God yes

god yes

Attached: samsung.webm (1000x552, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/11/7/18072514/samsung-foldable-phone-screen-features-photos-sdc-2018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

T H I C C

Attached: 1537237228070.gif (245x147, 885K)

Based as fuck desu, probably buying gen 2 of this foldable phones because probably gen 1 is going to break/explode/burn/whatever

The dude said they aren't allowed to show it so it's in a brick case for this unfloding display demo

idk why it is getting so much hate. They didnt say this was the final version

are fliphones back yet?

This is literally a step back in every way except the folding screen. We've run out of ideas.

how so?

In just a couple of years we'll have much thinner foldable phones.

I can't wait.

they never left, well maybe the mainstream

Attached: Samsung-W2019.jpg (690x403, 89K)

It's a fucking DS with an external screen and one screen instead of two. Just a thicc clamshell/flip phone piece of shit.

This will literally be the very next phone I buy. I'm waiting it out and not upgrading from my s8 until then.

this, the first one will be a hit or miss but once the technology is more refined there may not be going back to regular smartphones, just like regular pc's got replaced by laptops for normies

>dont worry guys the final version will be so cash!

i would even say laptops are already replaced by phones, normies just dont care to look for laptop, charger, turn the laptop on etc if they can do everything they need on a phone that's ready to go in your pocket

Can anyone fill me out with an actual real-life use of a phone with a foldable screen?

T

Females wearing tight jeans with tiny pockets.

Interesting gimmick, but no LOS is an instant no for me.

>It's a fucking DS
You say that like it's a bad thing. The DS is one of the comfiest electronics to exist.

when on the go, just use front small screen to answer calls and texts
when you need to do something, screel real estate is important, especially when they showed 3 apps multitasking
also just for consuming content like youtube, or webpages

i use two 27 inch monitors and thinking about another one, more screen is better

>Samsung demonstrated a “disguised” device during its developer conference today, and dimmed the lights to protect elements of the design. “There’s a device inside here,” said Justin Denison, SVP of mobile product marketing. “And it is stunning.”

theverge.com/2018/11/7/18072514/samsung-foldable-phone-screen-features-photos-sdc-2018

*scratches*

Attached: 1516053916284.gif (800x371, 105K)

I can't imagine this thing not getting bent in the middle of that hinge.

>4:3 aspect ratio after unfolding
Please be real.

FOR THE LOVE OF THAT IS HOLY PLEASE BE FUCKING REAL.

Attached: 1537928630892.jpg (673x789, 42K)

>battery: 1000mah

they said they developed something new to replace the glass and it works

also, i used foil type screen protector for many years and its just fine, so i wouldn't worry about that

>they said they developed something new to replace the glass
It's called plastic.

>they said they developed something new to replace the glass and it works
Impossible. Harder = breaks easily, softer = scratches easily. You can't change physics.

i don't think they would release the product if it would scratch like crazy, people would mock them for a year

(and don't mention exploding note, it was not by design)

If you want to carry a tablet-sized screen around but don't want to actually carry a tablet in your pocket, then this is perfect.
Literally makes tablets obsolete, and has potentially more space inside for batteries.

Right now it's probably clunky and big, but I bet in a few years it will be as big as a phone from 2014 and will have tons of advantages over non-foldable phones.

The only thing I'm worried about is the wear of the internal screen. The first versions will probably show signs of it along the vertical line in the middle, so we'll have to wait a couple years to see if it lasts.

>i don't think they would release the product if it would scratch like crazy
You severely overestimate them.
>people would mock them for a year
And you would damage control. Something like, "hurr it's folded so it shouldn't get scratches in your pocket".

thin aluminum bends, yet it's hard
i just changed the physics

Scratches easily than glass. Have you ever heard of the mohs scale?

Thin aluminum is not hard and scratches quite easily.

Would love one of these with an inner screen only, and nothing more then an indicator display on the outside for notifications and taking calls. Take me back to the glory days.

yeah you're right

i wonder if they could do two glass panels and some plastic just in the middle few milimeters

Maybe they used one of those experimental self-healing materials, so even if it scratches easily, the marks will disappear on their own.
Or maybe they just give you a bunch of screen protectors so when one scratches, you just replace it with another.

is this a subverted instance of apple buyer's remorse

go fuck yourself

Retard

Attached: 4047393_orig.png (433x330, 8K)

apparently the poster of this image is quite erudite and only uses his phone for serious business related tasks which are serious, business-related, and serious, and business-related

How, about:

Hurr, I have no idea what this even is because I haven't seen it, know nothing about it, but I will make a fool of myself by making stupid assumptions.

It's plain old plastic. They won't give you a screen protector because you aren't supposed to buy this phone, they made it purely to show that they can.

He's a very grown up person user, I wouldn't mess with him.

