apple will be providing Genius Bars and Apple Authorized Service Providers with tools to remove the battery and reinstall a new one with no top case replacement required.
wow so brave

And the reality of it is, some engineers slapped together a macbook air and the end product coincidentally was easier to repair.

I knew Jow Forums was always full or retards discussing CONSUMER ELECTRONICS rather then technology, but recently we did get influx of redditors and poos.

The Lenovo Thinkpad never had this problem.

Attached: 1534564464863.webm (640x360, 1004K)

Thinkpad? More like THICCpad.

to be fair the thinkpads have worse battery life, and smaller battery supplies, but you also have the option of taking multiple batteries and hotswapping them

I remember that. Fun times telling people they'd be backtracking in a few years.

The sales and marketing departments are the people that make the choices at Apple ever since Steve Jobs died.
Their engineering can't possible think of this as a bad thing, they're probably quite happy about this development.
So you're 100% correct in this case, the engineering department won thanks to pressure coming from people like Rossmann and the marketing and sales departments lost.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614

Wait.
First the SO-DIMMs in the mini and now this?
Are they finally listening?

Don't worry. They'll just use tougher glue so the tip half of the computer cannot be separated from the battery without damaging both.

>Are they finally listening?
Just getting a head start before governments start legislating against them.

and how exactly does that fucking matter when apple doesnt allow you to buy the batteries?, or has them stopped at the border if you do manage to get them?

and even -IF- they ever sell them to users and repair shops, you can bet they will cost 50%+ of the machines total worth upon release.

>$600 battery
That thing better be nuclear powered and last for a century.

it only works once

>in an ice cream cafe in Gainesville FL, a half mile from the UF campus
>literally every single laptop in here is a Macbook of some sort
>while I tread gloriously on my Dell E6520 I built from scratch and maxed out

Or even better, a Mac battery.

>laptop
>built from scratch

I guarantee you the SO-DIMMs in the mini are a space saving measure more than anything. Stacking them means less space taken up on the width/length than if they had soldered the RAM onto the mainboard.

>not showing that you can do all this while the machine is running

> Right to Repair WON
> OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Huh? Are you against it?

fucking fuck. It would be the perfect laptop otherwise.

>inb4 it cant render well

rendering on laptops is never a good idea

>Huh? Are you against it?
It didn't win at all, read the article. They are pretending to do something, when they still are performing the poor practice.

That's an x-series 240-270 (x280 does not have removable battery).
The slim battery has *okay* life, probably around 4 or 5 hours, but the THICC battery can easily last 10+ hours.

If you need to be on battery power all day, you can bring as many batteries as you want along. They're not too expensive off of Amazon.

That's exactly what Louis Rossman is taking Apple to court for.
Apple had customs seize his shipment of batteries inbound from China, because they were "counterfeits".
He's now arguing that, since it's a pretty blatant attempt to choke 3rd party "unauthorized" repair shops.

Apple gets butthurt when you can pay a shop $200 or whatever to replace the battery with a 3rd party part, because then they can't charge $600 for sweet profit, or convince you to buy a new Mac.

Then why is it that you don't lose the warranty by upgrading them?
appleinsider.com/articles/18/11/06/mac-mini-2018-review-apples-mightiest-mini-yet
>Should you opt to upgrade the RAM yourself, you won't void your warranty, but if you happen to somehow damage the machine in the process, you will be out of luck.

>You should also keep the original RAM handy because Apple straight won't service the mini without that original pair of chips.

Imagine if your car dealer didn't let you change the motor oil or windshield wiper fluid. This is what Apple is doing and we should be glad they aren't making cars.

Oh gee I don't know, probably because a lot of people would lose their shit over not being allowed to upgrade something easily user replaceable. Apple aren't THAT retarded user, can you imagine the backlash that would cause, especially with the whole right to repair debate going on?

>apple makes products less repairable
MACTODDLERS BTFO
>apple makes products more repairable
MACTODDLERS BTFO

at this point it feels like we just hate apple just because our peers do.

Exactly. Batteries are wear items; it's a given that they will become less and less effective with use.
It's like not being allowed to replace the tires/brakes on a car, or the belt in your dryer.

Who is "we"?

You aren't meant to use it so much that it gets dusty. You should keep it closed most of the time.

Sheeple. NPCs. Whatever you call people who do things out of peer pressure.

So, Apple "Fans"?

Fans and haters both fit into that category. It's just a fucking laptop, if you don't like it don't buy it.