I know bullshit when I see one.

why do we need foldable phones again?
tablet craze ended years ago, people just buy phablet phones nowadays and get it done, why do we need this?

this is going to bomb so hard, just like HTC and LG 3D phones, the LG G Flex and the Galaxy Round

Attached: 534253425234.png (420x420, 12K)

lel

This, it's just a tech demo. A flexible screen will clearly be useful for a lot of things, but certainly not for phones.

diamond does not break more easily than glass yet is harder
checkmate

>diamond does not break more easily than glass
Yes, it does. Diamond shatters easily than any other material.

because babby duck fagotts

bigger screen, idiot

because this is the first step towards foldable 50" tv that fits in your pocket, i know you want it

>unfolds a 2nd time to become a tablet size

aluminum doesnt bend you retard. youre probably thinking of steel or carbon fiber

I'd prefer a thicker phone to be honest, i dunno about the rest of you

babby duck fagotts

no u

new!=better.

This will be a pain in the ass to repair

I honestly want a phone like this so i can fold it out to play a game in bed

wrong
the fracture toughness of diamond is higher than that of glass

>I'd prefer a thicker phone to be honest
Me too. With a headphone jack as well please

I wouldn't mind a trifold phone that unfolds to a 16:9 tablet, if it were thin enough when closed.

>implying i don't play my DS lite literally every day of my life as if my existence doesn't depend on it

this is the future I want to be a part of

this, but we can't stop it
when they implement under display camera sensors, fingerprint readers, and those screen vibration speakers, i wonder if they will pop out all screen phones all borders front and back, with a bottom to put it in, like tose bottles with ships

Forget about phones.
This would work great for making tablets portable.
Right now you need some sort of bag or clothes with big pockets to carry a tablet.
With this, you could carry it in your regular pockets while still keeping the same display size when in use.

>aluminum doesnt bend

Are you retarded?

wrong.

Or portable consoles.
I'm sure Nintendo will find some gimmick to put this tech into whatever will come after the Switch.

We don't, we have ran out of legitimate progress.

I'm less interested in unfolding it into a bigger screen and more interested in the fact that it's actually phone-shaped when folded.

I miss phone-shaped phones.

Maybe I'd consider it if it didn't have that disgusting user interface that hasn't evolved one iota since I owned a Samsung Jet. And even typing the word 'Bixby' makes me cringe.

The only good thing about it is that it has no notch. Everything else had to be sacrificed in some way for that gimmick,

>people keep buying bigger phones
>why are they increasing the size of their phone do they want people to buy it or something lmao

Phones are getting taller, and less wide. They're back to actually being shaped like phones now, albeit taller ones. Which makes sense, since reading text is better on a screen that is taller than it is wide. Phones are rejecting the sideways faggotry we've been forced to endure with our monitors. Making them into wide as fuck phablets again is a step back.

0.02 won has been added to your account, Lee.

It's amusing how people don't understand the phone represented is a proof of concept, not the actual final product.

THICC

>2 screens
>1 foldable and twice the sice

Great, I'm sure it'll only cost 5x the price of phones today!

>stopping at 3 folds
Amateur hour

That looks amazing. I would still wait until the technology is matured and gets rid of initial problems the first generations have.

...but why?

>why is samsung making a phablet
>why is samsung making a curved screen
>why is samsung making a foldable phone

you guys stop asking and wait, in 3 years it will be the norm

>i want new and expensive technology for cheap!!!!111!!1111!!11

whatever Apple makes will be the norm.

One more lie and I'll show you what sharpness lV looks like

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 8K)

>posting the onions meme when you're literally angry at people getting excited about something that isn't thin and notched

A folding phone could be a nice alternative to a phablet. Wait until it gets put into a final product before criticising it.

>samshit
ANDJEETS BTFO

Attached: 1541319154663.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

What?

Wow, you are retarded.

This is literally a step back in every way except the folding screen. We've run out of ideas.

If the outer face had a keyboard this'd be an insanely good design

BASED

Attached: DFC40484-662E-4DA2-86A7-B974BACA6821.jpg (3072x2048, 731K)

>4.5" when folded
>7" when not
its fucking perfect the big screen HAS to be OLED since LCDs don't bend and it must be plastic because glass can't bend like that at room temp
post >yfw the sub 5" thicc phone revolution occurs in 2019 and all those faggots who bought huge slabs of fragile glass can't hold them with one hand while you get a headphone jack, sdcard, 2 screens and some space age polymer shit instead of gorilla glass 9000 (this time its 5x stronger, 2x thinner but 80x more brittle)

Attached: index.jpg (970x658, 67K)

>gen 1 is going to break/explode/burn/whatever
Even better you get a replacement gen 2 folding device or a full refund*

*=in all countries with any kind of consumer protections See: everyone but the 3rd world and murica